• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll guess something new and less than likely for giggles.. a short bio on one of the blokes on the design/production team for some reason!

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
"Yay! Yay! An update today!"

"An update you say?"

"Yes, an update today!"

"Hip hip hooray!"

animalbreakgroup3kp5jb.gif

ant1532 said:
It looks like they're showing newcomer characters one at a time while showing Veteran profiles two at a time.

But they're a couple! =(

lol

I'm done with waiting, I'm going to sleep. Been up studying for finals and waiting for this to update but Japan Time isn't happening. G'nite!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MindCollizion said:
I'm done with waiting, I'm going to sleep. Been up studying for finals and waiting for this to update but Japan Time isn't happening. G'nite!

Can't wait 11 minutes?

Nintaiyo

Smiles and Cries said:
damn it don't do that, this joke is getting old :(

o rly? I don't remember anyone doing that, but who am I kidding...
Anyway, after F5'ing that site, the post about the control methods has really got me thinking. I'm strangley intrigued by the "just wiimote" control option. Nintendo wouldn't use motion sensing if it didn't work well, and we all know that nobody does it better. The question remains though of how precise it will be.

Nintaiyo said:
o rly? I don't remember anyone doing that, but who am I kidding...
Anyway, after F5'ing that site, the post about the control methods has really got me thinking. I'm strangley intrigued by the "just wiimote" control option. Nintendo wouldn't use motion sensing if it didn't work well, and we all know that nobody does it better. The question remains though of how precise it will be.

I just hope it's functional and not gimped. That way, it should be a nice alternative and perhaps more immersive.

Nintaiyo

Alkaliine said:
I just hope it's functional and not gimped. That way, it should be a nice alternative and perhaps more immersive.

Yeah...my fear is that it will "work", but it won't be incredibly responsive. By this, I mean that it'll be great for casual and non-gamer types because of its simplicity, but it will shun the hardcore because it'll be difficult to pull off certain maneuvers with precision and speed.

Nintaiyo said:
Yeah...my fear is that it will "work", but it won't be incredibly responsive. By this, I mean that it'll be great for casual and non-gamer types because of its simplicity, but it will shun the hardcore because it'll be difficult to pull off certain maneuvers with precision and speed.

Yup, that's my concern.

Smash Bros. can't afford to have unresponsive controls. I'm confident the remote+nunchuk version will be fine, but I do have concerns over the wiimote-only style.

VegaShinra

Alkaliine said:
Yup, that's my concern.

Smash Bros. can't afford to have unresponsive controls. I'm confident the remote+nunchuk version will be fine, but I do have concerns over the wiimote-only style.
The Wii-mote only may be the dimmed down version for controls of the game. Much like the A only mode in Melee. Everyone should have a nun-chuck since it comes with the system.

Nintaiyo said:

So? The "hardcore" will still have the GC controls for purists, together with Classic and Wiimote+Nunchuk for the rest.

VegaShinra said:
The Wii-mote only may be the dimmed down version for controls of the game. Much like the A only mode in Melee. Everyone should have a nun-chuck since it comes with the system.

Likely.

I do wonder if the wiimote+nunchuk version will have any motion sensing.

People assume that Japan time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... Japan-timey-wimey... stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom