• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

vato_loco

Last last last one was Persona 5. I paid more, actually, since I wanted to have the physical version and in my country that'd be about US$110. Last one I paid US$60 would be Nier Automata, and Horizon Zero Dawn before that.

This year alone Persona, Zelda, MK8, and Arms. Zelda and Yakuza I got the Amazon discount on.

Twilight Princess HD from Gamestop for the Sound Selection CD

zelda-twilight-princess-hd-cd.jpg

20 tracks at 53 minutes is much better than a lot of "selection CDs" included with a lot of games.

Hey, a good Zelda soundtrack!

DC1

Andromeda or is it Amdramada.... either way my heart was broken within 120 minutes and then I realized that I purchased it from PlayStation Store. I needed someone to pick me off the floor.

Davey Cakes

Breath of the Wild (Wii U).

I thought I'd want to play it and get in on that action, but surprisingly the game is firmly in my backlog after a few hours of play. I'm just not in the mood for it. Meanwhile, I'm getting a kick out of games on Steam that I got for less than $10 a pop.

Probably should've just waited until I bought a Switch. Oh well.

Shit, I just spent $200 on that FF XII CE from the S-E store, a better question for for me would when haven't I?

That would be Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Nioh which I got for $50 each.

jamsy

Bought digital version of Forza Horizon 3 on the MS Store site at full price because they had a $15 credit offer. Never got the $15. Never again.

Hrm... I can probably tell you the last six I bought at full price, but I think only one of them was $59.99...

Xenoblade Chronicles
Animal Crossing City Folk
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo: Reach
Freelancer
Civilization III Collector's Edition (the $59.99 one)

One of the benefits of having a large backlog is that there's little need to buy games at full price, except for Nintendo games which never seem to go down in price.

webkatt

Mass Effect: Andromeda

I got the super deluxe $99.99 version as I assumed it had some sort of season pass at that price point.

I was wrong

Compsiox

Banned
Battlefield 1. I got the early access edition. I don't regret it at all. The graphics and gameplay blew me away.

Edit: forgot about Zelda.

First-party Nintendo skews this like crazy because the prices don't drop, I tend to buy them at launch, and the announcement-to-release windows are sometimes short enough that I can't get a discounted order.

So if we restrict this to games not published by Nintendo, and exclude everything under the usual $60 price point (which rules out a significant number of releases on PC and 3DS)... I'm not sure I can think of a more recent one than Rayman Legends in 2013. This may be the case even if one doesn't account for things like E3 discounts on pre-orders.

Fuchsdh

Halo Wars 2, before that Halo 5. Before that.... maybe Halo 4 (LE) back in 2012? I've bought all of my other disc-based games for at least $10–15 off, and can't think I've paid $60 digitally for any other game.

Compsiox

Banned
Mass Effect: Andromeda

I got the super deluxe $99.99 version as I assumed it had some sort of season pass at that price point.

I was wrong
Why would you assume anything when you're spending an additional 40 dollars. Should have looked into it.

woopWOOP

Fire Emblem Echoes was day 1, full price
I'll be picking up Ever Oasis tomorrow for full price
3DS full price is like 40 bucks here tho

Last €60 game? I dunno, was Mario Maker 60? Smash WiiU maybe?

mindatlarge

If GCU counts as full price then Disgaea 5 Complete at launch. Though I've bought several titles like WipEout, Cave Story+, God Wars, Ever Oasis and RiME at their full price with GCU more recently.

If GCU doesn't count, then my god, I have no clue. Years maybe?

Eblo

Back in 2014, I picked up Bayonetta 2 for Wii U. Although, it came with the first Bayonetta, so that doesn't really count. It would be Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in that case.

Jedi2016

I've bought a few games at release recently, but I get the Prime discount, so still not $60.

Dark Souls III on PC, maybe? Was that $60? I also got the season pass or deluxe edition or whatever it was called.

Syysch

Dark Souls 3. Before that, Bloodborne. I feel those games are best experienced playing along with the community learning it all at the same time.

I have like 700 games i havent yet finished to keep me occupied until a vast majority of newer games get their first or second sale. I never really feel tempted or the need to get much even close to day 1 anymore.

Top Bottom