• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

completely expecting the worst so I wont be disappointed(that much)...arena 2, concert tour. Will also be somewhat disappointed IF persona 5 is actually announced and is not on ps4, i doubt i would buy it.

Calling it now.....Persona 5 is a direct sequel to Persona 3 and 4, hence the heavy use of characters from both in the stream...characters from Persona 3 and 4 have graduated highschool and have gone off to college...more studious characters from each will be in college, less studious characters will be scattered around different cities working as mechanics, or still at Junes, etc.
If there is a city traveling mechanic you would have to plan trips and weekends in different areas to meet up with different characters.

That seems the most likely direction to me as I can't see them throwing away the cast. Maybe some small cameos from earlier games as well just to please certain audiences.

Personally I'd be all for it.

Delio

Man, I love DA2. Best season.

Dont you mean...Tamers?

slashhangif_4rl.gif

Mognet

didn't they mention p5 would be "radically" different compared to p4 similar to the transition from p2 to p3 over year ago in a famitsu interview?

i wouldn't expect to see only technical changes in p5 if that's still the case.

In the same interview, Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes.

they also mentioned a "surprising collaboration" which we already know as smt x fire emblem by now

Steel

Banned
Whelp. I've a sinking feeling Gaf will be on fire tomorrow morning when I check this thread. No way I'm staying up till 6 am. Good night folks.

Calling it now.....Persona 5 is a direct sequel to Persona 3 and 4, hence the heavy use of characters from both in the stream...characters from Persona 3 and 4 have graduated highschool and have gone off to college...more studious characters from each will be in college, less studious characters will be scattered around different cities working as mechanics, or still at Junes, etc.
If there is a city traveling mechanic you would have to plan trips and weekends in different areas to meet up with different characters.

If they actually do try to continue the story of P3/4 characters, I'm officially calling it a copout.

They've got an amazingly creative team, so they should create a new set of characters with new stories, settings and themes.

I say this as a huge fan of the world they've built with P3 and 4.

Agreed, but now would be about the time they announce that the game that has been in Japanese arcades is coming to console... So I wouldn't be surprised if we get horribly disappointed.

But they wouldn't go through all this hype--over a MONTH'S worth!--just for that, would they?

Would they?

...would they?

Jawmuncher

I wish to awake to the best possible persona related news once the announcement hits.
If i'm lucky we'll get more than one announcement concerning persona games. ArcSys did a hell of a fine job with BB:CSE on vita so Persona 4 Arena on the vita would be a welcome addition.

That doesn't sound...too bad...

But still! Where is the sense of making new friends and getting to know people if you've spent hundreds of hours with these characters before? And the individual protagonists aren't gonna be characters, so they'd constantly have to account for their best friend/senpai/lover that isn't around anymore. It would just make for really messy storytelling.

If they actually do try to continue the story of P3/4 characters, I'm officially calling it a copout.

They've got an amazingly creative team, so they should create a new set of characters with new stories, settings and themes.

I say this as a huge fan of the world they've built with P3 and 4.

They could, but would the new characters be all that different? They already have a pretty diverse cast so inevitably I think most of it would be re-runs.

They could, but would the new characters be all that different? They already have a pretty diverse cast so inevitably I think most of it would be re-runs.

They are a million unique characters out there that Persona has not created yet.

Whether or not they actually work at making these characters or just fall back on tired anime tropes is a different story, however.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

They could actually depart from the school stuff, as they did in P2 EP. There's a whole world of people who aren't high school students out there. It wouldn't be the first time they've done it, and it would make for a FAR more interesting story.

They are a million unique characters out there that Persona has not created yet.

Whether or not they actually work at making these characters or just fall back on tired anime tropes is a different story, however.

True enough. Guess we'll soon know.

Or we'll see some more moves from the third P4A2 character. Either way.

Sakura

None of the Japanese guys on my PSN friendslist seem excited about this. Could it be just us westerners getting overexcited or something?

I'm sure there are more Japanese watching the stream than westerners. It's probably just diehard Persona fans that care though.

Goby

Banned
It would be a bold move if P5 killed off some P4 and 3 characters. That's the only way I'd want them to be in P5.

Especially Chie.

_woLf

I'm still thinking P5 is going to be a "sequel" that involves both P3 and P4 characters.

A bold prediction, I know.

fertygo

I'm still thinking P5 is going to be a "sequel" that involves both P3 and P4 characters.

A bold prediction, I know.

If anything showing all of these showing we're ready for new episode of persona and those character will not used again IMO

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If anything showing all of these showing we're ready for new episode of persona and those character will not used again IMO

Eh, the characters took off in a big way, esp. P4's (compared to P1/2, at least)

I agree that they'll probably not be the main cast, but I'd expect more than a cameo or two from P3->4.

Ugh, dunno if I want to stay up the 2.75 hours.

I'll be here

I wouldn't mind Persona 5 being a continuation with P4 and P3, as long as there are new characters to focus on, having the old ones come into the mix creates a sense of continuation in the larger sense.

Nexas

I expect that that the Investigation team and SEES will have similar roles to the P1 cast in P2. Mostly cameos. MAYBE one party member.

fertygo

Eh, the characters took off in a big way, esp. P4's (compared to P1/2, at least)

I agree that they'll probably not be the main cast, but I'd expect more than a cameo or two from P3->4.

Ugh, dunno if I want to stay up the 2.75 hours.

I'll be here

I dunno from the way its set up its does look like "departure" from the last two game, like P3 dd before.

I can only see probably Ken (lol( that have chance to come back, and Velvet room assistant.

So the link in the OP just tells me to upgrade to premium, I'm guessing it's "full" or whatever and I need to pay to watch it live? :\
Or will I be able to get in closer to the announcement?

Nexas

If anyone from P4 were to be a party member in P5, I'd expect it to be Naoto.

Agreed. She's one of the most popular characters and her role as a private detective makes it easy to insert her into any scenario.

It's a shame then that she is one of my least favorite characters.

Top Bottom