• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Kawl_USC

Unless town has repeatedly and consistently shown they could not care less about day 1 and one head is as good as another. But okay.

If we are going to be so gung ho (that's what 5 votes?) at least look at some other people cause if there is another slaughter night 2 towns is in pretty rough shape.

Unless town has repeatedly and consistently shown they could not care less about day 1 and one head is as good as another. But okay.

If we are going to be so gung ho (that's what 5 votes?) at least look at some other people cause if there is another slaughter night 2 towns is in pretty rough shape.

Who else do you suggest we, uh, look at for you

hmm?

cabot

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

Do you still think bronx man is a tanner? Do you think Kawl is scum?

What's your opinion on Stanley? Who's going under the radar?

Kawl_USC

Well now I can't keep up which accusation is being leveled at me for being scum is it being copiously fluffy or an erroneous vote? Cause I don't know about you but being a fluffy asshole seems to indicate a not too great amount of caring about the game precedings.

Or: you need some new glasses pops.

nukedeggs

You're right I should have manufactured more controversial stances to make sure I got the appropriate amount of flak instead of just posting my actual thoughts. I guess my brain has just been working too safely this game. Damn.

And yes the first point is the one I was leaning towards, and what an odd statement, the suspicion is coming from your recent posts and I just stated it. Suspicion doesn't have to have been festering all along from the word go to be valid.

And yes I am being fluffy and lazy in scum hunting. I find day 1 mostly dreary and incredibly hit or miss for scum hunting (as can be seen by our great record of suspects) and have been too busy to do actual analysis beyond just keeping up with the thread for this far into day 2. Sorry for keeping some posts light hearted. Always forget Gafia is no fun allowed unless your name is Blarg.
You seem like you're saying that your strategy is to not contribute on D1, which makes it seem like you're content to just let scum, who already know who's scum, do the talking.

Also, I understand if you're busy, but it seems like you're just shutting down people's ideas, like Palmer's reaction to your read list and Batsnacks's analysis of your voting logic.

Though nuked, I am quite interested that you've said that you think scum have been controlling the conversation but have said nothing about cabot who's been front and centre, which surely would be the best place to control the conversation from?

Anyway yeah, going to have a re-read of the thread. Brb.
You are correct, I haven't said anything about Cabot yet, but it's because I'm still considering his behavior. Somehow, he seems a bit too safe to me as well. Most of his behavior has been poking inactives, asking them for their opinions, and yet has not been pushing any strong opinions of his own other than some reads. I also find it strange how he's so universally accepted as Town. If you go back and look, I teased my suspicions of him earlier by listing him as a likely person for Kalor to hide behind.

However, my suspicions of Cabot are actually based on how he hasn't really been front and center despite his high post count, because he hasn't really been being vocal about his opinions, moreso commenting, asking Nin for answers to role questions, and poking people for opinions, which seems like a good and cautious way for scum to seem town. Anyways I'll be combing through his posts in more depth when I get back home.

Kevyt

May I ask for huge, yuuuuge favor?

I saw Yenny and someone else in here helped another fellow gafia player make the background transparent. I was wondering if someone could help me make the background transparent for this one:

LzWM0zd.jpg

In preparation of Gods. :D

Thank you!! \o/

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

If you doubt the veracity of my stated enjoyment of Splatoon, I would be more than happy to link you to my fan-art in that thread, to prove my true love for the product and that my "insult" was merely a joke at my own expense

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

Kawl_USC

You seem like you're saying that your strategy is to not contribute on D1, which makes it seem like you're content to just let scum, who already know who's scum, do the talking.

Also, I understand if you're busy, but it seems like you're just shutting down people's ideas, like Palmer's reaction to your read list and Batsnacks's analysis of your voting logic.
Eh sure, other people do essentially the same and get a free pass, don't see why I shouldn't as well.

And that's just me having the piss with Palmer, I actually appreciate him putting forth the effort in that post. I'm being dismissive of bats analysis because I know it's wrong, but I can't remember if we have hit the part of the day where being defensive is a scum tell or a sign of town fighting for his life, so I'll just keep being snarky instead.

Kawl_USC

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

If you doubt the veracity of my stated enjoyment of Splatoon, I would be more than happy to link you to my fan-art in that thread, to prove my true love for the product and that my "insult" was merely a joke at my own expense

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

But what could he mean by this? Is the role claim inside the artwork?

This chat is getting seriously derailed.

If Blarg isn't going to meaningfully scum hunt and we just ignore him and focus our attention on actual shit that matters? Like scum hunting?

Batsnacks: If you think Kawl is scum because you think Scrafty is scum, doesn't it make more sense to vote for Scrafty?

Palmer_v1

On a serious note, this day seems very inactive. I'm very worried that it's a werewolf situation with multiple scum slipping by on zero contributions. We need everyone to contribute and scum hunt. Don't just blindly latch on to a bandwagon here.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

Do you still think bronx man is a tanner? Do you think Kawl is scum?

What's your opinion on Stanley? Who's going under the radar?

I don't think Bronx-Man is a Tanner, just that he's acting like one. He's generally unhelpful and while he's not dragging town down, he's definitely not being an asset.

Kawl is look more and more scummy to me, but I dislike that he already has five votes when majority is 9. I think that anyone else who jumps on that train at this moment in time should look even more suspicious.

Stanley is posting even less then I, which is saying something. In my experience that probably has more to do with RL circumstances then him being scum, but that doesn't rule him out by a long shot.

As for under the radar, I saw someone suggest Matt Attack and Ultron and I'd definitely agree with that. They've not really contributed anything memorable, are just a kinda there, and in the case of Ultron, seems to get passed over for no reason other than... Because. I'm not nessisarily accusing them, but I definitely think we need to re-evaluate them a bit more.

cabot

I see Ultron as normal, that's why I don't go after him. He's not super active, but when he posts I find them worthwhile.

Matt Attack has lessened but yesterday he was a town lean read, because he seemed to formulate his own opinion on issues at hand, his opinions didn't feel like harmless ones that most other people had.

Specifically I refer to his feelings on testing batsnacks voting power, it was against the majority rule. He hasn't been good enough today though and needs to step up.

VOTE: Matt Attack

Kawl_USC

I don't think Bronx-Man is a Tanner, just that he's acting like one. He's generally unhelpful and while he's not dragging town down, he's definitely not being an asset.

Kawl is look more and more scummy to me, but I dislike that he already has five votes when majority is 9. I think that anyone else who jumps on that train at this moment in time should look even more suspicious.

Stanley is posting even less then I, which is saying something. In my experience that probably has more to do with RL circumstances then him being scum, but that doesn't rule him out by a long shot.

As for under the radar, I saw someone suggest Matt Attack and Ultron and I'd definitely agree with that. They've not really contributed anything memorable, are just a kinda there, and in the case of Ultron, seems to get passed over for no reason other than... Because. I'm not nessisarily accusing them, but I definitely think we need to re-evaluate them a bit more.

Lol, at saying I'm scummy and then latching onto the people whose names I threw out....

squidyj

where was I?

blargie, try to avoid any virgoes or leos, with the ebola virus, you are the true lord of the dance no matter what those idiots at work say.

Scrafty, what's your win condition?

CornB..... CornB. After everything that happened you think you can softly suggest the specter of #xamxiety in response to my statements? It's like you know you can't go too hard on what I said but you really want to try to use it to cast some scum my way. But why tho?

Kawl, I see you're running away from your problems by engaging in Blarg's fluff. I'm sure that will be viewed as pro-town.

Kawl_USC

where was I?

blargie, try to avoid any virgoes or leos, with the ebola virus, you are the true lord of the dance no matter what those idiots at work say.

CornB..... CornB. After everything that happened you think you can softly suggest the specter of #xamxiety in response to my statements? It's like you know you can't go too hard on what I said but you really want to try to use it to cast some scum my way. But why tho?

Kawl, I see you're running away from your problems by engaging in Blarg's fluff. I'm sure that will be viewed as pro-town.
Nah just don't think the people who are wrong are the only ones who should have fun with my lynch, might as well have some self immolation style hi jinks.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Lol, at saying I'm scummy and then latching onto the people whose names I threw out....
Scum throw shade at their teammates all the time. As long as they don't actively contribute to getting them lynched they'll be fine. That's how scum see things.

batsnacks

This chat is getting seriously derailed.

If Blarg isn't going to meaningfully scum hunt and we just ignore him and focus our attention on actual shit that matters? Like scum hunting?

Batsnacks: If you think Kawl is scum because you think Scrafty is scum, doesn't it make more sense to vote for Scrafty?
That's not what I said. I pointed out that kawl voted magnum despite saying that he thought scrafty was mafia and never mentioning magnum once all day. Kawl is mafia because town kawl doesnt vote someone he never mentions over the person he thinks is mafia.

Kawl said in his day 2 mafia reads that he still thinks scrafty is mafia, which conveniently may or may not have been joke reads.

Nin can we get a vote count pls?

So I know I said I was going to read back through the thread but because of the density of noise and nonsense (which has clearly only just increased) it wasn't really getting me anywhere so fuck that

You are correct, I haven't said anything about Cabot yet, but it's because I'm still considering his behavior. Somehow, he seems a bit too safe to me as well. Most of his behavior has been poking inactives, asking them for their opinions, and yet has not been pushing any strong opinions of his own other than some reads. I also find it strange how he's so universally accepted as Town. If you go back and look, I teased my suspicions of him earlier by listing him as a likely person for Kalor to hide behind.

However, my suspicions of Cabot are actually based on how he hasn't really been front and center despite his high post count, because he hasn't really been being vocal about his opinions, moreso commenting, asking Nin for answers to role questions, and poking people for opinions, which seems like a good and cautious way for scum to seem town. Anyways I'll be combing through his posts in more depth when I get back home.

That all seems fair enough. One thing that I find weird, thinking about it, was that I remember him being one of the more vocal people about Scrafty's claim not being WWE. Now I'm not convinced of Scrafty myself
or anyone, I think you're all lying bastards
, but given what her supposed role actually is, I'm not sure they're someone town would want to get rid of so quickly - if she's telling the truth, then that's potentially less town night death which is A Good Thing. It just kind of seems like he'd just jumped on this "THAT'S NOT WWE SHE'S LYING" thing as a way to make sure she actually gets killed. Like he even mentioned that everyone who died was specifically WWE at the start of the day.

Just a thought.

On a separate note, Kawl...uhh, not sure what you're doing right now. It's weird. Give thoughts?

Kawl_USC

unfortunately you've not done much to help convince how unfortunately wrong they all are.

Meh, when a handful of people were already set to go with Squidys day 1 tunnel off of basically nothing yesterday, I'm not going to put in the effort to talk them down from that ledge.

where was I?

It was more a a joke than anything serious. That said, I will be really salty if you are neutral. But my actual opinion right now is that you are town.

squidyj

Meh, when a handful of people were already set to go with Squidys day 1 tunnel off of basically nothing yesterday, I'm not going to put in the effort to talk them down from that ledge.

I say 'fuck it', you say 'fuck it', we all say 'fuck it'
lets lynch Kawl.

cabot

Nin can we get a vote count pls?

So I know I said I was going to read back through the thread but because of the density of noise and nonsense (which has clearly only just increased) it wasn't really getting me anywhere so fuck that

That all seems fair enough. One thing that I find weird, thinking about it, was that I remember him being one of the more vocal people about Scrafty's claim not being WWE. Now I'm not convinced of Scrafty myself
or anyone, I think you're all lying bastards
, but given what her supposed role actually is, I'm not sure they're someone town would want to get rid of so quickly - if she's telling the truth, then that's potentially less town night death which is A Good Thing. It just kind of seems like he'd just jumped on this "THAT'S NOT WWE SHE'S LYING" thing as a way to make sure she actually gets killed. Like he even mentioned that everyone who died was specifically WWE at the start of the day.

Just a thought.

On a separate note, Kawl...uhh, not sure what you're doing right now. It's weird. Give thoughts?

She also inherently linked herself to a then still alive (and suspicious) Retro who saw her as sure Town (and vice versa) without a real reason, was being defensive and not offensive and claimed a WCW wrassler in a game named WWE Mafia.

Sure though, it was just the name thing alone.

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

death to LA DIABLA

I wouldn't mind lynching Scrafty today. It's also a prod because like Bear said, she's said nothing

I was ready to lynch Scrafty early on yesterday, I didnt move my vote because she was sure to give us the most information on her flip. I stand by my decision.

squidyj

Again I can lie and make up some reason I voted for magnum, but I've answered your question, it's just not one you like. So let's go a head and do this thing.

you should try to put up a defense because if you try to go "oh that squidyj he's such a jerk" all I have to do to point to shit like this as why you got lynched.

She also inherently linked herself to a then still alive (and suspicious) Retro who saw her as sure Town (and vice versa) without a real reason, was being defensive and not offensive and claimed a WCW wrassler in a game named WWE Mafia.

Sure though, it was just the name thing alone.

I was ready to lynch Scrafty early on yesterday, I didnt move my vote because she was sure to give us the most information on her flip. I stand by my decision.

Jeez, sarcasm. I never said it was just the name thing, cool your jets. Ok, fair enough, you had legitimate other reasons for wanting to lynch her, but like here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=199357714&postcount=1402 we've already had Ouro clarify that it's not necessarily WWE Mafia but could just be called Wrestling Mafia. Focusing on flavour like that is a bad idea, especially when it's a helpful town role.

It just struck me as weird, that's all.

Kawl_USC

you should try to put up a defense because if you try to go "oh that squidyj he's such a jerk" all I have to do to point to shit like this as why you got lynched.
I mean you are and worse, you are wrong. But it is what it is. I'm dead weight to town thus far in the game.

And there is no defense. I'm not going to go back and create a justification that didn't exist at the time for a vote. And I'll straight up admit to being hugely fluffy in day 1, I don't think that should ever be a scum tell.

So I'm conceding the two main points people are using to paint me as scum, it's a matter of perspective at that point. Any defense from me would be a dishonest one.

squidyj

What can I say I'm salty about nin giving this game a misleading name.

that said, all that means is that scrafty's claim is potentially a real role as opposed to a fake claim, but I lean towards it not being a fake claim and in fact her actual role, just, she's neutral.

Top Bottom