• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critics' first reactions to Avengers: Age of Ultron

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So critics screenings for Avengers: Age of Ultron are occurring in NYC and LA tonight and first reactions are trickling in to Twitter:

(thanks to dtrush for compiling reactions from the AoU thread)
Mike Sampson ‏@mjsamps

Avengers 2 is both an amazing sequel and a fantastic setup for the rest of the MCU. So nerdy in the best possible way.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 10m10 minutes ago

And out of all the AGE OF ULTRON chaos, somehow Hawkeye gets the best role in the movie. AND the best line of the movie, maybe the series.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 13m13 minutes ago

Just saw AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Soooooooo many characters and soooooo much going on, I can't believe it's coherent, let alone so fun.

More reactions are being compiled here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-early-buzz/

For some reason, I had this strange feeling that this movie was just gonna get bad reviews. Like, people would hate it. I don't know why, because I very much think I'll like it. I guess I was just being a pessimist, because I don't know where that notion comes from. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to any impressions that will assuage these concerns. Can't wait for it.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
After how positive the first impressions were for Godzilla 2014, I'll never trust them again.

Slayven

2U5Adxi.gif

cacildo

First reactions to Amazing Spiderman were also positive

But i do believe it will be great in fact it will be the only movie ill watch at a theater this year

rexor0717

For some reason, I had this strange feeling that this movie was just gonna get bad reviews. Like, people would hate it. I don't know why, because I very much think I'll like it. I guess I was just being a pessimist, because I don't know where that notion comes from. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to any impressions that will assuage these concerns. Can't wait for it.

I mean, the trailers have been kinda bad recently, so maybe it felt like they had nothing good to work with. I'm pretty sure it'll be a fun movie that makes a load of money. Thats all I really want from it.

I mean, the trailers have been kinda bad recently, so maybe it felt like they had nothing good to work with. I'm pretty sure it'll be a fun movie that makes a load of money. Thats all I really want from it.

I haven't even watched the other trailers. I've been trying to not spoil too much of the surprise. I think I'm just being a pessimist is all.

BearPawB

Banned
"@KetchumAtMovies 2m2 minutes ago
I swear, AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON is one big advertisement for CIVIL & INFINITY Wars. Whedon steps into @Jon_Favreau Iron Man 2 territory here"

"ugh"-same guy

Abounder

Banned
Soooooooo many characters and soooooo much going on, I can't believe it's coherent, let alone so fun.

Joss Whedon's magic in a nutshell. He did an outstanding job managing huge casts of Serenity and of course The Avengers.

rexor0717

"@KetchumAtMovies 2m2 minutes ago
I swear, AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON is one big advertisement for CIVIL & INFINITY Wars. Whedon steps into @Jon_Favreau Iron Man 2 territory here"

"ugh"-same guy

Huh, maybe this is actually what I've wanted all along.

BadAss2961

Nah... Marvel always reviews well. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom