• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread of Silly Screenshots (56kouch, Spoilers!)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Scribble said:
Some more "silly situation" pics:

9hl387.jpg

soxoub.jpg

zt7omh.jpg

67jd5g.jpg

zn2e7n.jpg
Made of awesome, all of them. (Quoted the pics so they don't stay only on the bottom of last page.)

I predict many hours wasted with this picture feature when I get the game.

Neomoto

Holy shit. I knew we would see some focking awesome pics but so many so soon? GAF delivers flawlessly. Such awesome pics. Can't wait to get the game to try this out, will be a first for me (with console games).

I personally found the one with Samus kicking Luigi's ass quite impressive. I would love to see more of such "split second" continued attacks between certain characters. :)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
*looks at all that awesomeness.. sheds a tear*

now that is how games have to be made - with a built-in framebuffer grabber with pixel-perfect export to a standard media.

hear me, crue world? THAT'S HOW they ALL have to be made!

*cuddles corruption, endless ocean and dewy's adventure*

KevinCow

Banned
El Pescado said:
I wonder, on the information for the trophy of the MGS3 Snake, where it says the first game they appeared and what system it was on, does it say, "Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)" or what? I mean I can't imagine Nintendo acknowledging the existence of one of their current competitors in what is arguably the biggest Wii game so far... yet at the same time, it would be odd to leave that bit of information out completely.

Also, this is a prime opportunity to bring up my, "WHY WEREN'T THEY ALTERNATE COSTUMES?!?!" complaint.

RetroMG

KevinCow said:
I wonder, on the information for the trophy of the MGS3 Snake, where it says the first game they appeared and what system it was on, does it say, "Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)" or what? I mean I can't imagine Nintendo acknowledging the existence of one of their current competitors in what is arguably the biggest Wii game so far... yet at the same time, it would be odd to leave that bit of information out completely.

Also, this is a prime opportunity to bring up my, "WHY WEREN'T THEY ALTERNATE COSTUMES?!?!" complaint.

And Iriquoi (sp?) Pliskin is from MGS2, which was on PS2 and Xbox, not Cube. I'd assume they'll have to acknowledge Sony at the very least.

PBalfredo

For a while I thought the Iriquoi Pliskin trophy was a trophy of NES boxart Snake. Looks similar.

I know Metal Gear Solid was the series breakout hit, but it would be nice to see a few more throwbacks to the old NES Metal Gears, since this is Smash Bros. Tara's Theme is pretty good; it'll be up in the upper levels of MyMusic for Shadow Moses Island.

PBalfredo said:
For a while I thought the Iriquoi Pliskin trophy was a trophy of NES boxart Snake. Looks similar.

I know Metal Gear Solid was the series breakout hit, but it would be nice to see a few more throwbacks to the old NES Metal Gears, since this is Smash Bros. Tara's Theme is pretty good; it'll be up in the upper levels of MyMusic for Shadow Moses Island.

I totally loved the remixes for both 'Encounter' & 'Theme of Tara' (you can also hear this song while playing VR Missions in MGS) but it was also great hearing the original version of 'Theme of Solid Snake' in all of it's MSX soundchip glory while also keeping some of the original tracks from the other MGS games.

Also, fighting to "Calling to the Night" on Shadow Moses Island was one of the most epic battles ever.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
KevinCow said:

No systems are listed for games on competing systems, even Sega ones.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
RetroGamer42 said:
And Iriquoi (sp?) Pliskin is from MGS2, which was on PS2 and Xbox, not Cube. I'd assume they'll have to acknowledge Sony at the very least.
Technically, he appeared as an alternate costume in Dream Mix TV Fighters, which was on GameCube.

And it's funny how those trophies really show how the SSBB Snake had Big Boss' body and face, just with Solid Snake's clothes.

Scribble

Alaluef said:
Made of awesome, all of them. (Quoted the pics so they don't stay only on the bottom of last page.)

I predict many hours wasted with this picture feature when I get the game.

Thanks :D And yeah -- I think that, for the last few days, I've spent more time taking snapshots than actually playing the game. I didn't expect snapshot-taking to add to the replay value THAT much (For me, anyway), but it did. Really lets me use my creative side.

Btw, any more requests?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
stewacide said:
I wish someone would do a bin2jpg like program for EO...
the game's savefile is not SD-enabled, i.e. you get the 'screw you' message after you press the inviting, perfectly-enabled 'copy' button on the info dialog.

Crushed said:
Blue WW Link is so awesome. Really makes me sad that Wind Waker didn't have any different tunics.

8-bit era colorscheme Toon Link is the best. Greatest alternate costume in the game by far. I'm most disappointed in Snakes alternate costumes. Would it have been so hard to add an eyepatch to one of them to make it Naked Snake?

Fuu

Crushed said:
The graphics breaking made this one more disturbing than it should be...

:lol at the first and second NSFW pics. Animal Crosser looks so glad to be watching in the second one.

I admit, I'll probably take lots of those.

Scribble said:
Ow, wow. Look what I found on Smashboards:
NSFW

Goodness gracious me.
Good God.

RetroMG

What we really need is a Brawl Caption Contest page or thread. I have so many, yet I don't want to clutter this thread by reposting all the pictures again.

I just have to say, I LOL'd at hot Saturn-on-Saturn action.

I need this game, if only for the screenshot mode.

Scribble

Insaniac said:
sweet jesus. Even NeoGAF has limits around here you numbskull!

No, it'll get worse next week, when people get the game. Expect Donkey Kong x Mario, Diddy x Jigglypuff, and the kings of furrydom themselves, Fox and Sonic going at it. Wario has a sick animation which is DESTINED to be used for a lot of sick pictures. No, you haven't seen anything yet.

I'll post some this weekend, but I took some cool ones of Link vs Ganondorf and Toon Link on the Red Lion and there's already similar pics above :(.

Fuu

Scribble said:
Ow, wow. Look what I found on Smashboards:
NSFW

Goodness gracious me.
I'm quoting this again because only now that my eyes aren't bleeding anymore that I noticed Pit watching the action.

Top Bottom