• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Voxatron Bundle [Now With Binding Of Isaac/Blocks That Matter/Gish]

Darryl

Banned
The last Frozen Synapse Bundle included the Frozenbyte bundle for free.

I don't see any reason to think that this one won't include the Frozen Synapse one, as well.

BlueMagic

Darryl said:

I don't see any reason to think that this one won't include the Frozen Synapse one, as well.

Only if you paid above the average, and it was included from the go.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If they are gonna have Issac and Blocks That Matter its weird they dont just have them upfront.

Darryl said:

Is that the same company? I can easily see them adding more games to it but it seems weird to add those games again.

HK-47 said:
If they are gonna have Issac and Blocks That Matter its weird they dont just have them upfront.

Because they get more advertising when they release them later.

thefil

Signed on. Good to see another Humble Bundle with a game I don't own. Paid slightly above average, but I'm a poor university student.

Silex

Really hope they'll include the frozen synapse bundle as well... Somehow I missed it.
Bought it anyway, it'll be worth it for Binding of Isaac alone.

Ugh this game is not fun.

Hopefully Blocks that Matter will be good.

I already have The Binding of Isaac. That game's a lot of fun. Better than Voxatron.

Gvaz

Banned
Wichu said:
Buy it for $0.01, then if you like it, pay more!
That's a penny I could use for laundry!!

tumblr_lnuf28dxiz1qhoqtptz.gif

Red

ashbash159 said:
Ugh this game is not fun.

Hopefully Blocks that Matter will be good.

I already have The Binding of Isaac. That game's a lot of fun. Better than Voxatron.
BTM is good. I'd say Isaac is head and shoulders above the pack though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wichu said:
Buy it for $0.01, then if you like it, pay more!
You're actually making the developer/HIB pay for the transaction if you buy it at that price, but okay.

ektoll

Gave them 3$, all as a Humble Bundle Tip, just to help them cover bandwith and to thank them for raising awareness about indie games. If they indeed add Isaac/BTM, I'll raise this tip.

I didn't know voxatron, curious to try it, the art style is really cool.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Bought. I've been watching the title waiting for an alpha release.
Also the supposed other games coming are something I haven't gotten to, so easily bought.

Stumpokapow said:
IIRC the first bundle's pre-release stuff had steam keys for when they eventually got released.
oh right, didn't remember that being available immediatly. also forgot natural selection 2, I even have a key for that, no idea where I got it from.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jump into the Voxatron alpha

NOPE.AVI.tiff.exe.dll.pbp.jpg.zip.rar.7z.com

Call me when you release a final retail version, dudes. And make sure you don't lose your source code for people that buy into this.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
TheSeks said:

Call me when you release a final retail version, dudes. And make sure you don't lose your source code for people that buy into this.

Yeah, bro. You dirty motherfuckers won't get my fucking penny until you put a god-damn full retail product into my fucking hands.

You filthy fucking animals.

dock

Good to see a few people paying properly for this :)

Generally with these bundles I opt to pay something real, or not at all and skip the game.

morningbus

balladofwindfishes said:
No Steam key?

It's an alpha. Valve doesn't typically let alpha software up on their store.

I imagine it will be talked about more when more games get added to the bundle and it'll be a similar situation as previous bundles where games were not out yet.

morningbus said:
It's an alpha. Valve doesn't typically let alpha software up on their store.

I imagine it will be talked about more when more games get added to the bundle and it'll be a similar situation as previous bundles where games were not out yet.
Ah alright.

I bought it anyway, incidentally giving more money than I have for any other Humble Bundle... which is weird considering I don't plan to actually play the game until it's fully released on Steam

morningbus

balladofwindfishes said:
Ah alright.

I bought it anyway, incidentally giving more money than I have for any other Humble Bundle... which is weird considering I don't plan to actually play the game until it's fully released on Steam

You should play it now. It's really interesting and in much more of a "completed" state than a lot of alpha software I've seen. You don't even have to install it. Just unzip the folder and go.

jediyoshi

TheSeks said:

Pretend it's retail already and any updates are post patch fixes. Done.

ampere

Hearing that it might include the Binding of Issac has me more interested... not to mention this Voxatron game looks neat.

Will probably buy, going to mull it over a bit

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Paid $7. I always try to exceed the average by a little. I gave it all to devs, minus a little for a humble tip. I do my charity giving separately from game buying, so I give all to devs to make sure they don't lose too much $$ supporting Humble Bundles.

louiedog

dock said:
Did you know you could play games outside of Steam? :p

(I hate this about PC gaming/gamers)

Yeah, but I'm too lazy for that. If only there was a way to add non-Steam games to my Steam library and launch them from there. Back to dreaming I guess...

Ashodin

morningbus said:
You should play it now. It's really interesting and in much more of a "completed" state than a lot of alpha software I've seen. You don't even have to install it. Just unzip the folder and go.
Unzip? What is that? Too much work man.

Just kidding.

Jasoco

Banned
And once again the average payment for Windows users is lower than both OS X and Linux. WTF, Windows users?

Also, Terry Cavanagh is currently #2 on the Top Contributers.

Glix

TheSeks said:

Sucks about your hangups game is SWEET!!! and CHEAP!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
So how long until we see a indie bundle subscription from one of these provides or a future one? The way these have been popping up is pretty crazy.

Top Bottom