• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - Impressions/reviews/etc

sun-drop

jesus .. maybe i'm blind or something but the controls seem a mess .. and i can't even edit them fully ..

i could have sworn there was an iron sight control ..in fact while playing i've seen dudes holding there guns up like this ...so what the hell is the button for that??

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
It's actually quite funny to see the haters and the lovers :lol

But even if you think about it, Confrontation is still better than 90% of the other online shooters, people just had way to high expectations ^^

Xater

Kingsora said:
But even if you think about it, Confrontation is still better than 90% of the other online shooters, people just had way to high expectations ^^

No it's not. R2, UT3, COD all better than this POS. I'm outta this thread though, deleted the game today from my hard drive. I no longer give a shit about this game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
zedge said:
:lol

http://www.myspace.com/socomisdead

This is great, really shows just a small sample of the absolute turd this game is.

Who ever the retard at Sony is who decided to put one of their premier franchises in the hands of a bunch of amateurs should be ashamed of themselves.
Amazing, looks like this guy was a huge Socom fan.
But he did point some huge mechanical flaws.(Even with his rude vocabulary :D )

Dragnet

TaKeRx said:
WRONG. better than COD? lmao, not this socom. I tried to play today, but that friggin message is not even letting me get past the main menu.

COD is utter shite! From a gameplay standpoint, Socom > Cod without question man. At least if you prefer tacticalness and realism, which I do.

Xater

I don't care about the tactical gameplay if the game is a mechanical and technical clusterfuck. Tons of stuff out there where people don't have to get through shit like this. Don't waste you money on this game!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Xater said:
I don't care about the tactical gameplay if the game is a mechanical and technical clusterfuck. Tons of stuff out there where people don't have to get through shit like this. Don't waste you money on this game!
Late for me, but i bought it for the headset which is really really good.

sun-drop

ok played a few more rounds and i remembered the control scheme ... still think i'd prefer an iron sight to the zoom level thing.

Dragnet

Xater said:

I don't see the mechanical or technical problems anymore after 1.3. Hell, after 1.2 the game wasn't that bad either. The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable and I think you are looking for some kind of fucking heavenly experience that blows every other game out of the water or some shit. No man, get real. Every game has it's issues, don't compare it to COD when CODs multiplayer has already been iterated on 3 times this generation against Socoms one and only try, with a new developer too. They have done a fine job, maybe not pleasing everybody at the moment but they are getting there.

spwolf

Dragnet said:
I don't see the mechanical or technical problems anymore after 1.3. Hell, after 1.2 the game wasn't that bad either. The game is perfectly playable and enjoyable and I think you are looking for some kind of fucking heavenly experience that blows every other game out of the water or some shit. No man, get real. Every game has it's issues, don't compare it to COD when CODs multiplayer has already been iterated on 3 times this generation against Socoms one and only try, with a new developer too. They have done a fine job, maybe not pleasing everybody at the moment but they are getting there.

i played 1.3 last night and it was fine... they seemed to have fixed those few annoying slow downs.

When it comes to the gameplay, this is it... after few hours of Socom, everything else will funny from gameplay perspective.

Dibbz

Quick question. Is there a switch sholders button in Socom? For example if I want to shoot left round a corner can I switch the gun to my left shoulder and vice verse?

Shurs

Dibbz said:
Quick question. Is there a switch sholders button in Socom? For example if I want to shoot left round a corner can I switch the gun to my left shoulder and vice verse?

Yes, tap the X button to switch gun position from one shoulder to another.

NameIess

I'm a huge Socom 1/2 fan played both games consistently for several years almost daily...
I even played Socom 2 consistently on my PS3 when the console was first released.

It still baffles me why the Socom franchise did not receive the same big budget and focus like the Killzone IP. Don't get me wrong I'm astonished by what GG has accomplished with Killzone 2 from a visual/presentation perspective, but why was this budget and care not placed into the very popular well known Socom IP? It just does not make sense to give the IP to a developer like Six Slant that did their best, but could not get the job done IMHO.

I'm sure Zipper earned the stripes to allow them to work on a different project, but at least give the Socom franchise to a more seasoned development team. It still bothers me that my favorite online IP from the last generation is a game I can't stand playing on my PS3. I really wanted to like Socom Confrontations and even purchased the game, but I just can't stomach playing the game for more than a few rounds...

I still refuse to consider Socom dead I just really hope they give the franchise to a different development team and perhaps utilize an effective engine to produce the next Socom.
It would be interesting to see a modified version of the COD engine optimized for the PS3 used or perhaps the now famous Killzone 2 engine. I strongly believe the right development team with the proper tools could deliver an amazing Socom on the PS3.

Imagine if the care and quality put into Killzone 2 was placed into a Socom title; the hype and anticipation from the remaining Socom community would be off the charts...

Shurs

NameIess said:
I'm a huge Socom 1/2 fan played both games consistently for several years almost daily...
I even played Socom 2 consistently on my PS3 when the console was first released.

It still baffles me why the Socom franchise did not receive the same big budget and focus like the Killzone IP. Don't get me wrong I'm astonished by what GG has accomplished with Killzone 2 from a visual/presentation perspective, but why was this budget and care not placed into the very popular well known Socom IP? It just does not make sense to give the IP to a developer like Six Slant that did their best, but could not get the job done IMHO.

I'm sure Zipper earned the stripes to allow them to work on a different project, but at least give the Socom franchise to a more seasoned development team. It still bothers me that my favorite online IP from the last generation is a game I can't stand playing on my PS3. I really wanted to like Socom Confrontations and even purchased the game, but I just can't stomach playing the game for more than a few rounds...

I still refuse to consider Socom dead I just really hope they give the franchise to a different development team and perhaps utilize an effective engine to produce the next Socom.
It would be interesting to see a modified version of the COD engine optimized for the PS3 used or perhaps the now famous Killzone 2 engine. I strongly believe the right development team with the proper tools could deliver an amazing Socom on the PS3.

Imagine if the care and quality put into Killzone 2 was placed into a Socom title; the hype and anticipation from the remaining Socom community would be off the charts...

It's a shame that you don't like it. I'm a SOCOM noob and I think it's a lot of fun. The problems that the game had at launch are absent now and I felt that the gameplay was always good for this title. There is a strong community of SOCOM vets and most that I've spoken with whilst playing think the game is better than SOCOM 3. I do understand what you're saying about the attention and budget given to the game not being in line with the popularity of the franchise. I just think they saw the Warhawk model being succesful and tried to emulate it with SOCOM.

Xater

Shurs said:
It's a shame that you don't like it. I'm a SOCOM noob and I think it's a lot of fun. The problems that the game had at launch are absent now and I felt that the gameplay was always good for this title. There is a strong community of SOCOM vets and most that I've spoken with whilst playing think the game is better than SOCOM 3. I do understand what you're saying about the attention and budget given to the game not being in line with the popularity of the franchise. I just think they saw the Warhawk model being succesful and tried to emulate it with SOCOM.

But Warhawk has a way higher quality and comes from a seasoned developer.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
What a difference playing an online game when it first comes out compared to a few months later. I just jumped back in after a long hiatus and I mean, the assholes have really started pouring in. Racists, homophobes, sexists, and every other kind of -ist there is. It's impossible to enjoy a game unless you play with friends or a trusted group of people. I guess I'll have to keep the majority of my playing time limited to GAF sessions.

and how the hell was I supposed to know NOT to plant the bomb in desert glory?

Shurs

Xater said:
But Warhawk has a way higher quality

When talking about gameplay your statement is debateable. The gameplay in SOCOM Confrontation (glitches aside) was never the issue, it was the interface and netcode. This has been fixed, for the most part.

Concept17

So...for everyone who is upset with glitches and problems with the game... how many of you have or haven't dealt with these same issues on PC games in the past? Everything I've read seems like pretty standard issues for a competitive online shooter.

zedge

Sorry to burst your bubble but no shooter I have ever played on the PC has even come close to this travesty.

Especially considering this is an online only game from the ground up.

JB1981

NameIess said:

I have never played past Socom's, but I agree with you - Sony handled this well-established IP (which basically DEFINED online play on the PS2) very poorly. Hell, I think GRAW is a better game, in a lot of ways. Just one of many ill-advised decisions made by Sony Corp., and I can't think of a single good reason why they didn't nurture the series the way they should have. It's such a fucking no-brainer.

Cruzader

Banned
NameIess said:

First of all dont you understand that Zipper is working on a new IP and not Socom correct? Sony is helping them create the "next best online game for PS3" sort of speak. Thus giving SlantSix the opportunity to work an a Socom that went back to its roots.(which it has like it or not)

Second, why dont you understand that Sony/GG HAD to handle KZ2 in a special way due to the infamous E3 05 KZ2 teaser CG video. They had to come through and try to match that video or else they would of been criticized like crazy. It was "do or die" with that game. Thankfully they pulled it off and looks if not surpasses the CG video.

Hope that helps so you can stop complaining.

Fersis

So finally the game worked !!!
Good match, the game looks really really fun, it has a terrible camera system,and its very hard to shoot from windows (The lean mechanic doesnt work too well) and the UI is very bad.
But the core game looks like fun, the audio is amazing and the graphics are good too.
Its not as bad as some of the guys said.

Xater

Concept17 said:
So...for everyone who is upset with glitches and problems with the game... how many of you have or haven't dealt with these same issues on PC games in the past? Everything I've read seems like pretty standard issues for a competitive online shooter.

I have dealt with issues like these before but why bother when you can playy games that don't have these problems? I also doubt some of this stuff will ever get fixed.

Kittonwy

Banned
Cruzader said:
First of all dont you understand that Zipper is working on a new IP and not Socom correct? Sony is helping them create the "next best online game for PS3" sort of speak. Thus giving SlantSix the opportunity to work an a Socom that went back to its roots.(which it has like it or not)

Second, why dont you understand that Sony/GG HAD to handle KZ2 in a special way due to the infamous E3 05 KZ2 teaser CG video. They had to come through and try to match that video or else they would of been criticized like crazy. It was "do or die" with that game. Thankfully they pulled it off and looks if not surpasses the CG video.

Killzone 2 is Sony's No. 1 FPS franchise by far so they have to pour resources into it, unfortunately SOCOM isn't, partly because Zipper has moved on to create something original, and Slant Six isn't exactly a top-tier developer.

That said, SOCOM Confrontation gameplay is excellent, the problem is still the unfriendly online interface (lack of a party system, and an awkward way to join friends, even accepting invite to join a particular game is clunky) and many glitches/problems the game launched with. I wish Slant Six had put more polish in the game before they pushed it out, but then we really don't know what the budget for such an online-only title is. Gameplay-wise I actually prefer it over R2, the problem being not many people I know are playing SOCOM Confrontation.

TuxBobble

Yea there are definitely still some control issues with this game. Some of which have only begun since they implemented the d-pad lean mandatory mechanic. I honestly liked the SixAxis lean, while the left/right d-pad buttons could do other things.

Overall, 1.2 was unplayable to me. 1.3 I only played a few matches of, but so far I've been pretty happy. No one answered me yet though--does anyone know if the trophies are earned through custom matches as well, or JUST through Quick Play, or what? Because I haven't been able to get a successful Quick Play going thus far...

P.S. who made the GAF clan? I want in, but I couldn't create it on my own because it seems to already exist...

NameIess

Cruzader said:

Did you completely read my post before typing a response?

I stated that Zipper earned the ability to work on a different IP (MAG), but It did not make sense to hand over such a popular PS2 franchise to a unproven development team like SlantSix.
*At one point Socom 2 logged more player hours than all of Xbox Live…*

There's many hardcore Socom players who purchased a PS3 with the expectation that the next-gen Socom would be an amazing experience living up to the "work some overtime to afford a PS3" claim made at its launch. I don't care how hardcore of a Socom fan you are this game is a disappointment period. I understand they wanted to build on the Socom 2 gameplay and go "back to the roots" I liked that thought process, because I'm one of the biggest Socom 2 fan you will meet. The idea sounds good in concept, but no so much in execution...

Also, I have every right to complain, because they already got my $60 bucks. The only thing I got was a mediocre Socom and a great headset...

Now once again Sony needs to get their head out of their asses and produce a true Socom sequel worthy of the PS3 platform.

Is that clear enough for you?

Q-bert

Banned
Xater said:
I have dealt with issues like these before but why bother when you can playy games that don't have these problems? I also doubt some of this stuff will ever get fixed.

Because the games that dont have these problems aren't as fun to play, if you are looking for a 3rd person tactical shooter.

Sure, R2 and COD are fun for what they are, and they both have better polish / less aggravation than SOCOM. But they are both undesirable, if you're looking for breach/demolition/escort/extract/elimination gametypes.

SOCOM gametypes (playlists) on COD4 or R2 engines would be awesome. Add in a 3rd person camera and I wouldnt's see a reason for SOCOM to even exist.

CHRP718

Banned
NameIess said:
Did you completely read my post before typing a response?

I stated that Zipper earned the ability to work on a different IP (MAG), but It did not make sense to hand over such a popular PS2 franchise to a unproven development team like SlantSix.
*At one point Socom 2 logged more player hours than all of Xbox Live…*

There's many hardcore Socom players who purchased a PS3 with the expectation that the next-gen Socom would be an amazing experience living up to the "work some overtime to afford a PS3" claim made at its launch. I don't care how hardcore of a Socom fan you are this game is a disappointment period. I understand they wanted to build on the Socom 2 gameplay and go "back to the roots" I liked that thought process, because I'm one of the biggest Socom 2 fan you will meet. The idea sounds good in concept, but no so much in execution...

Also, I have every right to complain, because they already got my $60 bucks. The only thing I got was a mediocre Socom and a great headset...

Now once again Sony needs to get their head out of their asses and produce a true Socom sequel worthy of the PS3 platform.

Is that clear enough for you?
After Zipper is done making MAG(day 1) they can start on a true Socom with the Killzone engine and have 4 player co-op / campaign / multiplayer

NameIess

Q-bert said:
Because the games that dont have these problems aren't as fun to play, if you are looking for a 3rd person tactical shooter.

Sure, R2 and COD are fun for what they are, and they both have better polish / less aggravation than SOCOM. But they are both undesirable, if you're looking for breach/demolition/escort/extract/elimination gametypes.

SOCOM gametypes (playlists) on COD4 or R2 engines would be awesome. Add in a 3rd person camera and I wouldnt's see a reason for SOCOM to even exist.

I had the same thought regarding COD4... If you can give me a 3rd person version of that with the modes from Socom 2 I'm good to go.
*Obviously we are over simplifying, but hopefully others see our point...*

Fersis

Kittonwy said:
Killzone 2 is Sony's No. 1 FPS franchise by far so they have to pour resources into it, unfortunately SOCOM isn't, partly because Zipper has moved on to create something original, and Slant Six isn't exactly a top-tier developer.

That said, SOCOM Confrontation gameplay is excellent, the problem is still the unfriendly online interface (lack of a party system, and an awkward way to join friends, even accepting invite to join a particular game is clunky) and many glitches/problems the game launched with. I wish Slant Six had put more polish in the game before they pushed it out, but then we really don't know what the budget for such an online-only title is. Gameplay-wise I actually prefer it over R2, the problem being not many people I know are playing SOCOM Confrontation.
Ok ok... you dont like R2 ,we got it. Move on. :D

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
SOCOM 3 wasn't that great either as an iteration. I don't understand (even given Killzone) why they haven't cared more for this franchise. It was such a gem on PS2. Just another bad decision in the field I guess.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
CartridgeBlower said:
I thought there were rumors MAG was going to be turned/renamed into the next Socom.

After the Confrontation debacle, it wouldn't be a good idea to call it "Socom". Better keep the distance you know.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TTP said:
After the Confrontation debacle, it wouldn't be a good idea to call it "Socom". Better keep the distance you know.

let's call MAG something like Seals of War or Call of War or something else , but you know it's not Zipper's fault , blame the man who hired Noob 6 to do this game , they ruined the franchise and SOCOM name forever :C

GQman2121

Banned
TTP said:

Well I think its safe to say that the only reason anyone is currently playing Confrontation is because it has the name Socom in it's title. It certainly isn't because they were able to replicate the gameplay from the first two games in the series.

Confrontation was fucked from the start. A year ago when the hype train was just beginning to pull out of the station, Seth and his producers gave off the impression that the game they were creating would reflect what made the first two games in the series so successful.

In reality what they did was created an entirely new game, with a familiar name.

By borrowing features from the slower-paced-respawn retail monster COD4--with it's run button, melee attack, and multiple modes per map--Confrontation is nothing more than an experiment to exploit fans with a love for the Socom name.

Slant Six removed the ability too:
- Join a game that a friend is currently in
- Shoot over ledges and out of windows on a consistent basis
- Shoot or toss nades while leaning around a corner
- Leaning while prone
- Night vision while moving at top speed or in all camera views
- Switch weapons or gear while moving
- Switch between your gear load and your quick switch choices on the fly
- Jump and climb up ledges

Besides being just an out right slower paced game--effecting one on one battles--there are a ton of small choices that were made which compromises the core Socom gameplay.

If your only experience with Socom are the later games in the series, then yes, maybe you can deal with the consistent freezes; number of maps and guns; missing features; and questionable visuals. I've been playing Socom since 2002' and I just can't.

Dragnet

GQman2121 said:
Well I think its safe to say that the only reason anyone is currently playing Confrontation is because it has the name Socom in it's title. It certainly isn't because they were able to replicate the gameplay from the first two games in the series.

Confrontation was fucked from the start. A year ago when the hype train was just beginning to pull out of the station, Seth and his producers gave off the impression that the game they were creating would reflect what made the first two games in the series so successful.

In reality what they did was created an entirely new game, with a familiar name.

By borrowing features from the slower-paced-respawn retail monster COD4--with it's run button, melee attack, and multiple modes per map--Confrontation is nothing more than an experiment to exploit fans with a love for the Socom name.

- Leaning while prone

Besides being just an out right slower paced game--effecting one on one battles--there are a ton of small choices that were made which compromises the core Socom gameplay.

If your only experience with Socom are the later games in the series, then yes, maybe you can deal with the consistent freezes; number of maps and guns; missing features; and questionable visuals. I've been playing Socom since 2002' and I just can't.

Dude wut. To say it's a different game is INSANE. Before I say anything, I've been with the franchise since Socom 1 too. I fail to see how it is a different game. The mechanics, the flow, it's all the same with necessary improvements over. If they straight up ripped Socom 2 apart and just rebuilt it in HD, it would be ugly as fuck and you know it.

Borrowing features from COD was a wise move. They know that many of the Socom fans moved onto COD and will likely move back onto Confrontation, and so it made sense to add features that fans expect from games these days. For the record, COD4 did not invent running and knifing, I was doing that on Battlefield games on PS2 as well as others. Also, Socom 3 and Combined Assault also supported multiple modes per map so...wut. I might add aswell that 3 and Combined Assault were made by Zipper and were more trash than Confrontation, yet you are happy to give Zipper the slip on these and assume they are still on form? Hell no, since Socom 2 they have been all over the place. I trust /6 more than I trust Zipper atm. /6s Socom games on PSP were great, and I think the fact that Zipper handed the series over showed they had lost direction and needed to hand it off before they completely screwed it up.

Your list of problems is half valid. For example, being able to shoot over ledges and out of windows on a regular basis? If you can't do these, then you're either doing it wrong or being total fucking dumbass and tyring to shoot from somewhere where you clearly cannot. I

I find that since 1.3 actions while leaning have been MUCH more effective too, I think that the Sixaxis leaning was utter tripe and I'm glad they listened to fans (Zipper didn't btw) and are making/have made an effort to fix features and add features fans want. Every problem in that list can be patched, something /6 are making a constant effort to do. Let's remember that Zipper did not check up on the community (cheaters? Hundreds if not thousands left to ruin the game) and took a VERY long time to introduce a worthless patch.

Slant Six are not saints, but neither are Zipper. At this point in time, I have more respect for Slant Six than Zipper. Than you, Zipper, for creating the franchise and laying the foundation and rules for what it is, but that's enough. Time for /6 to take the reigns and move the franchise forward in the way it was meant to go.

Give them a break, it's their first ever PS3 game and they are under a ton of pressure. Imagine the shitstorm if it still hand't been released. They can't win, no matter what they do. Shame :(

Sorry if I sound like a douche...I don't mean to be, I'm just sick of the Socom hating.

Hugs? :D

KongRudi

Banned
NameIess said:

I think SCEE decides how big budget Guerilla Games gonna get, and GG probably planned to work on their own franchise long before SCEA tought about who should make a Socom-Remake.
SCEA had worked with Slant Six games before since they were expertise brought in to help Sony Bend with Syphon Filter engine, so obviously they had faith that Slant Six Games would make a decent Socom remake. Rather than taking studios from SCEE to produce games for them. :)

Greg

GQman2121 said:

- Leaning while prone

I think most of the problems coming from the hardcore fans is their misinterpretation of what the producers meant by trying to recreate what made the first two games so great. Leaning while throwing grenades obviously makes sense, but I'm not sure that's what hooked me. And some of the things that were in the PS2 titles are things that just can't be replicated... little quirks that spawned from the development process/engine itself.

I've been playing since the original SOCOM at launch, and Confrontation is easily the closest they've come to replicating the core elements of what made SOCOM I/II so great (and I've played them all). The feature complaints you listed have absolutely nothing to do with what made the game what it is - I mean come on... look at your list. You can honestly say that these issues fuck your game over so hard that it's just not worth playing? And even with those issues, there is no other game on the market that comes close to this style of gameplay.

I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences, but there's a reason why people continue to stick with the game, and it's not because it has SOCOM in the title. I ditched the 3rd game and beyond (PS2/PSP) rather quickly after launch because it didn't match up, but those games certainly picked up a new audience along the way. I gave this game a shot just like I give any other new IP a shot - I don't think people force themselves through shit gameplay just because they are a fan of SOCOM. I bet even that guy that made the myspace mocking the game will continue to play Confrontation.

I've had occasional bits of lag and bullshit calls in Confrontation, but I don't think some of the people complaining remember how terrible the conditions were in SOCOM I/II once you were actually in a game (peak hours in S2/Fish Hook - guns NEVER fired properly, sometimes even skipping bullets in a clip completely). Most of the issues people are having right now are problems with community/convenience features, but the core gameplay (which I still consider 8v8) plays more consistently than the series has ever been.

sun-drop

had some good matches last night. i haven't played since being in the beta but every single match i've tried after buying it with this latest patch has been soomth and zero connection issues, rock solid.

why can't i map jump to X ... fucks me off.

and can you mute certain players? i was playing last night and holy hell the red necks where out in force. on aussie servers no less.

really does seem like a game thats well supported by the fan base ..but shit are they a tight bunch, some times feels like yr playing on some1s private court.

thats what i get for playing at 4am i guess.

looking forward to some locals tonight maybe.

is there a progression system in this game? access to more weapons etc?

the control system is really last gen imo ..... and the editing of the config is so limited it's laughable .... some things have to be HELD ... can change them to tap, some things move in pairs so you can map them to other buttons. would love to map grenade to a button instead of having to go thru a menu. grr

great maps tho. voice chat is really clear. and once you get used to the controls it plays great.

icechai

spent many hours last night playing Socom for the first time. Yup, i'm a Socom noob. And coming from a completely new perspective to the franchise, I'm sorry to say that Confrontation really has not made a believer out of me (I'm a regular Warhawk player and was very into KZ2 during beta). Also I'm used to no respawn games from many years of CS.

Cons:
Gfx - Doesn't hold up to any of the other first party Sony games, also a bit more clipping than usual
Camera - have to constantly switch shoulders, a bit cumbersome and makes me feel limited
Controls - feels a bit too arcadey for my taste, more than warhawk (the controls, not the actual gameplay).
Guns - bad recoil, random bullet spread, can unload your whole gun a few feet away from someone and still not kill them, even though its only like 2 or 3 hits to kill someone.
Community - Overall pretty unfriendly, lots of "gtfo, join the other team" type of thing, even when you do decently. Newer players without any ranks are nice, go figure :p
Engine - long loading times for levels, in between rounds, in between menu interfaces, etc. Changing layouts in between rounds is slow as well.

Pros:
Maps - seem very well balanced
Gameplay - requires lots of teamwork to do well, you can really see a team dominate when they coordinate together
Communication - almost everyone has a mic and the sound is crystal clear, also very essential to use when playing this game

Might give it another chance someday but there's so many other great games to play now that are better polished than this one.

SERIOUSLY FUCK

I think SONY has yet again ruined a block buster franchise by not paying attention to it. I wanted to get into SOCOM games but after reading new players impressions I am going to pass ...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Hmmm. Well, as I've said I was super into 2, and petered out after that, so it's been some time, but I have to be honest and say I was very impressed tonight. It really felt like the SOCOM of old. Nice to have cleaner graphics, and the controls felt right to me. Nice maps too. Was I getting pissowned left and right? Yes I was, and that's the nature of SOCOM when you're a noob. Still, for someone who was expecting shit after this conversation I thought it was damn nice. Very smooth, huge amount of people on, etc.

I had fine loading times and the bullet spread is par for SOCOM. You have to learn bullet and accuracy control and it's a bitch. If you're spraying legs, you will die from headshots, but I certainly didn't feel like I was lacking kills with torso shots. Weapons as always make a big difference.

I feel wary about investing what this game needs again, but I am sure glad I took a tour at least. I unfairly jumped on the wary wagon.

teepo

i just thoroughly read some of the whining and you guys are a bunch of bitches. this is socom2 in hd. period.

god damn, hop off the band wagon.

Top Bottom