• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Downtown Los Angeles Bar Crawl - March 16, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
I had a great time. Got a chance to talk with some members I hadn't met before. Can't remember which username went with which real name for everyone, but I'm pretty sure I spent some time talking to lunchtoast, phthisis, and polyh3dron, among others. Edit: and CFMOORE.

wondermega

sucks, did not know about this until just now, would have loved to go meet up (I live in Hollywood, right near Birds & UCBT - if any locals wanna get a drink around there sometime!) That's what I get for never looking at OT. Maybe next time!

Puddles

Banned
One GAF member lost a pool game with one of the most hilarious 8 ball scratches I've ever seen, but I can't remember who it was.

Looks like a fun time. Frogger is hard enough sober.

This Friday, I came across an interesting dessert at a bar in DC: chocolate-covered peanut butter cups wrapped in bacon, dipped in tempura batter and then deep fried. I already had far, far too much to eat and drink at that point, but I ordered it anyway. If I hadn't, I'm reasonably sure that H.Pro would have killed me telepathically.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
One GAF member lost a pool game with one of the most hilarious 8 ball scratches I've ever seen, but I can't remember who it was.

Ermac.

He was my teammate.

Did he blame the cast?

feelsbad.jpg

sucks, did not know about this until just now, would have loved to go meet up (I live in Hollywood, right near Birds & UCBT - if any locals wanna get a drink around there sometime!) That's what I get for never looking at OT. Maybe next time!

There'll be more. ^_^ Trying to pull the next one down south, though. Taking the buses up and finding rides back to Torrance is a major hurdle.

whatev as long as there's bar around and a pool table.

Ditto. I didn't play the other night, but I'd love to for the next meet up. Pool tables are key.

Looks like a fun time. Frogger is hard enough sober.

This Friday, I came across an interesting dessert at a bar in DC: chocolate-covered peanut butter cups wrapped in bacon, dipped in tempura batter and then deep fried. I already had far, far too much to eat and drink at that point, but I ordered it anyway. If I hadn't, I'm reasonably sure that H.Pro would have killed me telepathically.

pQ6YR.jpg

I'm always watching.

dojokun

Banned
I've never owned a car in my life. ^_^ And LA has been a truly awful experience in that regard. ;_;

And shaddup, jason. Just you wait 'til you come here...

Damn that's hardcore. Well if you organize a west side one I can drop you off. The caveat is my car might smell like Red Bull.

Damn that's hardcore. Well if you organize a west side one I can drop you off. The caveat is my car might smell like Red Bull.

I've always lived in cities that had great mass transit, so LA was a bit of a shocker. Ah, well. Anyway, much obliged. We'll cross that bridge when we figure out when/where the next one will be, though. Perhaps we'll shoot for the middle and have it in Hermosa (CFMOORE would be so delighted)? Or poll it? Regardless, beach + beer + pool = fun times.

CFMOORE!

I've always lived in cities that had great mass transit, so LA was a bit of a shocker. Ah, well. Anyway, much obliged. We'll cross that bridge when we figure out when/where the next one will be, though. Perhaps we'll shoot for the middle and have it in Hermosa (CFMOORE would be so delighted)? Or poll it? Regardless, beach + beer + pool = fun times.

HA! My heart isn't sold on hermosa, I tossed it as simply another beach city down here since we have so many! anywhere here in the south bay is fine by me! It is close to home and there are some cool places here. Plus, we need to go to the kettle!

dyls

I'm game for an afternoon beach hangout. Maybe Santa Monica and then drunken pier craziness. Southern beaches work too. Or we could find a secluded Malibu-area spot where we can freely drink and have a bonfire.

lunchtoast

I'm game for an afternoon beach hangout. Maybe Santa Monica and then drunken pier craziness. Southern beaches work too. Or we could find a secluded Malibu-area spot where we can freely drink and have a bonfire.

Wasn't there a guy in LA OT that was looking for a roommate for a place he had in Malibu? It's walking distance from the beach...

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Definitely should do something out here in the Santa Monica area.

Third Street Prom has Yankee Doodle for a sports bar and several others in the area to crawl among. Wine bar, food options, the pier, the beach, etc.

Seth C

That was. You know what would be even better? If someone failed at haggling with the cart vendor and almost got into a fight with some preppy.

Oh wait that did happen.

I'm not sure if it was haggling or just pure intentional drunken asshole. I think someone almost said not nice things to that girl.

CFMOORE!

This would be ideal if everyone chipped in a few bucks to buy some meat and then we go takeover a bar nearby later on after we watch the beautiful Californian sunset (screw you east coasters :D )

only the best most organic, grass fed and spoiled cows shall enter my gullet.

I'm not sure if it was haggling or just pure intentional drunken asshole. I think someone almost said not nice things to that girl.

It was probably a mix of both. Who wouldn't want to save 25 cents on some delicious street cooked meats? :D

Yeah, I think eventually she got tired of the drunken banter between us and got out before it could progress further. Poor girl, she just wanted some street meat in her mouth so she could leave.

RawPower

Banned
This would be ideal if everyone chipped in a few bucks to buy some meat and then we go takeover a bar nearby later on after we watch the beautiful Californian sunset (screw you east coasters :D )

Am I the only one that thinks this whole 'coast rivalry' thing is really stupid?

FStop7

Banned
I am getting ready to move into my new place in a few weeks and am considering inviting fellow LA-GAF over for a beach day/evening. It's over Point Dume, next to Zuma and has a great view. The only thing I'm uncertain of is how many people I can accommodate.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole 'coast rivalry' thing is really stupid?
you may also be the only one not to realize I said that in jest

The east/west thing is a friendly rivalry. Any rational person knows each offers its own unique experience that there is no way to replicate other places so one can't be better than the other

bluemax

Banned
Third Street Prom has Yankee Doodle for a sports bar and several others in the area to crawl among. Wine bar, food options, the pier, the beach, etc.

They close down Yankee Doodle at like 1 am :/

I actually ended up there on Friday night.

Its about 9 months away but the Santa Monica Santa Pub Crawl would be fun.

Iceman

I am getting ready to move into my new place in a few weeks and am considering inviting fellow LA-GAF over for a beach day/evening. It's over Point Dume, next to Zuma and has a great view. The only thing I'm uncertain of is how many people I can accommodate.

Are you kidding? I was out at Point Dume just yesterday? Which glorious house/apt is yours? Do you go to/work at Pepperdine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom