• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Voxatron Bundle [Now With Binding Of Isaac/Blocks That Matter/Gish]

The_Monk

Can somebody please please hook me with your kindness?

I gave all my Desura keys, and Trine yesterday and I still have all the Sanctum DLC's to give on the Steam thread.

Please? GAF Love? :)

Haunted

Bought.

Supported the developers.

This is in pretty good shape for an 0.1.3 Alpha, to be honest. Good stuff.

Haunted

Haha, game caught me off guard with the "build" powerup and enemies just powering through the columns I was using for cover.

Voxels, so good.

Gravijah said:
this is what is wrong with our industry.
Binding of Isaac doesn't look all that great, to be honest. I don't blame him.

Gravijah

Haunted said:
Binding of Isaac doesn't look all that great, to be honest. I don't blame him.

but who cares how it looks? you play it for the gameplay.

Gvaz said:
I tried the demo, it was like zelda or something with keyboard controls instead of mouse aiming. Nope.avi

it's a twinstick shooter x zelda layout x roguelike. plus, demos are horrible. you could play the full game for basically any price you wanted, which is way better than some demo.

I don't care for the "Flash look" either but I don't let it stop me from enjoying the games that have it. Though I can completely understand why it'd turn someone off to the point where they want nothing to do with it.

I'd get it, especially for the editor, but don't have the money on hand for this or various others to give it a proper go as I'm not gonna go the pocket change route.

Will purchase in better times ahead when it is $15 or whatever and hope the Alpha folks kick some serious ass with feedback to the good of all.

Jasoco

Banned
Oh, and aside from Terry Cavanagh (VVVVVV) being #2, David Marsh (Tiny Tower) is #1.

Currently that is. We'll see where the top list goes by the end of the next 2 weeks.

I love seeing Indie devs support other Indie devs.

Jasoco said:
Oh, and aside from Terry Cavanagh (VVVVVV) being #2, David Marsh (Tiny Tower) is #1.

Currently that is. We'll see where the top list goes by the end of the next 2 weeks.

I love seeing Indie devs support other Indie devs.

EviLore is at number 3

The_Monk

The_Monk said:
Can somebody please please hook me with your kindness?

I gave all my Desura keys, and Trine yesterday and I still have all the Sanctum DLC's to give on the Steam thread.

Please? GAF Love? :)

Anyone..?

PS: Jasoco what happened to your avatar? :O

fCACn.png

Rufus

Played arcade mode for a bit. Loving the style, everything looks like candy. Aside from some long-legged creature which spewed what looked like rainbow coloured puke at me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
next time put up a donation account so all of Neogaf can join to throw @notch from the throne1

awesome. Voxatron grabbed my interest the second it was revealed. Binding of Issac and Blocks that Matter are two of my most wanted indie games as well.

Smash88

Banned
Feep said:
Trailer was awful, but the game looked cool regardless. Threw in ten bucks. :D

For someone who gave everyone on GAF Sequence for free (BTW IT IS FUCKING AWESOME - This coming from a guy who never really liked rhyme/rpg games) - You are too kind.

Omikaru

Love these bundles. I always put about $5 in at first, and then top up my donation if they add more awesome games, or the offerings in the initial bundle are extra specially awesome.

plc268

Jasoco said:

Aha. I knew that name sounded familiar... he was part of the team that made Zero Gear on the PC (the kart racer) that really failed to gain any traction. Man, if only they patched that game and added it to the humble bundle...

Jasoco

Banned
MrNyarlathotep said:
EviLore is at number 3
EviLore is awesome. Wow. I didn't even notice that somehow. My eyes were drawn to the @ symbols telling me they were Twitter people. EviLore needs a more Twitter-y name. He's invisible to my eyes.
The_Monk said:
PS: Jasoco what happened to your avatar? :O
LTTP Zelda and Evil Community is all I have to say. It'll stay like this until I get tired of the two memes. (i.e. when they all start disappearing)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So if I get this now and games are added later, they'll show up on my download page, right?

dock

Lexaloffle is one of my heroes and one of the reasons I became indie. That's why I donated over $50 :) That, and I tried to do a funny number. :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
plc268 said:
Aha. I knew that name sounded familiar... he was part of the team that made Zero Gear on the PC (the kart racer) that really failed to gain any traction. Man, if only they patched that game and added it to the humble bundle...

I tried Zero Gear during their free weekend and i gotta say i thought it was not very good at all, i think there are better games that should on future bundles first. I think the devs have moved on to mobile gaming and are doing allright now.

Omikaru

Dice said:
So if I get this now and games are added later, they'll show up on my download page, right?
If past experience is anything to go by, yes. Though I'm not sure if you have to pay over the average bundle price to get the extra games or not. Maybe that's only after the extras are added, with all orders before that getting it by default.

plc268

Gexecuter said:
I tried Zero Gear during their free weekend and i gotta say i thought it was not very good at all, i think there are better games that should on future bundles first. I think the devs have moved on to mobile gaming and are doing allright now.

I agree that it wasn't good. The netcode sucked, but the game had some good ideas and was generally fun when it worked. It's too bad nimblebit abandoned it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DMPrince said:
Voxatron is really good. works well with the 360 Pad.

if its not a twinstick shooter, how does the aiming work? And does this play ok on a mac trackpad? I'd like to dabble but it might be better suited to my gaming computer

BiggNife

This game is neat but I wish I brought my wired 360 controller to my dorm. Controlling the shooting with the mouse is way too stiff.

Rufus

Yeah, the mouse shooting is kind of off and doesn't always react. It seems as though the invisible cursor goes off screen, if that makes any sense.

BiggNife

Joseph Merrick said:
the short campaign was pretty great.

played with wasd + numpad. very nice. mouse shooting seemed useless.

Didn't even think about using numpad, thanks. It's definitely more functional than using mouse aim.

Kinda hope mouse aiming gets fixed eventually, though.

Top Bottom