• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Voxatron Bundle [Now With Binding Of Isaac/Blocks That Matter/Gish]

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Haunted said:
Binding of Isaac doesn't look all that great, to be honest. I don't blame him.
To be honest, I find the game rather mediocre. The game play isn't to bad, but I really dislike the Aesthetics. I think it is the kind of game if it had a different theme, I would enjoy it more.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kinda sucks that the bonus extras being added later on are already known, or some of them anyways. Part of the fun is being surprised! Ah well.

so how long before someone remakes the entire Zelda in the level editor of Voxatron?

I give it a month at the maximum, they may wait until the enemy editor to really do it serious though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Drkirby said:
To be honest, I find the game rather mediocre. The game play isn't to bad, but I really dislike the Aesthetics. I think it is the kind of game if it had a different theme, I would enjoy it more.
Same here. I'm so sensitive/particular in regard to aesthetics. If it's kind of ugly, like this, or gaudy, like Trine or League of Legends, it's hard for me to get past that.

mrklaw said:
if its not a twinstick shooter, how does the aiming work? And does this play ok on a mac trackpad? I'd like to dabble but it might be better suited to my gaming computer
you point with left stick to that direction. shoot with X. it's no. i'm sure you can use a mapping program if you want to use right stick. just map all directions to X ;P

jediyoshi

DMPrince said:
you point with left stick to that direction. shoot with X. it's no. i'm sure you can use a mapping program if you want to use right stick. just map all directions to X ;P
I'm using Xpadder and binding the right stick to the mouse movement but can't seem to also bind it with the mouse button for it to just auto fire when I aim it in a direction. Know of any program that can do that? Otherwise now I'm just aiming with the right stick and bound right bumper to fire.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dice said:
Same here. I'm so sensitive/particular in regard to aesthetics. If it's kind of ugly, like this, or gaudy, like Trine or League of Legends, it's hard for me to get past that.
League of Legends has a super functional art style. While it isn't "nice", it does a good job at communicating to the players what is going on in the game, and that is the entire point of the style. The game makes use of a lot of the same Design Philosophies Valve uses, and I think Riot did a pretty good job at it considering they were a start up at the time.

Binding of Issac though, its entire art style is more or less "Gross for the sake of Gross", and while some people may enjoy it, I just don't.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Drkirby said:
League of Legends has a super functional art style. While it isn't "nice", it does a good job at communicating to the players what is going on in the game, and that is the entire point of the style. The game makes use of a lot of the same Design Philosophies Valve uses, and I think Riot did a pretty good job at it considering they were a start up at the time.
Try to convince me a grade schooler didn't come up with the PvP.net interface or the in-game menus. You can't!

jediyoshi said:
I'm using Xpadder and binding the right stick to the mouse movement but can't seem to also bind it with the mouse button for it to just auto fire when I aim it in a direction.

Map your right stick to the numpad, like this...

fb903561763a91a622760853581fd5d6a77fd78a.png

Dice

Drkirby said:
Functional, but I can't take the saturation. It's like looking at a bowl of glowing M&Ms. For the first time with a game, I think someone needs to make a mod to add a pissfilter.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bought in hopes of a few Steam games being added down the road. I only donated $5, but I'm poor, and it's better than nothing.

Dice

Snuggler said:
Bought in hopes of a few Steam games being added down the road. I only donated $5, but I'm poor, and it's better than nothing.
I considered myself part of an extra charity they are helping. PGI - Poor Gamers International.

Platy

Waiting for my payment, more games or steam integration ....whatever comes first

Also ... i barely had time to play half of the other bundle's games .... let alone complete any !

dani_dc

I'll support it as usual, they should had probably made some more Lexaloffle games available from the start to create a bit more hype around it, I imagine it's easier to attract people and create buzz with more than just one game.

Platy said:
Waiting for my payment, more games or steam integration ....whatever comes first

Also ... i barely had time to play half of the other bundle's games .... let alone complete any !

Not sure if you missed it, but we do know more games are coming and even which ones they are (at least two of them anyway).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Platy said:

People actually play these games? I thought we were doing this just to pad our Steam libraries.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I feel like this game is actually pretty meh from what I've played, and the blog post makes it seem like it'll keep going in that direction. So much more potential here than than Robotron.

The editor will let people come up with much better ideas. Tile based twin stick shooter adventure with dungeons, platforming and block puzzles would be grand.

Platy

dani_dc said:

Not missed .. is that just .... right now my "money to gaming" was already used with the skyward sword preorder ... so i will wait when i get my next payment (november 7th if everything goes according to plan) ....

Because ... even knowing that there will be more games (and a soundtrack, wich is always cool), it is easier not to go "meh .. the money will come so soon, why not buy it now" when you look at the site and see "only one game that is not even finished" instead of "3 awesome games and a soundtrack and maybe a past bundle" =P

Snuggler said:
People actually play these games? I thought we were doing this just to pad our Steam libraries.

At least one per bundle i try to play a lot .... easier in the past, not so easier now (i barely exited the tutorial stages of nimbus ><)

Dragmire

I was waiting a while for this game, so seeing it as a Humble Bundle was surprising and awesome. It's great fun and I love the graphics and the way everything is destructable. Very satisfying and a perfect mesh of retro and new.

fresquito

So I bought this and have been having a good time until I've reached the platforms levels. Wow, controls need to be tweaked a lot. There's no clear reference of where you are when you're jumping and there's a lot of slippery controls here. Other than that, a pretty simple game with some awesome destruction. I wish there was an option to go totally full screen, even when it's really taxing on the CPU.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
UnluckyKate said:
Everyone will want to release Bundle at this rate if he continues to drop 2 or 3k per bundle
Well, he did it since the very first Humble Bundle.

RSP said:
Time for the Humble NeoGAF bundle!

I would like to provide a game of ours for that at no charge :)

We could sell the Hype Train, the Carnival of Stupid but our best seller would be our Girl-Age GAF dating sim.

RSP

UnluckyKate said:
We could sell the Hype Train, the Carnival of Stupid but our best seller would be our Girl-Age GAF dating sim.

Dudebro is so Alpha it could sell for $20.

Dudebro, the most Alpha game out there.

Drek

Just dropped $10 for a game I'll likely never play, but whatevs. Devs looked to have a cool idea and I'm always up for throwing money towards gaming charities.

Gaaraz

Nice EvilLore!

I just paid, only a small amount though - my justification is pretty pathetic, but I figured if I didn't pay a small amount I wouldn't have bought it at all.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
mrklaw said:
How playable is this keyboard only? i.e on a laptop with no mouse available?
If you don't have a numpad, the controls are pretty bad right now. Luckily though, the blog post on their website gives us hope for change very soon.

DSmalls84

I'm really not interested in any of the games except the Binding of Isaac in this bundle. Is it pretty much confirmed that it will be added? I would rather give the money to charity than just buy the game over Steam.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
charlequin said:
He gives $2000 to every HIB. He's always been the top leaderboard guy on all six of their offerings to date.
If I was notch I'd give 4 seperate donations of $2000, $1999, $1998 and $1997. Then I'd rule the leader boards with:

1. @notch
2. is
3. so
4. Awesome

Top Bottom