• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Metal Gear Solid 5 announced or not (Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour OGRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, they were at least showing something.

vw4cC.jpg

5ozS4.jpg

Has it ever been stated what platforms the FoxEngine was developed for?

All of them (though designed for next-gen consoles).

That said, more speculation time by reading older interviews:

"Rather than making something cinematic, [I plan to] make something very free." Kojima told CNN of his new game, in late 2011. He went on to describe the game as set in an open world, in which players are free to explore. Kojima expects players to be able to find content even after 100 hours.

Elios83

LOL Kojima.......you said Project OGRE was a new IP, not an other Metal Gear Solid game :D

Btw Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour makes me think that it will be more about open warfare. Modern solid warfare :p

MechaX

Does Kojima even have the balls to do something this bold and interesting anymore? Nowadays, he seems determined to retroactively redeem Big Boss at any cost.

I could see it happening. Big Boss was pretty OK with child soldiers in Peace Walker.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok from the thread title I somehow expected something official.
Really good stuff if it is real. Well done.

But I was pumped for Ogre being something not MGS-related. :/

I think we wait and see, probably TGS ?

StuBurns

Banned
Well I suppose that not rule out next generation systems (assuming it scales well).
All this time and money invested, they really should sneak another MGS out this generation to get some cash back. There's no point building this engine to support the current systems if they don't even get a single release on them with it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well I suppose that does not rule out next generation systems (assuming it scales well).

They were adding tessellation to the engine, so it's at least somewhat DX11 compliant.

If it's Fall 2013 though, a brute force port over of the PC version would work for a cross generation game.

LOL Kojima.......you said Project OGRE was a new IP, not an other Metal Gear Solid game :D

Btw Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour makes me think that it will be more about open warfare. Modern solid warfare :p

I take Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavor to mean "open world intelligence gathering." If real I'd expect an open world MGS3 style survival game mixed with the resource + soldier management and base building of Peace Walker. Doesn't necessarily have to mean "open warfare" or "modern" in the way I think you're implying.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yep. For those that are not aware:

Yes, I still remember the MGS5 part of the rumour for rhe fact that the game could be released on 3DS too. It'd be something absolutely crazy.

And the more the time passes, the more this is less a fake as I thought earlier and more a real leak :lol

Jawmuncher

I'm not a fan of open word games, but if that's the direction Kojima is going with MGS5 i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

All this time and money invested, they really should sneak another MGS out this generation to get some cash back. There's no point building this engine to support the current systems if they don't even get a single release on them with it.

Makes sense.

They were adding tessellation to the engine, so it's at least somewhat DX11 compliant.

If it's Fall 2013 though, a brute force port over of the PC version would work for a cross generation game.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, a 'high-end' PC port would sit well as an early launch window title.

I take Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavor to mean "open world intelligence gathering." If real I'd expect an open world MGS3 style survival game mixed with the resource + soldier management and base building of Peace Walker. Doesn't necessarily have to mean "open warfare" or "modern" in the way I think you're implying.
Oh my goodness yes, give it to me.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sounds like MG remake to me.

My ideal "final Metal Gear game" was always a Big Boss title where you fight down some other threat or army while building Outer Heaven and recruiting supersoldiers, but the meta game like Peace Walker's Outer Ops is trying to keep Solid Snake from finishing his mission in kind.

Raonak

Banned
Gah.

I was hoping for a Metal Gear (not solid) remake. in full 3D and everything. I can't believe it hasn't been done already.
or: a MGS5, featuring The Boss, herself. in the mission where she had to kill the sorrow. it practically writes itself. Kojima wrote the perfect hook for a prequel without intending to.

I want more solid snake. 3 of the last 4 mgs games have been starring big boss :/

Chinner

Banned
if kojima wrote a mgs game with the boss sa the lead character he would destroy her as a character.

have you guys not realised that kojima can onlly tell stories in one way and hint: it requires the main character to be stupid and oblivious.

jett

D-Member
That dialogue text...Kojima needs to shut the fuck up about The Boss already. :| Is he ever gonna move on from MGS3?

I'm not particularly excited about yet another Big Boss game, but whatever. The new subtitle probably means this game will be different than previous titles in the series, so that's something to look forward to.

BadWolf

If its MGS5 then its probably going to be a new entry, not a remake of an existing one. No way they are giving the number to a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom