• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

if Geoff feels so damn strongly that is some mind blowing game then I think some stakes should be in order.

like if the game turns out to be just the continuing adventures of Kratos in God of War 4 or something else just as predictable then he should get a silly tag on here or something.

if its a new 3rd party exclusive for ps3 OR the reappearance of Agent or a mind blowing new IP from a sony studio... Im talking LBP debut or Killzone 2's real time debut at e3 in 07 kind of mind blowing then I tip my hat to Mr Keighley because that might be something work hyping about and putting next to games like the next metal gear and Bioshock infinite.

I just think we are to late into the generation to expect any real shockers.

Gsak

If this turned to be the new David Cage/QD game I will be deeply disappointed.

da gamerz need to send their savior Angry Joe to fight Geoff again.
2z85gmv.gif

To be honest I dont think the surprise will live up to any expectations.

Geoff is all about the viewers and creating a buzz. Hes a salesman and seeing how much this thread has sprouted I'd say hes doing his job alright. He's got sponsors to satisfy.

Its gonna be the same convoluted crap like last year, this year will just be a repeat of it.

To be honest I dont think the surprise will live up to any expectations.

Geoff is all about the viewers and creating a buzz. Hes a salesman and seeing how much this thread has sprouted I'd say hes doing his job alright. He's got sponsors to satisfy.

Its gonna be the same convoluted crap like last year, this year will just be a repeat of it.

The gift that keeps on giving, my friend :)

Also, it's going to be exclusive DLC to GTAV or some shit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The reveal trailer for it would probably be pretty awesome. Could be like the DC Universe Online trailer.

Speaking of that..Blur Studio trailers costs a lot of money and in the last VGA and last E3 most of the CG trailer were done by Blur..even a small nobody studio like Insomniac hired them.

Blur Studio must be really loving these shows and publisher's money.

Speaking of that..Blur Studio trailers costs a lot of money and in the last VGA and last E3 most of the CG trailer were done by Blur..even a small nobody studio like Insomniac hired them.

Blur Studio must be really loving these shows and publisher's money.

The employees there must be under some fucking massively expensive NDAs.

gkryhewy

Gears of War prequel trilogy.

This suggestion literally makes no sense in any conceivable way. A new trilogy, at the end of a generation, on a console that would probably generate half or less the sales of prior iterations on 360, judging by the performance of exclusive shooters on PS3. Okay.

If PlayStation Battle Opera does have Kevin Butler as an unlockable, he needs to throw one liners. . .and pictures of Jack Tretton at his foes.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You mean this mess?

EDIT: Good God, re-watching this, it's teeth-grinding worthy.

lol..yeah that still funny, but it was the best thing about VGA last year..super hilarious and AJ was totally unprepared pile of fail and got completely destroyed by Goeff,also Aj meltdown in the video even that he should only blame himself add more hilarity to it.

...I wish we get something like it this year too( but I doubt that Joe will go to VGA this time tho).

I doubt it's a third party game. It just doesn't seem likely this late in the generation.

Santa Monica, Guerilla, and Quantic Dream are all working on new titles. It's likely something from them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
lol..yeah that still funny, but it was the best thing about VGA last year..super hilarious and AJ was totally unprepared pile of fail and got completely destroyed by Goeff,also Aj meltdown in the video even that he should only blame himself add more hilarity to it.

...I wish we get something like it this year too( but I doubt that Joe will go to VGA this time tho).

He didn't talked about the VGAs yet, and he doesn't make a single mention of it on his site or twitter.

Gsak

How did I miss this. Fuck when he brings up FF MMO I lost it.

Ahh... 12-15 year old fans. That's who we have to thank for Angry Joe. The gamers representative and savior. The Dovahkin of the Gaming Industry.

I wonder at what point did he actually start to believe his own bs.

This suggestion literally makes no sense in any conceivable way. A new trilogy, at the end of a generation, on a console that would probably generate half or less the sales of prior iterations on 360, judging by the performance of exclusive shooters on PS3. Okay.

Oh well then.

Prothero

Neo Member
This is an "out there" theory, but it certainly is unbelievable: Mega Man Legends 3 for PSN. Mega Man Legends 1, 2, and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne were on PS1, so MML3 arriving on a Sony platform wouldn't necessarily be that far-fetched.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ahh... 12-15 year old fans. That's who we have to thank for Angry Joe. The gamers representative and savior. The Dovahkin of the Gaming Industry.

I wonder at what point did he actually start to believe his own bs.

From the start.

[Nintex]

I sure hope that one of these days people get sick and tired of Geoff's hype machine. Every single thing he announces is 'OMG best thing ever' and ultimately ammounts to nothing. I'm out of his hype boat forever if this doesn't deliver. Sure you can hype up stuff but hyping every single big game like it's the second coming of christ is getting old.

Top Bottom