• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So when I hopped on the Dojo site and saw Sheik I was all like "HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE DELAY IS REDEEMED"

...then I went to GAF and saw the "hey, look, Famitsu spoiled Sheik" thread. -_- Oh well, it's still exciting to me!

Use Zelda’s down special move to transform into Sheik! Once you do so, you’ll have access to a new character completely unique from Zelda.

Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game.

Sheik's Special Moves
Standard Special Move Needle Storm
Side Special Move Chain
Up Special Move Vanish
Down Special Move Transform
Final Smash Light Arrow

Firestorm

Sheik's Special Moves
Standard Special Move Needle Storm
Side Special Move Chain
Up Special Move Vanish
Down Special Move Transform
Final Smash Light Arrow

Oh my god. Chain is still there. Dammit.
Guess I'll be killing myself a lot all over again.

Duderz

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
It's Sheik.

Well, that was kinda boring, huh?

lolz

Sooo happy that my favorite character is back from Melee, and it seems her arsenal is just about the same. Awesome design, too!

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
The cool thing about Kirby Super Star (actually, one of many cool things, but bear with me) is that it manages to incorporate almost every philosphy of platform game design into a single title, under the guise of "mini-games". In Super Star, we got a traditional Kirby sidescroller (Spring Breeze), a racer (Gourmet Race), a Mario World-style game with secret exits and enemy encounters on the world map (Dyna Blade), a Metroidvania-style exploration and collecting-based game (Great Cave Offensive), a non-linear game where the levels could be selected in any order (Milky Way Wishes), and a hardcore, fast-paced action game (Revenge of Meta Knight).

This isn't even counting the timing based minigames, the boss rush, the RPG battles, and the Parodius-like side-scrolling shooter near the end. Sakurai's versatility is mind-boggling, and it's this talen that makes Brawl the magic that it is.

I keep saying this, but Kirby Super Star is the genesis of Super Smash Bros. Many of Smash's ideas have their roots in Super Star.
I have nothing to add. This is basically all totally right on and true and is the reason that every single Smash Bros. fan should buy Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe when it's released on DS. :p

The Smash Bros. Dojo said:
Sheik doesn’t appear in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but we based her model on a design that was drafted up during the development of that game.
Thank you, Dojo. Now all those holdouts can see the truth. :D (Oh yeah, thanks to CreatureX3 for pointing out the Melee mentions too earlier.)

Duderz

Banned
Firestorm said:
Oh my god. Chain is still there. Dammit.
Guess I'll be killing myself a lot all over again.

Chain is what made that character. That and her forward air smash. And her up smash....

Just an awesome playable character all around. First thing I'm going to try is to see if holding A while the stage is loading will automatically transform Sheik into Zelda.

Gah... March 9th is too far away... :(

sheik_080116b-l.jpg

Yes, they're dangling. Those ain't manpecks.

Oh ho ho ho. Finally. No debating it. Sheik has boobs. She's a girl. Killing that debate before it ever begins. I couldn't stand anyone who thought Sheik was a guy in OoT or Melee.

TreIII

Another row's been added on the Character section of the DOJO. Guess we still got plenty more to go... :D

Jiggy37 said:
I have nothing to add. This is basically all totally right on and true and is the reason that every single Smash Bros. fan should buy Kirby Ultra Super Deluxe when it's released on DS. :p

I'm just waiting til I see the game up for grabs some where... :D

But yeah, Iam Canadian nailed it.

Jiggy37 said:
Originally Posted by The Smash Bros. Dojo: said:

Thank you, Dojo. Now all those holdouts can see the truth. :D (Oh yeah, thanks to CreatureX3 for pointing out the Melee mentions too earlier.)

Well, the "her" was only added to the English version. The Japanese site makes no mention of sex. Not that I am arguing with you or anything.

EktorPR

Sheik's model looks incredible...far, far better than what I expected. It helps that the pics released with the update are the best released so far for any character.

Jiggy

TreIII said:
Even with Kirby Super Star, on paper, being nothing more than a collection of mini-games...it still ended up having more meat on its bones than a number of "full-fledged" games out there, both at that time frame, and even now.
Well, I don't know about it being a collection of mini-games even on paper. Great Cave Offensive would pretty easily pass for a full DS game if it had been released on its own, I think, although they might have had to put some checkpoints in place to basically force some lengthened gameplay, ensuring that people couldn't just rush through to the end without collecting any of the treasures.

TreIII said:
Another row's been added on the Character section of the DOJO. Guess we still got plenty more to go... :D
Oh hey. Gender debaters and character grid theorists owned in one glorious night of making me happy. :D

pulga

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Wait, how did everyone know it was going to be Sheik tonight? What did I miss

Hell, I predicted Sheik w/o knowing there was a leak and w/o noticing people predicted her before me:( I'm never gonna win at this, am I ='(

But anyways, SHEIKKKKKKKK!!!

KevinCow said:
Now stop calling her a he.

Uber Zelda theorists would (and I am not joking here) counter your statement, stating that Sakurai has absolutely no authority to speak on Zelda canon whatsoever.

(btw, I'm not disagreeing with you)

That is how devil's-advocate-prone they are.

So just keep rubbing the pic with her dangling chest in their faces and that should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom