• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

andycapps

Mike Leach, everyone.

"Really, today is Monday, but to me it's Tuesday," Leach says. "So Tuesday will be Wednesday and Wednesday will be Thursday. But then again, we'll probably do our Thursday night routine about like we normally would, so Thursday, really, is just kinda Thursday. And thinking back on Sunday, it was really more like Sunday and Monday combined. But today? Monday? This is definitely Tuesday."

PHUgT1n.gif

This is just classic Leach (when asked if this game was similar to being at Texas Tech for 6 years and finally beating Oklahoma)

"I think that we are really very shallow people," he says. "All we care about is winning the next game. The big picture isn't really our deal. When the Egyptians were building the pyramids or the Romans were building roads, or you had the westward push with the railroads, I don't think that the guys on the ground were spending a lot of time thinking, 'Hey, hundreds or thousands of years from now they will look back at the brick I have just laid down here and say that I changed the world!' No, that guy who broke his back and died right there on the spot, he was just doing work. The ones who survived, they just kept their heads down and focused on their task each day, and maybe one day they finished and looked up and went, 'Wow, will you look at what the hell we just did here?' If you aren't focused on what's right here in front of you, if you're daydreaming about what might be, you really aren't focused at all."

Leach, the absolute madman, is great.

Leach, the both feet-in Trump supporter... not so much.

Also, any good reason why Auburn is favored by 9 right now?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It just seems weird as fuck that one of the top 3 games of the weekend is randomly thrown on at 10:30 PM tonight vs being on tomorrow.

Is this even legal

ECU would actually be theoretically strong FBS opponent, and they beat the Hokies in 2008, 2014, and 2015. Not working out these past couple of years.

You know what, I'm going to have to cut them a little bit of slack on Old Dominion, too. They went 10-3 last year (7-1 in C-USA). Didn't realize they had moved up to FBS.

Delaware is FCS, though.

El_Chino

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...es-calls-last-two-seasons-best-last-20-years/

When Butch gets fired at the end of this season, he's going to complain that his success wasn't good enough for the unreasonable fans at Tennessee.

No, Butch. It's going to be because you wouldn't stop with your inane bullshit and your Trumpian comments to the press. How has nobody in that entire athletic department told the man to shut his mouth yet?
Glad Mac isn't that delusional.

Rvaan

Banned
How USC is only -5.0 I have no clue.

E Z $$$

Here's why:
1) PAC. 12. AFTER. DARK.
2) USC hasn't look Nat'l Champ great like we thought the might be.
3) Darnold has 7 INTs on the year. That's worrying.
4) Wazzu and Mike Leach at home are prone to wild shit.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
As I do the pick 'em I find myself wondering why Stanford is so heavily favored over Arizona State. Three score favorite seems overly heavy.

Oklahoma State is only a 10.5 point favorite in our game, and that's a game with a team that was top 6 a week ago versus one that didn't make a bowl game last season.

Quake1028

Still not sure how good Miami actually is.

It’s just been a fucked up season because of the hurricane. We were off campus for almost two full weeks.

I’ll take this win. Duke is good. On the road. Friday night which is odd. Had all the makings of an upset but I think overall we played well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It’s just been a fucked up season because of the hurricane. We were off campus for almost two full weeks.

I’ll take this win. Duke is good. On the road. Friday night which is odd. Had all the makings of an upset but I think overall we played well.

I hear ya. I'd take it and roll not worrying about if you're for real or not.

On the same token I'm not sure how real USC is either.

Like I know Bama is for real and I know Clemson's D is. Outside of that not sure.

Top Bottom