• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clint Eastwood praises Trump: "Just fucking get over it" (regarding racist comments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Eastwood has always been a huge asshole. Back in the 70's and 80's, he put pressure on execs to basically blacklist one of his ex's.

And that wasn't even the worst thing he did to Sondra Locke. The guy has always had a really uncomfortable life off the screen.

PopeReal

Just get over it already! ....

wait what about all the racist fuckwhits they are still around today???? How do we "get over it"??

is there a "Old Man yells at chair" version?

oldmanchair.jpg

dabig2

The problem is they still hold influence. Many people take 'respect your elders' as follow their lead. They vote and even control a huge chunk of our political system. It's hard to just "tolerate" it when its jammed down your throats and frames your politics.

Precisely. Younger generations use racist shits like this to validate their backwards nonsense. Alt-right types, who typically skew younger, will flock to this bullshit message and flaunt it everywhere in their ongoing crusade against 'PC culture'. That's why Clint and shithead racists like him need to be thoroughly repudiated at every turn instead of saying "lol yup, he's just your classic old racist person. Let it go".

Ridley327

lol why the hell is he looking straight at the camera

The movie was fucking dreadful.

I honestly was in disbelief the whole time about how amateur hour the whole film felt. I damn near lost my mind in the theater during the magic bullet scene and cutting away to the profile of both snipers like it was some kind of fighting game versus screen.

He's spot on about everything. Love the guy

He's not even close to being right. Back then, a black man couldn't talk back about getting insulted without getting their teeth kicked in. Back then, racist fucks could put a burning cross on a front lawn and nothing would happen. This isn't the old days anymore. We are leaving old bitter fucks like Clint behind and I'm glad we are. And as for you...well. I don't think I need to say anything. You said enough already.

Murkas

"Back in my day you could lynch a nigger and it you weren't called racist, now this pussy generation calls it racist!"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's disappointing.

Doesn't even try to learn new things, why people do what they do. He's certainly living in his own bubble.

DId anyone else read Double Down: Game Change 2012? From the same authors who wrote Game Change about the 2008 election (that became the HBO movie).

One of the best behind-the-scenes chapters was about the RNC in 2012 and how over the moon Romney and his camp were about Clint Eastwood wanting to speak. They thought they had scored the biggest celebrity endorsement one could possibly get (because they're all old white guys I guess, I can't remember the last time Clint Eastwood was relevant) and were just ecstatic waiting for the speech and the huge bump he'd give them. They tried to go over what Eastwood was going to speak about but he wouldn't go into it and they brushed it off like "Who cares! He's a legend! Clint Eastwood does what Clint Eastwood wants and who are we to try and tell him what to do?"

And then he went out and did the chair bit and everyone is sitting behind the scenes watching the Titanic sink, completely mortified at what is going on and the tweets and social media reaction happening in real-time. The chapter ends with Romney's campaign manager literally vomiting into a pail in the green room.

Fucking hell, that must have been terrible to live through.

But amazing to watch.

Toa TAK

Banned
lol why the hell is he looking straight at the camera

The movie was fucking dreadful.

I honestly was in disbelief the whole time about how amateur hour the whole film felt. I damn near lost my mind in the theater during the magic bullet scene and cutting away to the profile of both snipers like it was some kind of fighting game versus screen.

That's not even the worst thing about the movie:

This fucking salute.

Not surprising from Clunt Eastwood. His Dirty Harry films always seem to flirt with a slight fascistic tone. Only films of his I watch are his early Spaghetti Westerns and similar. Hard to say but maybe if it wasn't for Sergio Leone Eastwood would have remained a B tier actor.

vikki

Hey Clint, there are real people that those racist comments affect more than hurt feelings, it's more than "get over it."

My grandmother was older than you Clint, and she understood this.

Measley

Must have been awesome being a rich white male actor in the 50s and 60s. Everything was going along just fine until those "coloreds" started asking for equal rights and stuff....

The nerve of those people!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.

Clint Eastwood was born in 1930.

Somnid

You have to consider the weight of it though. "He might be racist but oh well" is how you talk about your drunk uncle, not the president of the United States.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why is it called "political correctness?" Why isn't it called respect or having some class or more bluntly: just not being an asshole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom