• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

cabot

alright, I don't want to splurge on my gif stockpile super fast.

22 players, so there will be around 4+ scum, right?

Guessing it's the authority (is that what Vince, Steph, HHH are caled these days?)

Who's miller tracker this time?

Burbeting

Banned
Here is the deal:

I'm not going to spend my time trying to defend myself this time. I did that in Harry Potter, and got a major burn out from Miller roles.

So believe, or not. If you don't, you're free to lynch me, I don't really give a shit this time.

cabot

Here is the deal:

I'm not going to spend my time trying to defend myself this time. I did that in Harry Potter, and got a major burn out from Miller roles.

So believe, or not. If you don't, you're free to lynch me, I don't really give a shit this time.

give me some fluff for the miller. Does nin explain it? Character wise.

So a miller means investigative roles. So in case the real cop didn't watch PW, splinter and I are joking about ascetic cop. Don't counter claim ffs.

Burbeting

Banned
give me some fluff for the miller. Does nin explain it? Character wise.

It's hard to state it without directly quoting the PM, but basically it's because of the character of CM Punk. I don't know about any wrestlers, but I'd assume he would fit the bill then.

Kawl_USC

Eh fuck it, cops don't investigate bear, if he plays scummy we still lynch. This whole miller thing is so played out, let's move on.

cabot

My only concern is your attitude Bear. I understand it's frustrating to be a Miller yet again and to be up against it constantly, but I hope you don't refrain from playing your usual game.

Your analysis is always welcome.

Eh fuck it, cops don't investigate bear, if he plays scummy we still lynch. This whole miller thing is so played out, let's move on.

I think I agree with this. Frankly, ever since how HP Mafia went down I've felt that it's best for a Miller to delay claiming as long as possible so that they can at least build up a strong pro-town reputation (all the better if they never happen to be investigated) , because otherwise it's a distraction- especially on D1 when we really have little reason to trust somebody either way.

Palmer_v1

Hi.

I'm CM Punk, the Miller.

...yeah.

Fucking nin.

Goddamnit burb, you know that basically makes you a policy lynch in my eyes. It's even worse cause you're one of a few players who might be brave enough to make that claim as scum/neutral too. Barring any other shenanigans, you're the safest lynch.

I was planning to just no lynch and bail cause i fucking hate Day 1 too.

For now:

Vote: Burbeting

That's a bit bastard of a role too, which is hopefully not a trend.

Policy lynches are fucking stupid. This is a game about scum hunting not about getting people to play how you want.

Unless you think Burb is pulling a Xam.

*Splinter

Goddamnit burb, you know that basically makes you a policy lynch in my eyes. It's even worse cause you're one of a few players who might be brave enough to make that claim as scum/neutral too. Barring any other shenanigans, you're the safest lynch.

I was planning to just no lynch and bail cause i fucking hate Day 1 too.

For now:

Vote: Burbeting

That's a bit bastard of a role too, which is hopefully not a trend.
I think this is 8/10, millers are well within the expected roles.

As for your vote, I think you know already that this won't gain steam. So did you mean "safest lynch" or just "safest vote"?

Burbeting

Banned
I think I agree with this. Frankly, ever since how HP Mafia went down I've felt that it's best for a Miller to delay claiming as long as possible so that they can at least build up a strong pro-town reputation (all the better if they never happen to be investigated) , because otherwise it's a distraction- especially on D1 when we really have little reason to trust somebody either way.

Day 1 Claim is the only sensible play for a miller role, because it makes sure the possible investigative powers won't waste their powers on them. In worst case scenario, a cop would out themselves because "they found scum", only for town to lynch the miller, and then scum night killing cop afterwards.

nukedeggs

Sweet it started! Hey everyone, I'm super psyched to wrestle with words and possibly gifs. I'm at work at the moment, but I'll try to keep up when I get chances to during the day. Worst case I'll just catch up when I get back home. Though I'd chime in and say that I also think that we should let the whole Miller thing be for now since it seems like it'll be potentially distracting from looking at other players and such. Though I guess getting player reactions to the Miller would be useful too? But at the moment it seems like most people have the same opinion on it. Am down to move on.

Greetings, fellow wrasslers.

I'd like to extend the warmest of welcomes to our new gal, nukedeggs.

Let's all give her the GAFia welcome, put it there buddy..

Uul6EYG.gif

VOTE: nukedeggs

Let's begin.

gender appropriate gif was not found
Thanks for the welcome! I'm not really sure who to vote for myself but I guess I'll hold off for now? I know that in some previous games people have done RNG, but it seems like some votes have already been cast. Or is it better to get the ball rolling with a bunch of votes from a bunch of people?

cabot

sLFnJdL.jpg

I hate you Palmer. That was trash.

Would expect nothing less on Day 1 though.

I'll judge how Bear plays before deciding to waste him.

RetroMG

Just want to drop a quick reminder here, forgive the interruption. Anytime accusations start flying, it's tempting to drop your role claim like it's some kind of force field. Beware! Roleclaiming too early can be just as harmful as not role claiming at all. Offering up who you are too early can paint a huge bullseye on your back. Now, I'm not saying don't do it as a last resort. I just don't want our power roles to get picked off too early.

Bah, sorry. I didn't mean to go all Sorian. The fact is, though, that someone has to say it. Can't be too careful, right? Heck, we can't all be Xam and survive after a day 2 roleclaim.

Enough of that, though.

Someone has to die today, who is it gonna be?

cabot

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not really sure who to vote for myself but I guess I'll hold off for now? I know that in some previous games people have done RNG, but it seems like some votes have already been cast. Or is it better to get the ball rolling with a bunch of votes from a bunch of people?

It's all on you, player. I like to throw my vote around because it usually gets people talking, and why not welcome you into the game with a nice shiny vote. Your reaction was what I was looking for, and this seems a pretty ok response.

*Splinter

Just want to drop a quick reminder here, forgive the interruption. Anytime accusations start flying, it's tempting to drop your role claim like it's some kind of force field. Beware! Roleclaiming too early can be just as harmful as not role claiming at all. Offering up who you are too early can paint a huge bullseye on your back. Now, I'm not saying don't do it as a last resort. I just don't want our power roles to get picked off too early.
VOTE: Sorian

Wait... what?

Where am I?

Bowlie

Banned
Yeah, I know how dumb I was in PW for hanging on to D1 stuff that wasn't harmful at all. As Kawl said, we can lynch him later.

Day 1 Claim is the only sensible play for a miller role, because it makes sure the possible investigative powers won't waste their powers on them. In worst case scenario, a cop would out themselves because "they found scum", only for town to lynch the miller, and then scum night killing cop afterwards.

Saying it's the "only" way to do things sounds a little extreme for me, but I suppose I can agree that your scenario would be extremely frustrating if it were to happen.

Palmer_v1

Why it's a policy lynch I agree with from the mafia wiki:

The first school of thought is that you should claim immediately, ideally in your opening post. This ensures that the Cop will not waste an investigation on you. It becomes more likely that you will be lynched or shot by a Vigilante, however; otherwise, it would be too easy for Mafia to fakeclaim Miller as well.

Burb absolutely did the right thing, and as much as some of you might hate it, we also have to consider doing the right thing. Lynching a miller is slightly better than lynching ordinary town, barring any obvious scum. For any new players:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Miller

Kawl_USC

Oh come on if we did everything by the best play here you would see substantially more no lynch votes especially when it comes to mylo situations. Gafia lives by the UG and dies by the UG so I'm sure there will be some sort of shenanigans to discuss this first day.

*Splinter

Why it's a policy lynch I agree with from the mafia wiki:

Burb absolutely did the right thing, and as much as some of you might hate it, we also have to consider doing the right thing. Lynching a miller is slightly better than lynching ordinary town, barring any obvious scum. For any new players:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Miller
I'd rather lynch scum though

Also PRs are over rated. Miller Burb is still entirely capable of destroying the scum team.

Palmer_v1

I think D1 miller claim makes little sense as a scum gambit.

I think it's a great claim if we continue to treat miller claims as Named Townies, which seems to be the desire of everyone but me. I know people rail against meta but it exists for a reason. Ours is weird in that it hates neutrals but continuously allows bold claims to survive.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss burb further as it just wastes time, as it will continue to do every time his miller status comes up.

Sorry you got shit on by rng burb.

cabot

Or we could you know, lynch actual scum.

I'd rather lynch scum though

Also PRs are over rated. Miller Burb is still entirely capable of destroying the scum team.

I appreciate the attitude but Palmer's pragmatism makes sense, I'll vote on Bear if I believe we're heading down the wrong lynch. Townie or scum on D1 is okay.

I am making it clear now that I am assuming Bear is nothing more than a Miller.

Burbeting

Banned
The problem with Miller is that they make the experience of the player much less fun. I have never really hidden the fact that I wasn't having much fun during my short time in HP.

Not commenting on Palmer's vote, he is fine to have those opinions, and frankly lot of them makes sense. The chances to lynch scum during D1 are usually low, but let's see for now.

*Splinter

I appreciate the attitude but Palmer's pragmatism makes sense, I'll vote on Bear if I believe we're heading down the wrong lynch. Townie or scum on D1 is okay.

I am making it clear now that I am assuming Bear is nothing more than a Miller.
Interesting...

Top Bottom