• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big XBLA sale (Outland,Shank,Trial,Yars Revenge, Blade Kitten, Trouble Witches, more)

LQX said:
It ended today.
it ended on tuesday, it was full price at 2pm est on tuesday when i tried to buy it, still showed discounted price until late last night but it would not allow you to complete the transaction

Bought Outland and Trouble Witches right away.

Despite what most people have said, I really wanted to like Yar's Revenge. The fact that I can't change the X/Y axis of both the cursor and my ship independently killed me.

Star Raiders was just bland and felt awkward to play.

Moon Diver demo was meh, seems too basic. Not sure if I want it at 600. Blade Kitten feels the same, but at 400, a bit easier to down.

Not sure what to think of Wakfu yet.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Unregistered007 said:
anyone got a code for 100 MS points....

I am 100 points short of outland

If you have Bing rewards, you can actually get 100 MSP for 150 bing points now.

EDarkness

I'm interested in picking up Star Raiders. I loved that game when I was a kid on my Atari 800XL. How's the updated version compare to the original? I played the demo, but it doesn't last long enough to really get a grasp of the game.

Definitely picking up Outland.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Bought Outland and Trouble Witches right away.

Despite what most people have said, I really wanted to like Yar's Revenge. The fact that I can't change the X/Y axis of both the cursor and my ship independently killed me.

Star Raiders was just bland and felt awkward to play.

Moon Diver demo was meh, seems too basic. Not sure if I want it at 600. Blade Kitten feels the same, but at 400, a bit easier to down.

Not sure what to think of Wakfu yet.
Trouble Witches is good stuff, I bought that back in April. Love that game. THE absolute worst voice acting I have ever heard in a game though. Most of the VAs are passable, but the one they like to use the most for some reason (horrible accent and obviously reading) is ridiculous and I've never been a voice over snob, so that's saying a lot.

Edit: If you ocd about your achievments being even numbered, you better 200/200 that bitch.

Daigoro

dont suppose anyone knows what the deals on Friday are yet?

snack said:
Maybe now is the time that I finally buy Trials HD.

yeah dont break your neck rushing to buy the best game on XBLA or anything. take your time friend. mull this over for a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are the "Big Thrills" and "Big Pack" expansions for Trials HD worth 400 points each? I have 1480 points and the game + expansions would come to 1400.

Daigoro said:
dont suppose anyone knows what the deals on Friday are yet?
Nope, kinda annoying! They'd leaked by Tuesday last time

Dan Yo said:
Should the current deals still be up when the Friday deals go up?
Yeah

JaseC said:
Are the "Big Thrills" and "Big Pack" expansions for Trials HD worth 400 points each? I have 1480 points and the game + expansions would come to 1400.
More than worth it, but I'd make sure they're not on sale on Friday, first, since it's only a day away!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What's with all the hatred toward Blade Kitten? I like it, and I'm disappointed there won't be a sequel.

N4Us

Dark Octave said:
Trouble Witches is good stuff, I bought that back in April. Love that game. THE absolute worst voice acting I have ever heard in a game though. Most of the VAs are passable, but the one they like to use the most for some reason (horrible accent and obviously reading) is ridiculous and I've never been a voice over snob, so that's saying a lot.

Man, the purchase was worth it for that alone. I'm not picky about VAs either but it's the hardest I've laughed at bad voiceovers since Last Alert.

Half the time it sounds like it's being recorded through a muffled computer mic, which just makes it funnier.

Ledsen

Sinthetic said:
Shank freakin' rocks. Best 600 MS Points I've spent.

Really? Why? I watched some video reviews and they turned me off the game, the keywords were "repetitive", "button masher" and "control issues (lag)".

Sinthetic

Ledsen said:
Really? Why? I watched some video reviews and they turned me off the game, the keywords were "repetitive", "button masher" and "control issues (lag)".

It really is worth the 600 points, I find the visuals really beautiful, gameplay flows nicely and the upgrades come quickly... keeping the game from getting stuck in a rut. Not perfect by any means, but 4 hours for 600 points seems like a nice deal to me!

BTW, it is repetitive and a button masher, but the good far outweighs the bad.

Might and Magic is now mine!

I was wondering why the 1.4GB download took 2 seconds; didn't realise I already had the demo on my HDD, lol.

anyone have the full version of The islands of wakfu?

game looks gorgeous but the trial was kinda slow and the combat boring, does it get better?

galvatron

N4Us said:
Man, the purchase was worth it for that alone. I'm not picky about VAs either but it's the hardest I've laughed at bad voiceovers since Last Alert.

Half the time it sounds like it's being recorded through a muffled computer mic, which just makes it funnier.
I don't know about it even being laughable. .. I loved House of the Dead Pinball and Typing of the Dead due to the hilariously bad voice work, but the bad acting and writing in Trouble Witches is just embarrassing. I seriously thought about turning off story mode and reading a book just to get some IQ points back (instead I just turned off the game for the night). Fun shooter, but why insist on a story mode when it is that bad?

Meier said:
Kinda wanna get Might and Magic but I think I'll wait for the inevitable Steam sale.
Ditto

jackdoe

Haha. I agree with those that are a little bit short on points. I hate it when I'm short for something like this. Ten points away from 400 is freaking ridiculous.

Dark Octave said:
Edit: If you ocd about your achievments being even numbered, you better 200/200 that bitch.
I don't, and I love it when devs goes nuts just to mess with people with these oddball scores.

AlphaTwo00 said:
I don't, and I love it when devs goes nuts just to mess with people with these oddball scores.
I genuinely think stuff like that harms sales. Maybe it's not to any noticeable degree, but there will absolutely be people that passed on Trouble Witches because of its odd achievements.

That in mind, it seems like an odd thing for a dev to do.

EDIT: Grammarz.

Ledsen

Sinthetic said:
It really is worth the 600 points, I find the visuals really beautiful, gameplay flows nicely and the upgrades come quickly... keeping the game from getting stuck in a rut. Not perfect by any means, but 4 hours for 600 points seems like a nice deal to me!

BTW, it is repetitive and a button masher, but the good far outweighs the bad.

Hm, might be a buy then. Love how the game looks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yuripaw said:
Is Monday Night Combat worth getting? I heard it has really bad netcode on the xbox 360.

There were ocassionally some odd glitches, and some people could "hack" for odd upgrades, but no, nothing wrong with it's underlying code. I don't even really LIKE most MP shooter-style games, but I adored MNC.

Being able to play with 2 accounts off 1 console for splitscreen multiplayer online was great, and we REALLY enjoyed the game.

El Sloth

Banned
Hmmm, Shank is a pretty looking game, but I'm seeing talk of it being repetitive?

Outland seems like the more fun action platformer.

eek5

Yuripaw said:
I must have missed something, but what makes people think there will be some kind of sale tomorrow?
this

fridaysale.png

Top Bottom