• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

BeeDog

My personal hope would be to see a new God of War game with a new lead from Santa Monica, but I doubt it. Dunno what to expect, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

Oh, and people need to stop being pissed off at Keighley and co. They're doing a good job at hyping you up, but it's entirely your fault if you end up super-disappointed.

EDIT: lol at Disco sharing the same train of thought as me.

yurinka

Screen%20Shot%202011-12-03%20at%2012.03.43%20AM.png

Believe.

Gears 4 is a DS exclusive confirmed xDD

Gears Of Kinect for X360 only
vs
God of War 4 for Ps3 only

the fact that a new X360 exclusive is not advertised over a billboard pictures.. does not imply that won't be announced at the event.

plainr_

I hope this PS3 exclusive thing has nothing to do with that cliffyb tweet. Kinda expecting something groundbreaking from Media Molecule. Who knows what they're up to.

Paracelsus

"An exclusive you won't believe"

UNREAL 4? Meh.

I still go with the theory that it's either it's something that doesn't make logical sense given the strenght of the characters' names (Sony Smash) or something that would leave people dumbfounded because it sounds so X360-bound it's not funny (GoW prequel trilogy).

It could be Diablo III but it will turn into another UTIII result-wise.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I hope this PS3 exclusive thing has nothing to do with that cliffyb tweet. Kinda expecting something groundbreaking from Media Molecule. Who knows what they're up to.

Same here. Not really a huge fan of his games, myself. I either want Syphon Filter, ZOE3, something new by Santa Monica or MM. I could care less about GG and what they're up to after what they did with KZ3.

WARP10CK

Banned
It´s not gonna be half life 3 even if its a timed exclusive can you imagine how Steam users would react HL3 finally releases but NOT on Steam.
The steam forums would go nuts and not for the right reasons.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
It´s not gonna be half life 3 even if its a timed exclusive can you imagine how Steam users would react HL3 finally releases but NOT on Steam.
The steam forums would go nuts and not for the right reasons.

If it was HL3 (which it won't be) it would be a timed console exclusive in that it would release day and date for PC/PS3, with a 360 version following later. It wouldn't be PS3 only the day of release.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Old? Maybe it's related, maybe it's not... :) From head of SCEE, Jim Ryan:

http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...prefer-them-exclusively-on-our-platforms-yes/

He also hinted that there were some big surpises on the way for next year. “There’s a bunch of stuff at the back end of the year – I’ll just tease you with this because I not going to tell you what because I can’t – which I’m very excited by, and you’ll hear about [it] over the coming months. [It'll] give you plenty to write about.”

If it is PlayStation Battle Opera, that Jim's statement would fit. Gradual character reveals and the inevitable 'background histories' of each respective character.

There is Alan Wake XBL game tat we know about.

well it does't fit the profile of latest Microsoft announcement at VGA

2009 = Halo Reach
2010 = Forza 4
2011 = Alan wake Xbla ? during theirs record year at the latest video games event before christmas season in Us ?

I really doubt that Microsoft will have just Alan Wake at VGA 2011

Saty

I won't rule out Diablo 3 for PS3 being the 'exclusive'. Blizzard have been gearing for bringing the game to consoles and i can see the Auction House stuff preventing a 360 version so they bring it just for the PS3.

Plus, they are showing the game's opening cinematic at the VGA's. I don't recall them giving so much exposure for a PC exclusive even if this one is Blizzard. I can imagine the video ending with a PC release date and then next to it 'Fall 2012 on PS3' fading in.

Hydrargyrus

Why not U3 engine?

I don't know, but I think that it will look better with a deferred rendering system, with lot of light sources, in dark environment.

IMO, fits better with that type of game and I can't say that one engine is better than the other, ND engine and Guerrilla engine

Ryse, maby? I don't think you should expect anything big from Microsoft at the VGA's. Hell, no rumours are flying around and that tells us a lot.

Halo 4 first gameplay trailer on X360 is the safest bet
Gears Kinect the second.

i also start to believe that Ryse will be moved to the next platform and Fable (kinect) will be the only important title left for 2012 aside H4 for the X360 ( well if Kinect Gears would not be announced of course )

Globox_82

Banned
I don't know if it means anything, but that cliffy comment was retwitted by geoff.
If it was trolling I doubt he would do it. That said there is no way Cliffy would just ditch his bellowed 360 in favor of 3rd place console.

Although now I do expect him to announce something, maybe sequel to that xbl game...

I want a new Syphon Filter more than anything in the universe, but nobody would care about it. The VGA crowd would all instantly be replaced with tumbleweeds.

TheOddOne

Halo 4 first gameplay trailer on X360 is the safest bet
Gears Kinect the second.

i also start to believe that Ryse will be moved to the next platform and Fable (kinect) will be the only important title left for 2012 aside H4 for the X360 ( well if Kinect Gears would not be announced of course )
Frank O Conner from 343 Industries has already stated two times that Halo 4 will not be at the VGA's, no ambiguity, he outright said "no".

Top Bottom