• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristam

ZOMG megaton!

But seriously, f*** everyone who kept saying that this game would suck because it would support only GC/Classic controllers (out of context quotes FTW) or support only the Wii Remote/Nunhcuk setup.

WHOOOO!

Game Modes makes the most sense.

How to Play is for game strategies and tactics. If this update showed what each button did, then yeah, it'd go under How to Play.

Jiggy

I'm willing to give the classic controller a shot, but there was something wonderful about the B/A/X layout. Unless it could be remapped so that Y is "B," B is "A," and A is "X/Y," the jump button won't work as effectively...

Branduil

ShockingAlberto said:
So...four GC controllers can connect in to the Wii.

Aside from that, four Wii controllers can, at the same time, connect to the Wii.

I wonder if there will be any modes that take advantage of this.

That would be nice. Although some of the stages are way too small to accommodate more than 4 players. I hope there's more huge levels along the lines of Hyrule Temple and The GreatFox, N64 version.

Proven

usea said:
You can do an up aerial without using your second jump. It requires pressing the buttons correctly instead of incorrectly. It can be done in one of many different ways.

Please, go on then. Explain.

I'm not going to beg.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Can't wait to try out the different controls. Also I'm betting there will be a Wiimote exclusive mode, or a GC controller exclusive mode.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Proven said:

I'm not going to beg.
You press up to the point where it doesn't jump, but it still recognizes it as tilting it upwards. It's really not that hard.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Huh. They finally confirm the control setup.

I guess I'll try the Wiimote one time for the novelty of waggle smashes. I am SO pissed the wavebird doesn't have rumble though. Could you release Wavebird 2 Nintendo? If not I'll buy a new orange GC controller but I have to sit on the floor to use it 'cause the cord is too short. :(

usea

Proven said:
I'm not going to beg.
1) hit up and A at the same time.
2) move the stick up only half-way, before it jumps but while it still recognizes you're pressing up.
3) move the stick upwards slowly enough that it doesn't recognize a jump. you can go all the way up with this method
4) hit the cstick up.

ShinNL

The Wii console really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.

I guess I have no choice but implement them all!

!!!

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif

Michan

ShockingAlberto said:
So...four GC controllers can connect in to the Wii.

Aside from that, four Wii controllers can, at the same time, connect to the Wii.

I wonder if there will be any modes that take advantage of this.

You could also connect Classic Controllers to the side-held Wii remotes for 12 players!

Or, each player could share half a controller with another player for up to 24 player matches!

I think four players is enough, thanks.

OriGiN

Banned
Michan said:
You could also connect Classic Controllers to the side-held Wii remotes for 12 players!

Or, each player could share half a controller with another player for up to 24 player matches!

I think four players is enough, thanks.

I think that each controller can only sink in once!

OMG i'm so happy... Classic Controller FTW here (I HATE CORDS)!!!

Michan

:Motorbass said:
theoretically, 7 Wiimotes could connect to the Wii.

You could also attach some USB controllers to the back of the thing, and I'm sure something creative can be done to those Memory Card slots.

Simultaneous 100 player gameplay confirmed?

Maybe each control method will be it's own game mode and each one has a different move set? After all, why do you think it's listed under "Game Modes" and not under "How to Play"?

Right now SSBB doesn't seem to deviate much from the basic gameplay of SSBM aside from the Super Attacks and Online play. Maybe this is Sakurai's way of changing the old Smash bros formula without abandoning the current style of play?

C.T.

superbank said:
Huh. They finally confirm the control setup.

I guess I'll try the Wiimote one time for the novelty of waggle smashes. I am SO pissed the wavebird doesn't have rumble though. Could you release Wavebird 2 Nintendo? If not I'll buy a new orange GC controller but I have to sit on the floor to use it 'cause the cord is too short. :(

cord extension?

Nuclear Muffin said:
Maybe each control method will be it's own game mode and each one has a different move set? After all, why do you think it's listed under "Game Modes" and not under "How to Play"?

Right now SSBB doesn't seem to deviate much from the basic gameplay of SSBM aside from the Super Attacks and Online play. Maybe this is Sakurai's way of changing the old Smash bros formula without abandoning the current style of play?

I could see that. Arcade style(Wiimote+nunchuk), Handicap style(Wiimote Only), Classic Style(GC/CC), etc.

Nuclear Muffin said:

Oh god, not more speculation! Noooooo!

Linkup said:
Tiers are in

Top Tier

GC Controller
Classic Controller

Second Tier

Wiimote + Nunchuk

Third Tier

Wiimote(on side)

It's a joke, but I know people are going to complain/fight about it forever.

:lol Hilarious. I'll probably use the nunchuck+wiimote, just because I wanna feel like I'm playing something new. Aint got any CCs either.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
As I never played this series before, I'm glad I can use wiimote controls. Should give me a chance against wavebird experts :p

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Or maybe I'll use Wiimote + Nunchuk. Thats what I was planing to do before but I've gotten back into Melee (thanks to these updates) and I feel like something will be lacking with the setup. Something related to the absence of analog triggers. Will there be lost functionality with digital buttons or do I just like the squishy feeling of analog?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Soneet said:
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.

!!!

crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
crazy_kermit.gif
Pretty much everyone's reaction. :lol

kizmah

One of the awesomest quotes ever!

Nuclear Muffin said:

Sakurai said:
There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think he'd support every one of them like that. The more choice in control, the better I guess. I'm pretty open, so even though I'm used to the control method in Melee, I'm more than happy to change if there is a better alternative.......or stick to what I know as it may turn out.

AniHawk

EternalDarko said:
I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think he'd support every one of them like that. The more choice in control, the better I guess. I'm pretty open, so even though I'm used to the control method in Melee, I'm more than happy to change if there is a better alternative.......or stick to what I know as it may turn out.

The thing about Sakurai is that he's a ****ing awesome director/designer. Respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom