• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Kawl_USC

The problem with Miller is that they make the experience of the player much less fun. I have never really hidden the fact that I wasn't having much fun during my short time in HP.

Not commenting on Palmer's vote, he is fine to have those opinions, and frankly lot of them makes sense. The chances to lynch scum during D1 are usually low, but let's see for now.

Yea well then why did you have miller trackers in your.... Oh right.

And your role in HP was also rough as it contained towns only recourse against the second scum night kill. Rip snape vs snake showdown.

Kawl_USC

I think it's a great claim if we continue to treat miller claims as Named Townies, which seems to be the desire of everyone but me. I know people rail against meta but it exists for a reason. Ours is weird in that it hates neutrals but continuously allows bold claims to survive.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss burb further as it just wastes time, as it will continue to do every time his miller status comes up.

Sorry you got shit on by rng burb.

I mean I would agree with this logic a lot more if scum hadn't just tried this very move in the most recent game. One which Burb ran. I'm not buying it.

cabot

If you want, I made my feelings clear.

If Bear is a valid lynch choice by day end and the vote leader is someone I do not want to kill, I'll choose him. I don't think that's a particularly outrageous opinion. Three days for everyone else to help me form some opinion on.

Palmer_v1

I mean I would agree with this logic a lot more if scum hadn't just tried this very move in the most recent game. One which Burb ran. I'm not buying it.
I did not follow the previous set of games. How quickly were the scum lynched? If it's happened recently as you say, I am much more likely to give burb benefit of the doubt here.

cabot

VOTE: Bowlie

You were here once, and made an infuriatingly structured post. Any thoughts and feelings on what has transpired?

cabot

Oh yeah, oops. I guess because there wasnt capital letters up the wazoo on that post it slipped by me.

VOTE: batsnacks

We're sure to get a laugh from this guy.

*Splinter

Could you explain this more?
Well it's pure meta but

Last game Cabot and I (as lovers) were only clears in one thing for D1: we wanted to (if in doubt) lynch low activity players. This was to avoid a repeat of WW2 (which you may remember)

HOWEVER we fucked up and lynched NeverTim, and went on to regret (and sure enough the game got a bit WW-y later on). If anything I'd expect this to strengthen Cabot's resolve.

So him already positioning for a Burb lynch is weird, especially since I know that Burb is someone who's reads are respected/feared depending on alignment.

All that said, I don't feel much scumminess in cabot's posts so far, and his position is not unreasonable (in isolation, at least), so I'm mostly just taking the opportunity to tickle him until something more interesting happens.

ultron87

Hey. I am pro Day 1 Miller claim.

It's obviously a tough place to be put in, so I think it makes sense to get out of the way. The circumstance mentioned where it goes real bad and the cop investigates you and claims to get you killed is really disastrous. Now we can have Burb on the radar but there's no rush to deal with it.

cabot

If we're poking people I really want to hear from Squidy.

I mean I really really want to hear from squidy

He's in a match right now I believe...

arachnaman.jpg

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
terra-ryzing-o.gif

Hey guys, what's going on?

Oh, a Miller! I'm inclined to give day one Miller claims the benefit of the doubt, so I think we can trust Burb FOR NOW. Obviously we have to keep an eye on him but I think the way he's handled it so far makes sense.

Kevyt

Here is the deal:

I'm not going to spend my time trying to defend myself this time. I did that in Harry Potter, and got a major burn out from Miller roles.

So believe, or not. If you don't, you're free to lynch me, I don't really give a shit this time.

Seems like a scum move tbh

I would like to hear more from scraftydevil.

What do you think of the Burb situation?

LA DIABLA needed her beauty sleep, but now she is here to teach all pretenders what it means to be THE CHAMP

28178a988bef317b7fa8c072bca28d79fab8408c_hq.gif

I think that Punk's claim of being a face is believable, BUT, like many others have said, that shouldn't excuse any excessively HEEL-like behaviour we see from him. And as it should always be for claimed individuals, if they last a suspicious number of rounds, WE PUT THEM IN THE GROUND

RetroMG

I'm willing to accept Burb's claim for the moment. If we need someone to lynch later, he's a decent default, but there's not enough information to know for certain one way or another, and I'm not willing to kick him out purely on the chance of sucky RNG.

Kawl_USC

So by the sample provided in the opening, we can rest pretty assured that if there are neutrals they can win with town, right? Comparing the wording provided there with the wording provided in PW opening, I think we are safe from a repeat of #xamxiety.

cabot

I know nin is trying to encourage gif use, but please post SOMETHING along with it. It feels like posts with just gifs are going to be much harder to keep track of later on when we need to research something.

dMHkQ.gif

I thought the gif was pretty clear. I thought that was a lazy post.

cabot

So by the sample provided in the opening, we can rest pretty assured that if there are neutrals they can win with town, right? Comparing the wording provided there with the wording provided in PW opening, I think we are safe from a repeat of #xamxiety.

Maybe not a specific #xamxiety situation, but I just checked the Archer ordinary role PM, and the win condition was 'You win when all KGB are eliminated'.

That game had a killing neutral role, with a win condition. So we should remain cautious of neutrals.

Kawl_USC

Maybe not a specific #xamxiety situation, but I just checked the Archer ordinary role PM, and the win condition was 'You win when all KGB are eliminated'.

That game had a killing neutral role, with a win condition. So we should remain cautious of neutrals.
Yea I specifically meant SK who has to be last man standing, but point taken.

nin1000

Banned
Please try to write some text along the gif in order to maximize the fun for everyone.

Quality posts will be rewarded

nukedeggs

On my lunch break so here are some thoughts on the Burb situation. I'm leaning towards believing him. It'd be a pretty risky play for scum to put themselves in the spotlight right from the start like this IMO, and it seems like from links posted that standard Miller play is to claim D1.

And as it should always be for claimed individuals, if they last a suspicious number of rounds, WE PUT THEM IN THE GROUND
In the case of Burb being a Miller, wouldn't it be scum's best interest to keep him alive? He can take up town discussion time and will always have at least a little bit of suspicion on him due to being Miller.

So, if Burb is telling the truth, what he turns into is a kinda 'bulletproof' town (assuming that he is just a Miller, which gives scum not that much incentive to kill him) who's forced to behave very town-like in order to survive all the extra scrutiny placed on him for being a Miller. Not too bad to keep around, IMO.

cabot

In the case of Burb being a Miller, wouldn't it be scum's best interest to keep him alive? He can take up town discussion time and will always have at least a little bit of suspicion on him due to being Miller.

So, if Burb is telling the truth, what he turns into is a kinda 'bulletproof' town (assuming that he is just a Miller, which gives scum not that much incentive to kill him) who's forced to behave very town-like in order to survive all the extra scrutiny placed on him for being a Miller. Not too bad to keep around, IMO.

It can work both ways, a scum could latch onto a miller lynch because it's not seen as bad play to go for the claim. For scum, it's good because they kill someone they know not to be scum, and they dont look suspicious doing it.

Leaving them alive is also a good play because it's a constant source of suspicion as the game goes on.

I'd say a scum would benefit from a miller lynch, but not a miller Night Kill, those are pretty rare.

Palmer_v1

On my lunch break so here are some thoughts on the Burb situation. I'm leaning towards believing him. It'd be a pretty risky play for scum to put themselves in the spotlight right from the start like this IMO, and it seems like from links posted that standard Miller play is to claim D1.

Scum have two options regarding a miller. They can try to use him as a backup lynch if they think town can be swayed. It's something they'd keep in their back pocket until a member of the scum team is in trouble. However, if town seems to believe their claim, it effectively makes them a named townie, and it's always in scum's interest to kill confirmed townies.

Kawl_USC

Well not alwaaaays. A named townie who's being led by the nose or continually has monumentally bad logic would probably be left alive by a bold scum team.

Palmer_v1

Well not alwaaaays. A named townie who's being led by the nose or continually has monumentally bad logic would probably be left alive by a bold scum team.

Sure. My Named Townie thought is under the assumption that the miller gained that status by solid play. A shitty miller will always end up lynched and nobody will feel bad about it. That's worst case scenario for town.

Kalor

Right now I'm fine with letting Burb live today since I'd rather lynch someone we know nothing about rather than someone who is more than likely a miller.

nukedeggs

Yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is that Burb voluntarily put a timer on himself to be helpful or get lynched, so we should give him a chance.

I feel like I might have caused this Burb discussion to go on for too long, so later once we can expect people to get off work/classes/generally be free and caught up and stuff I'll try to help put some pressure on those who haven't been so active.

You ain't new at this are you, nuked? ;o
Haha yeah I read a lot of Gafia while waiting for midseason sign ups...@.@

Top Bottom