• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

monome

Unbelievable PS3 exclusive reeks so much of the smash bros stuff...horrible.
Merci detective-GAF, otherwise I would have been totally exited then despaired.

Now, metal gear with kamiya involved? That's the only question worth asking.

Also no new Halo 4 trailer before Christmas would be harsh.

I would think that a major third party exclusive announcement would be saved for E3. Probably the Sony Smash Bros. game, but maybe Quantic Dream's new game.

gioGAF

Whenever any media outlet touts a "PS3 exclusive" that you won't believe, it always ends up being something underwhelming.

The Kaz twitter is a joke account.

Doesn't mean it isn't Genji 3

NlTyu.jpg

Well I wouldnt belive Sony would be stupid enough to think they can make a Smash bros game. So you got me there Spike.

Would be nice if it was something like a new big ip from a big developer or a sequel to a Sony ip that hasn't appeared this gen, but I doubt those things would happen.

Meohsix

I just hope Sony Smash Bros isn't a Move title because i'll lose interest in it immediately.

Regular controls or bust!

Yea, this reeks of "Sony Smash Bros: Seriously we're not teh kiddy Edition"

Truth be told, I can't wait to see what it looks like, and I really want to destroy that upstart Jak with the always awesome Ratchet.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Then again its Rockstar. They arent exactly known for releasing games on a short developement cycle.

Sure, but they have to regret committing to Agent (if it's still exclusive) at this point. Earlier in the generation, they were complaining about how the 360's technology was hindering the production of open-world games, but then RDR came out and was clearly technically superior on 360. There's just no reason I can think of that a PS3 exclusive 4 years in the making (or however long it's been) is going to pan out for them financially. Hopefully they are using the features of the PS3 in a brilliant way that Rockstar could think of but I could not.

Sony Battle Opera wouldn't be unbelievable, since it's impossible for that game to be multiplat, anyway. So, if it's that, the teaser is completely wrong.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Agent, or are convinced it'll be multiplat, so I guess that could qualify.

Halo 4 would definitely be unbelievable, but it would make no sense, so I don't see that happening.

MGS5 as a PS3 exclusive would definitely be surprising, while still being a possibility.

FF7 would be unbelievable, and rightly so. At the rate SE is going, any PS console remake might as well be targeted at PS4.

reminder

Sony Battle Opera wouldn't be unbelievable, since it's impossible for that game to be multiplat, anyway. So, if it's that, the teaser is completely wrong.

I guess the "you won't believe" doesn't mean "you won't believe it's PS3 exclusive", but rather "you won't believe it's happening".

Top Bottom