• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official 360 Thread - Gamertag Roundup

joeposh

Weekly GAF TF2 Roster (aka "We're all in your base, zappin' your sentriez")

Players
joeposh
KamikazePIPBoy
Hammer0982
ianswoody
halfemptyfilms
Decamus
SpudxBud
Akujin Alastor
RyoGCH
KLindblogger
(additional draft picks to be named later)

As always, we will kick things off around 10:30 eastern, this Thursday December 6th. If you want in, just post your gamer tag and I'll put you on the list. Please let me know if you can host. *winks at Besada*

jasonng

Unfortunately, I need to send my red ringed xbox in so I won't be able to make it this week. I probably need the break anyway, I still get scout rush nightmares.

count me in, Johnny boy. GT: halfemptyfilms.

I can host up to 12 lag-free, but I'm not sure I can get more on my little comcast cable connection. Any word on when the new maps are hitting?

joeposh

crisseattle said:
count me in, Johnny boy. GT: halfemptyfilms.

I can host up to 12 lag-free, but I'm not sure I can get more on my little comcast cable connection. Any word on when the new maps are hitting?

As soon as they perfect the "half engineer". That class will rule ALL :lol

Hammer

Woah... new maps? Half-engineer? Whats this?? Google's not cooperating, and I don't trust my gullibility. Source? o.0

joeposh

Hammer said:
Woah... new maps? Half-engineer? Whats this?? Google's not cooperating, and I don't trust my gullibility. Source? o.0

Hahaha, I've heard rumblings of new maps in the works. I'm not sure if it's anything more than wishful thinking on the part of the TF2 community, but it seems rather inevitable. The question is how long do we have to wait...

BUT the half engineer is a bit of an inside joke from a past round of matches. We had a kid on our squad who clearly had yet to experience puberty cracking us up the whole time. He ran around the map asking if he was "all engineer", and we never quite got over it.

I might play some Team Fortress 2 tonight now that I think about it. I just finished Assassin's Creed and have nothing to play until I get Mass Effect so...If you see me online or whatever feel free to join me. I might play Guitar Hero II or Bioshock on Hard as well.

joeposh

ToyMachine228 said:
I might play some Team Fortress 2 tonight now that I think about it. I just finished Assassin's Creed and have nothing to play until I get Mass Effect so...If you see me online or whatever feel free to join me. I might play Guitar Hero II or Bioshock on Hard as well.

I might end up on as well. Are you in for Thursday too?

Hammer

joeposh said:
Hahaha, I've heard rumblings of new maps in the works. I'm not sure if it's anything more than wishful thinking on the part of the TF2 community, but it seems rather inevitable. The question is how long do we have to wait...

BUT the half engineer is a bit of an inside joke from a past round of matches. We had a kid on our squad who clearly had yet to experience puberty cracking us up the whole time. He ran around the map asking if he was "all engineer", and we never quite got over it.

OOOHhh, I actually remember those matches; I was fortunate enough (or unfortunate from the sounds of it) to be on the other team.

And ToyMachine, the two posts above mine. :D

Once again, my gullibility > me.

joeposh said:
I might end up on as well. Are you in for Thursday too?

I can definitely try. It's crunch time in school right now so if I have work to do then I'll do that but I'll definitely try to get in on the TF2 loving on Thursday.

There was an interview a few weeks back with one of the Valve guys on Major Nelson's podcast... he confirmed that they are working on at least two new maps including a new game type in one of them.

Yeeeeahhhh!

crisseattle said:
There was an interview a few weeks back with one of the Valve guys on Major Nelson's podcast... he confirmed that they are working on at least two new maps including a new game type in one of them.

Really? That's good news. Hopefully when they roll them out the 360 netcode is all worked out. I still need like 275 more kills to the Hardcore achievement:lol

How many maps were there in the original Team Fortress? Any maps that were in it that are likely being remade for TF2?

joeposh

Everything should be up to date. Still looking for a host who can handle a full game... in the mean time, keep 'em coming.

You guys can count me in for tomorrow night. RyoGCH is my Tag, as always. I've been practicing today and yesterday:lol Had a 15-1 streak as a Scout at 2Fort last night:lol

joeposh

ToyMachine228 said:
You guys can count me in for tomorrow night. RyoGCH is my Tag, as always. I've been practicing today and yesterday:lol Had a 15-1 streak as a Scout at 2Fort last night:lol

So it's RyoGCH? Might want to get the original post updated cause they list it wrong. Look forward to setting you on fire soon!

joeposh

ianswoody said:
I might not be able to make it tonight. More details as the day progresses...

Hmm, hopefully you manage to come out.

For everyone else, get on the list. FinalsSchminals... everyone needs a weekly fragfest with their fellow Gaffers :D Let me know if you still want in.

I'll be online on Guitar Hero II. Just send me an invite when the TF2 game is up and I'll join. Looking forward to it. I'm 200 kills from Hardcore so stand still will you?:lol

Hammer

I'm in the middle of downloading a few files for an online class I decided to take, and will hop on shortly after. I *may* be a min or 2 late, but I'll be there!

Tonights game will be interesting after all the vicodin I was prescribed this morning.:D Just don't expect me to be at my best.:lol

joeposh

My 360 keeps freezing, requiring a hard reboot. I'm a tad concerned to say the least... so I think I might call it quits for tonight, in hopes of delaying my tree sitty's inevitable demise :(

Good playing with you guys tonight. Sorry I don't usually use a mic, it's because of my roommate. Feels awkward. Anyway, my highlight of the night was getting hit by the train on Well in Sudden Death:lol

TheCrow

ToyMachine228 said:
Good playing with you guys tonight. Sorry I don't usually use a mic, it's because of my roommate. Feels awkward. Anyway, my highlight of the night was getting hit by the train on Well in Sudden Death:lol

I remember seeing the same person getting hit by the train, not once, not twice, but three times:D. I had a lot of fun even though I was pretty much only playing as a scout.

Yeah, there were some pretty good games last night. That Well round was pretty epic. Back and forth and back and forth... [insert sex joke here]. Seeya next thursday, gents.

Hey Guys, since JoePosh red-ringed and Cornballer is still on vacation, I'll take over the duties this week. The games will start at 10:30 Eastern / 7:30 Pacific like usual. I'll host if no one else can, but again, I can only host 12 and it is finals week for me, so two or three games will likely be the max unless someone else can host.

Just lemme know if you're in or out.

December 14 NeoGaf TF2 Game

Halfemptyfilms
SpudXBud
KamikazePIPBoy
Akujin Alastor
Decamus
RyoGCH
viakado
KLingblogger
Hammer0982

We still on for tomorrow night guys? I think I need 175 more kills for Hardcore. Stand still when you see me! Been playing Mass Effect and now the Heroic Map Pack in Halo 3, but I'll definitely take the time to play TF2 with GAF tomorrow night.

We're still on for tonight, got 9 gaffers so far, would love to get the last 3 so we can at least do a 6 on 6. Alternately, if anyone drops out we could do an 8-on-8 (if someone else can host) and take on the world!!!

...bwahaha.

ianswoody

Plans cleared up for tonight, so I am now game as well. Sorry for my brief stay last week. Ended up having unexpected visitors during dinner! GT = ianswoody

December 14 NeoGaf TF2 Game

Halfemptyfilms
SpudXBud
KamikazePIPBoy
Akujin Alastor
Decamus
RyoGCH
viakado
KLingblogger
Hammer0982
ianswoody
king911