• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

Incredible episode, the ending had me in stitches which honestly with the day I'd been having, was great.

I am stealing that Ehrlich insult though,
Trigger Warning: fuck you!

Slacker

LOL loved it as always. Loved Jared worrying Richard with the knife, then finding out he wasn't even buttering the bread for himself, but for Richard.

I hope Jian-Yang didn't make enough money to leave the house. I need him torturing Erlich for as long as possible.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jian-Yang stumbling into a technology to detect dick pics was amusing.

I don't really know how Shazam for food becomes a useful app, but it was amusing to have the Stanford students get at least something vaguely valuable out of that class.

I hope Jian-Yang didn't make enough money to leave the house. I need him torturing Erlich for as long as possible.
He should keep living there just because he can.

Bighead congratulating his students who stole the See Food app idea made me laugh pretty good too

Big Head does so much with so little, when he turned to the girl in class and said it was okay she was on her phone because it has technology in it too sincerely was hilarious.

The increased screen time for Jian Yang this season has been great.

Poor Dinesh can never have nice things for too long.

MGrant

Fucking Jared stealing the show again. His elaborations on the kind of murder he'd commit for Richard, that psychotic laugh, all gold.

PCQ7vEr.gif

zspZyHL.gif

opANkFd.gif

MPoqKWR.gif

Special bonus from last week:
RluhII0.gif

Ogodei

Finally a return-to-form episode that brings back the laughs.

Also feels like they're accelerating the pace of the plot compared to previous seasons, or i'm just remembering them differently. Multiple twists and turns per episode now.

Dinesh getting a "good" job (looking at dicks all day, but good in terms of salary/benefits/prestige) seems like what the showrunners meant when they'd have more success this season: it's a win, but a win that still makes him eat some shit.

nampad

Man, Jian Yang is so great. Like that he finally had a great idea because his former app ideas just made him plain stupid.

The not hot dog joke at the end... :)

Ashhong

Man, Jian Yang is so great. Like that he finally had a great idea because his former app ideas just made him plain stupid.

The not hot dog joke at the end... :)

Even if he stumbled onto the idea, still hilarious lol. Love how Erlich consistently is his own worst enemy, but in a funny way, not in an annoying way like Richard

TTOOLL

I laughed the most when they said "4 million dollars". I thought about Erlich right away and pictured him getting the news hahahahah

Slacker

Jian Yang is a 1980s level racist caricature and the dick pic joke that concluded the episode was at the very least mildly homophobic.

I'll maybe give you Jian-Yang, but I think taking the series as a whole weakens the argument somewhat as he's becoming more fleshed-out as the story progresses.

And I don't consider myself homophobic but I wouldn't be excited to organize dick pics all day every day for a year for my job. I'm pretty sure Monica's reaction would have been similar.

Slacker

I don't see any news out there either way. From everything I've read HBO loves the show and it's gotta be relatively cheap to produce so I wouldn't assume it's in jeopardy. The danger I guess is that costs do drift up after 4 or 5 seasons if everyone is getting raises every year so who knows.

I don't think that's accurate. Clay Tarver would be promoted to help run S5 but Judge and Berg would stay. They just also have other projects (on Cinemax and HBO, respectively) happening so Tarver would lighten their load a bit.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/silicon...o-showrunner-on-hbo-comedy-series-1202062556/
Yup, it makes sense that they'd transition to someone else eventually, but it would only be starting with S5. Speaking of which, they'll presumably have an announcement about Silicon Valley and Veep being renewed sometime soon. Now is a reasonable time to do it, but they'll probably wait until upfronts are done.

iMax

Yup, it makes sense that they'd transition to someone else eventually, but it would only be starting with S5. Speaking of which, they'll presumably have an announcement about Silicon Valley and Veep being renewed sometime soon. Now is a reasonable time to do it, but they'll probably wait until upfronts are done.

I'm not hugely worried. The show runner transition on Veep from Armando to David went very smoothly and a lot of the original writers have left now too, yet the show is still not missing a beat.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm not hugely worried. The show runner transition on Veep from Armando to David went very smoothly and a lot of the original writers have left now too, yet the show is still not missing a beat.

mmmm I don't know, I think this season of Veep hasn't been nearly as good as past stuff, but that's not for this thread

Top Bottom