• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - Season 2 - Fridays on Cinemax (S3 trailer up, see post #937)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

jesus christ can't wait for friday :D

tumblr_mgqculRiNS1rmt3tbo1_400.gif

Here we are!!

UrbanRats

The best part about Banshee's fistfights is that everybody gets a good trashing with long lasting effects, none of those magical bruises that disappear after just one episode. Even the women get it rough.

Usually both TV shows and films resort to "girly fights" in which the female character only knows how to throw high/round kicks, yet barely gets something harsher than a huge slap, but that fight with Olek was some brutal shit. Carrie gave EVERYTHING to him and took a beating fit for a grown ass man in exchange. There's zero pussyfooting in Banshee and I commend the showrunners for it.

Also, I wouldn't be worried about the show getting toned down considering the showrunner's remarks about S2 being twice as brutal and how much everybody loves Banshee's wackiest characters.

Couldn't agree more, that was surprisingly refreshing fight.

Season premiere tonight:
Little Fish

Lucas and Carrie are interrogated by the FBI after their shoot-out with Rabbit, while Gordon must come to terms with his wife's betrayal and Deva's shoplifting. Meanwhile, Proctor tries to persuade Rebecca to return and a robbery turns into a dangerous high-speed chase.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Wait, when
had Rebecca gone away?

Probably after learning that she blew an innocent man to smitterness. It probably happened between seasons, since that wasn't a part of S1 as far as I recall. I can't imagine her going back to her Amish family considering she was expelled, but who knows.

UrbanRats

Probably after learning that she blew an innocent man to smitterness. It probably happened between seasons, since that wasn't a part of S1 as far as I recall. I can't imagine her going back to her Amish family considering she was expelled, but who knows.

I still don't have clear how much aware of her uncle's business she is, to be fair.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I still don't have clear how much aware of her uncle's business she is, to be fair.

She hangs around the local dives, bangs at random with Lucas, has found one of his uncle's guns and was made to blow up an entire building. I think she's smart enought to put two and two together and realize her uncle is filthy.

OH MY GOD

Not really spoilery, but still:
I read up to the paragraph where they describe Rebecca's part in this episode. I closed the tab as soon as I read the first sentence, but not before I rubbed my eyes out of shock/laughter.

This is going to be bananas.

I didn't read it, but after you said that, I feel like I'm going insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

UrbanRats

She hangs around the local dives, bangs at random with Lucas, has found one of his uncle's guns and was made to blow up an entire building. I think she's smart enought to put two and two together and realize his uncle is filthy.

I figured the same, but i also wondered if i didn't misjudge her due to prejudice.
After-all she isn't as street-smart and as confident as she tries to project.

Funny, I couldn't stop thinking about Daredevil during that part.

Good thing he's getting his own show!

This is all that comes to mind when I think of Daredevil...

HON267Z.jpg

I know it shouldn't as the character and the universe is actually pretty great, but it's hard to shake this idea of DD, especially with it being the only live action anything with the character...

This starts up in a half hour. Also, for those of you that aren't subscribers, note that Cinemax and HBO are doing a free preview on a bunch of different carriers this weekend.

Ekdrm2d1

The fck...

Tell me the #BANSHEE hash tag will be removed within a few minutes. I don't want that on my screen! This is a premium movie channel.. Shouldn't have commercials or hashtags..

Back to the show

Edit: OK, that was the intro. Hopefully it's taken off when the actual episode starts.

Edit 2: wow! It's still on! :thumbdown:

oneils

My listings for the movie network show that it is on at 11pm est here in my city (ottawa). Huh. Ill have to check it out.

Ekdrm2d1

This starts up in a half hour. Also, for those of you that aren't subscribers, note that Cinemax and HBO are doing a free preview on a bunch of different carriers this weekend.

Somebody on AVS Forum complained about the hashtag as well. They mentioned the free preview this weekend. I wonder if the hashtag is only due to the free preview weekend. Hopefully it goes away next week!

Turned off Banshee on Cinemax because of that #Banshee during the airing. I don't care if it's a free weekend, it just shows me they will devalue their service. If you pay for a premium channel, you shouldn't feel like you are watching a regular cable channel with that on screen crap.

Solid premiere. They went to great lengths to bring everyone up to speed/recap, so the pacing was a little slow because of that, but they got some good stuff set up for the season. I always enjoy Zeljko Ivanek chewing some scenery.

Ekdrm2d1

Solid premiere. They went to great lengths to bring everyone up to speed/recap, so the pacing was a little slow because of that, but they got some good stuff set up for the season. I always enjoy Zeljko Ivanek chewing some scenery.

Agreed. I also felt it was a little slow. Definitely featured most of the characters though.

If I may comment on a male's body.. Hood has too much chest hair. Chest hair is good, but not "that" much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom