• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

cdyhybrid

I'll never understand why you can overturn the targeting ejection but not the penalty yards. It's either targeting or it's not.

Edit: Maybe you can overturn the penalty yards? Maybe the announcers are confused :jnc

Paches

I'll never understand why you can overturn the targeting ejection but not the penalty yards. It's either targeting or it's not.

Edit: Maybe you can overturn the penalty yards? Maybe the announcers are confused :jnc

I remember when they could eject players for targeting just a couple years ago and it would auto-suspend them for the next game and was completely unreviewable. I forget which of our LBs got hit with that, but it was complete bullshit.

If the personal foul is targeting, then you don't get the penalty yards if it's overturned. I think if you have like unnecessary roughness + targeting or something like that, the penalty yards are kept.

Yeah I think the announcers are wrong. A couple of years ago they still kept the penalty yardage after an overturned targeting call, but now they remove the penalty yards if there's no foul.

cdyhybrid

I remember when they could eject players for targeting just a couple years ago and it would auto-suspend them for the next game and was completely unreviewable. I forget which of our LBs got hit with that, but it was complete bullshit.

Think it was Azeem Victor in a game at USC or something. I think the ejection thing leading to a suspension is still in place but they can at least overturn the ejection now.

bachikarn

That's what happens when you play in the middle of nowhere!

Google says the capacity is just above 35K.

lol, wth? I thought there was a minimum capacity requirement to be in the FBS.

edit: hmm, guess there used to be, but even then the requirement was 30K. Figured it was more.

Excited to see my Cards play after a fairly boring and uneventful sports week here in Louisville. Been rather boring here locally, so even though we are playing a cupcake thrilled to be cheering my school on again, as I do every day with no shame ever.

Excited to see my Cards play after a fairly boring and uneventful week sports work here in Louisville. Been rather boring here locally, so even though we are playing a cupcake thrilled to be cheering my school on again, as I do every day with no shame ever.
Bless your heart.

cdyhybrid

Another injury for SC. Crazy.

:jnc the announcer "Would Sam Darnold want it any other way?"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to be taking a knee while up by 40 right now.

Top Bottom