• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Mafia |OT| Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

SalvaPot

Taking into account squidjy claims he knows shit about WWE I want to think he is actually speaking the truth.

That and I WANT TO SEE BLOOD.

Bowlie

Banned
Hmm, got home, let me see-
great.

Got no issues with you, bats, it's not like you could hide that.
Squid... I mean, yeah? I don't see the benefit of throwing this info around, but maybe you'll use it today. Won't ask you why, I'd just receive an
9151%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20censored%20frowning%20fuck_you%20gif%20middle_finger%20shane_mcmahon%20wwf.gif

when's blarg?

squidyj

Can I get yall to remark on Kawl please? I was suspicious on the basis of his behavior and am convinced on the basis of his reactions now.

nukedeggs

Hey all, just got back home from work. Seems like a lot of stuff happened!

On batsnacks' double voting, it seems pretty legit to me. As far as I can tell, there was no reason to reveal D1 if he could hide it, since it's likely not so useful today and it'd only make him a target for scum.

Regarding squidy...there's definitely something weird going on. Claiming without using it on the same day feels like a deathwish. It feels like there's no reason for scum to not target him and prevent this usage, but I guess there's the possibility that scum might not target him because they think that protective roles will protect him or something like that.

Can I get yall to remark on Kawl please? I was suspicious on the basis of his behavior and am convinced on the basis of his reactions now.
Overall it seems like Kawl's posts are a bit more fluff-filled given how often he posts, but it's not so bad that I would be confident in thinking he's scum. He did contribute his opinions on Burb, neutrals, and the heel/face thing.

In regards to his reaction to your role reveal ('well this sure has been a fun turn of events.' or something like that), it did seem like a fluffy reaction post but I feel like Cabot's reaction ('I've had enough of this') was similarly fluffy. Personally I don't feel like I have enough information to make a confident read.

Can you point to anything specific? You also mentioned finding Scrafty weird. She's certainly different from how she was in PW but I chalk that up to going from confirmed town to a hidden alignment.

Why are you being so cryptic in general? I think you're almost being too weird to be scum, but this feels like some weird fucking gambit and I wouldn't describe it as pro town either.

squidyj

Overall it seems like Kawl's posts are a bit more fluff-filled given how often he posts, but it's not so bad that I would be confident in thinking he's scum. He did contribute his opinions on Burb, neutrals, and the heel/face thing.

In regards to his reaction to your role reveal ('well this sure has been a fun turn of events.' or something like that), it did seem like a fluffy reaction post but I feel like Cabot's reaction ('I've had enough of this') was similarly fluffy. Personally I don't feel like I have enough information to make a confident read.

I wouldn't go so far as to call what he's said an opinion. He's posted the bare minimum of idle speculation in terms of "maybe later some stuff will happen and then we'll know something guys". It's a series of painfully obvious 'observations' that fail to commit him to anything. I asked him point blank if he thought I was lying and he wouldn't respond to that, he responded to some other bullshit instead with even more fluff. When he posts game related fluff it's also very low energy, cabot demonstrated more emotional intensity in his fluff, doesn't mean cabot's town but capturing tone is harder when you're scum.

CB told me I was lying, he committed to a viewpoint on the events that were unfolding and made it known to everyone playing. Kawl hasn't said anything he could be held to, even when offered the chance. He's being evasive and fluffy and he needs to die.

Kawl_USC

I wouldn't go so far as to call what he's said an opinion. He's posted the bare minimum of idle speculation in terms of "maybe later some stuff will happen and then we'll know something guys". It's a series of painfully obvious 'observations' that fail to commit him to anything. I asked him point blank if he thought I was lying and he wouldn't respond to that, he responded to some other bullshit instead with even more fluff. When he posts game related fluff it's also very low energy, cabot demonstrated more emotional intensity in his fluff, doesn't mean cabot's town but capturing tone is harder when you're scum.

CB told me I was lying, he committed to a viewpoint on the events that were unfolding and made it known to everyone playing. Kawl hasn't said anything he could be held to, even when offered the chance. He's being evasive and fluffy and he needs to die.

If you aren't lying, you've made the assumption that you are likely to die tonight. Which I think is a dumb assumption give the roster we have in this game. So I can only assume that you are planning to use your shot today before day end, regardless of what you are saying. If you don't blow your load before the day is over, you are either stupid or lying. Neither of which does town much good.

Is that a hard enough stance for you?

Kawl_USC

And yea holy shit, I didn't decide to chime in with a full opinion on what I took as a joke claim. If it isn't a joke, its garbage. I was going to let it slip by. Double vote seems like its pretty clearly town. If it was scum it would probably be a one time, optional use for an unexpected hammer. Double still is a semi detriment to town given it doubles the power of being able to mislead one person versus a standard towns person.

Miller is miller and don't have much to say that I haven't already contributed.

I think jumping on people for using the common terms of heel and face is dumb and meaningless until something proves otherwise. I've also taken a very hard stance against meta gaming bull shit such as searching pms and comparing terms and word usage so take that for what you will.

squidyj

If you aren't lying, you've made the assumption that you are likely to die tonight. Which I think is a dumb assumption give the roster we have in this game. So I can only assume that you are planning to use your shot today before day end, regardless of what you are saying. If you don't blow your load before the day is over, you are either stupid or lying. Neither of which does town much good.

Is that a hard enough stance for you?

not really no, you've laid out a set of possible outcomes but you're still not really saying much of anything.

LA DIABLA underSTANDS squidy's gameplan. He's made a fake claim to get reactions, as anyone who's eager to vote out an unproven investigator MUST be a heel IN DISGUISE

LA DIABLA also however, believes his claim to be a PILE OF COCOA PEBBLES until proven otherwise. One question, squidy: if you could use your power right now, who would you target and why? Can you SMELL what LA DIABLA is cookin'?

squidyj

LA DIABLA underSTANDS squidy's gameplan. He's made a fake claim to get reactions, as anyone who's eager to vote out an unproven investigator MUST be a heel IN DISGUISE

LA DIABLA also however, believes his claim to be a PILE OF COCOA PEBBLES until proven otherwise. One question, squidy: if you could use your power right now, who would you target and why? Can you SMELL what LA DIABLA is cookin'?

Were you hit on the head as a child? Who talks about themself in the third person? honestly, who!? And yes, I can smell what you are cooking, and you need to pay better attention to it, because it is burning.

To answer your question though I wouldn't be able to make an investigative decision at this point. I am fairly convinced of Kawl's guilt so I would prefer to try him by lynching as I sadly posses but the one shot. There aren't any connections to him that I am seeing as yet that would allow me to unravel the game either. I would probably investigate a player I believed could run away with the game. I'm reading CB as town right now so while he is one such player it would be less likely to be him at this time. It might be you. I'm not so afraid of blarg.

squidyj

Why am I stating your conclusions for you? what is the purpose of this?

You think I'm lying about using my ability today, and if I'm not I should be a target for being lynched tomorrow.
Is that right? I'm kind of stupid.

nukedeggs

It's not explicitly stated one way or another so I assume that I can but I won't. I would rather be lynched.
Out of curiosity, why would you rather be lynched? If you're town and about to get lynched, wouldn't it be better to use the power and avoid a mislynch?

It's not explicitly stated one way or another so I assume that I can but I won't. I would rather be lynched.

That makes zero sense.

You know what? There's like way too much wrong with your claim and it's very clear you are lying.

Idk why I didn't place a vote for you earlier but there's legit 0 chance you're telling the truth here. Vote: squidyj

squidyj

Out of curiosity, why would you rather be lynched? If you're town and about to get lynched, wouldn't it be better to use the power and avoid a mislynch?

If I was in that sort of danger I would prefer to use my ability on someone else to demonstrate my truthiness. I don't want you people thinking that me checking myself is a possibility, it isn't, forget about it.

squidyj

That makes zero sense.

You know what? There's like way too much wrong with your claim and it's very clear you are lying.

Idk why I didn't place a vote for you earlier but there's legit 0 chance you're telling the truth here. Vote: squidyj

so you're saying I'm lying as scum. to do what exactly? What do I accomplish with this role claim?

nukedeggs

If I was in that sort of danger I would prefer to use my ability on someone else to demonstrate my truthiness. I don't want you people thinking that me checking myself is a possibility, it isn't, forget about it.
Wait, you can use it on a specific person? You said:

I'm Shane McMahon, I'm a one-shot day cop, I type a command in here and then our friendly moderator will respond again in the forum with a message that depends on whether or not the highest voted player is scum.

If you're about to get lynched, how can you use your ability on someone else? Unless you mean that you would convince people to temporarily change their votes to somebody else so as to investigate them?

so you're saying I'm lying as scum. to do what exactly? What do I accomplish with this role claim?

You've made some asinine claims. And you expect me to trust that it's some pro town gambit, because hey why would scum lie to town? Lol.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Or what you were trying to accomplish.

squidyj

Wait, you can use it on a specific person? You said:

If you're about to get lynched, how can you use your ability on someone else? Unless you mean that you would convince people to temporarily change their votes to somebody else so as to investigate them?

the point is that I would ask, with time remaining for people to adjust their votes, for everyone to make someone else the vote leader so i could check them.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Burbeting (2)
Palmer_v1 .118
Seath .176

StanleyPalmtree (1)
cabot .234

squidyj (1)
CornBurrito .333

Kawl_USC (1)
squidyj .262

cabot (1)
Kawl_USC .92
*Splinter .152 .192

Seath (1)
RobotNinjaHornets .226

No Lynch (1)
SalvaPot .221

Kalor (0)
RetroMG .210 .212

Bowlie (0)
cabot .165 .167

nukedeggs (0)
cabot .94 .165

ScraftyDevil (0)
squidyj .202 .262

Blargonaut (0)
SalvaPot .218 .221

batsnacks (0)
cabot .167 .217
RetroMG .212 .294
batsnacks .235 .257

RobotNinjaHornets (0)
cabot .217 .234

No active vote for Day 1:
*Splinter (has previously voted)
batsnacks (has previously voted)
Blargonaut
Bowlie
Burbeting
Kalor
MagnumBoy20xx
Matt Attack
nukedeggs
RetroMG (has previously voted)
ScraftyDevil
StanleyPalmtree
Terrabyte20xx
ultron87

Day 1 ends:
pin_1458928800.png

12 votes for majority

Kevyt

Were you hit on the head as a child? Who talks about themself in the third person? honestly, who!? And yes, I can smell what you are cooking, and you need to pay better attention to it, because it is burning.

That's just mean...

Vote: squidyj

Kevyt

Its been a while, we also played on Election.

Also the vote is there just for fun, here comes my REAL vote for the day.

Vote: No Lynch

Oh yes, I just did that.

fclnl.gif

Why? No lynch isn't helpful to town. I take it this is just a placeholder.

Kevyt

I realized I could have multi-quote but for some reason I could not while on mobile.

Sorry all! Though I'm not really sorry, it wasn't my fault.

SalvaPot

Why? No lynch isn't helpful to town. I take it this is just a placeholder.

I mean it, I think lynching on Day 1 is wasteful and silly in games like this, when there are PR's that would like to do their night commands without fear of outing themselves on the first day.

Day 1 almost always ends up with a Townie lynched, because there really is no info to go with. Prodding and throwing hints is fine, and pressure votes can be fun too, but I just dislike lynching without any info.

That say, I am inclined to vote for burbeting if it gets down to that, since a miller lynched is a miller destiny.

Kevyt

I mean it, I think lynching on Day 1 is wasteful and silly in games like this, when there are PR's that would like to do their night commands without fear of outing themselves on the first day.

Day 1 almost always ends up with a Townie lynched, because there really is no info to go with. Prodding and throwing hints is fine, and pressure votes can be fun too, but I just dislike lynching without any info.

That say, I am inclined to vote for burbeting if it gets down to that, since a miller lynched is a miller destiny.

I just think that the odds of burbeting being a miller again isn't that high.

He's also being "I don't give a fudge!" which is very anti-town.

Top Bottom