• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 06.04: "The Substitute" (dir. Cain; Belushi, Gossett Jr., Dawn Chong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radogol

woodchuck said:
you have to remember that Jack was traveling abroad. he probably took off the ring to score some australian pussy.

:lol

SpeedingUptoStop said:
CarltonCuse 4 minutes ago
In tomorrow night's episode you may see some things that you don't expect. Enjoy!

Sorry, but isn't it generally true that - if not spoiled - we always see things we don't expect? I sure didn't expect to see Kate getting rid of the handcuffs in a chop-shop.

On the other hand, as already noted in the thread, I'm sure Carlton's statement has a hidden meaning that will only become apparent after the episode airs.

Firestorm

Jibril said:
"Cause they could have gone the worse route and have no black people at all....then they'd be Smallville".
It's not our fault there's no Black people in Vancouver :(

Except for bish but he has a job.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i was supposed to wait until Friday to watch last weeks episode with my sister but i couldn't.

i think i'm supposed to wait until Wednesday night to watch this one. iunno if i can. :lol

Yaweee

CarltonCuse 4 minutes ago
In tomorrow night's episode you may see some things that you don't expect. Enjoy!

It's gotta be a pun! But I can't figure out what...

Last week's was "A number of things will be illuminated"

gdt

EW breaks down the Candidates:

CANDIDATE NAME: Locke
NUMBER: 4
MOST LIKELY: John Locke
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: He loved the Island, believed it was his destiny to be there, and can handle a diet of boar meat and palm frond water.
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Easily manipulated by anti-Island smoke monster and can be easily distracted with button pushing. If his father should pop up as a ghost, he might get flustered. Or crippled. Oh, and he's dead. —Jeff Jensen

CANDIDATE NAME: Reyes
NUMBER: 8
MOST LIKELY: Hugo ''Hurley'' Reyes
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: He's got faith plus driving skills, both capably expressed when he magically revived the dead Dharma bus in season 3. That ''I see dead people'' super power is pretty handy, too. And let's face it: the Island — with all its hydrogen bombs and smoke monster madness — is sorely in need of a leader able to deliver a humorous quip or two.
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: His sheer size might make it difficult for him to become adept at escaping Smokey's grasp. Also, might be averse to working with Numbers. —Kate Ward

CANDIDATE NAME: Ford
NUMBER: 15
MOST LIKELY: James ''Sawyer'' Ford
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: As a confidence man, Sawyer has an ability to swiftly take the measure of someone which would come in handy when judging a person's intentions with the Island. Plus, deep down, he's a real softie.
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: That softie is really deep down; usually, Sawyer just looks out for Sawyer, a trait Juliet's death only seems to have magnified. —Adam B. Vary

CANDIDATE NAME: Jarrah
NUMBER: 16
MOST LIKELY: Sayid Jarrah
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: Simply put, he's a badass who gets the job done, thanks to his military background and all-around MacGyverness. (Modify a hydrogen bomb right now? Done! What else you got?)
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Ever since he came back to life after being drowned in the Temple's magical-yet-malfunctioning spring, something's a little off about this dude. And his torture tactics couldn't have pleased the (seemingly) pacifistic Jacob. —Dan Snierson

jack-shepard_400.jpg

CANDIDATE NAME: Shephard
NUMBER: 23
COULD BE: Jack Shephard?
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: He's a natural born leader who can make hard decisions for good of the group. And he's a healer by profession, surely a plus in the eyes of touchy-feely Jacob.
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Ummm, he led the charge to blow up the Island? We're pretty sure that doesn't fall under the category of protecting it. —D.S.

CANDIDATE NAME: Shephard
NUMBER: 23
OR COULD BE: Christian Shephard?
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: He enjoys the Island so much, he came back from the dead just to wander around it. And to spend time with kids Jack and Claire.
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Might flake off if the kids leave. His preference for cloistered, shadowy locales (Jacob's cabin, the frozen donkey wheel cave) suggests discomfort with more outdoorsy aspects of the job. Also, he actually might be Smokey in disguise. P.S.: Boozer. —J.J.

CANDIDATE NAME: Kwon
NUMBER: 42
COULD BE: Jin Kwon?
WHY HE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: He's an expert fisherman, which means he can survive well during long stays in sequester at the Four Toed safehouse. He's had mobster goon training and is pretty kick-ass at martial arts, so he can fend off potential invaders/exploiters. He has great familiarity with the Island from his days as a Dharma security guard, and he's seen Smokey at his arm-ripping worst, so not easily Monster-spooked. Can swim. And if sperm count is an issue, no worries: Jin is now fully loaded!
WHY HE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Won't take the job unless wife and child are part of the deal. —J.J.

OR COULD BE: Sun?
WHY SHE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: She's an expert gardener, which means she, too, can survive and thrive during long stays in sequester at the jungle cabin. She can be ice-cold ruthless if need be and ain't afraid of Charles Widmore, so she can go toe-to-toe with him should Chuck show up with merc muscle and go Grenada on her. At the same time, she's proven capable of working well with Others — namely (and especially) Ben Linus. And she has great familiarity with both the main Island and Hydra Island from her many, many, many episodes searching for Jin.
WHY SHE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: Won't take the job unless husband and child are part of the deal. Also, not a dude, which might be a deal-breaker given chauvinist boys' club nature of Island power-playing. —J.J.

OR COULD BE: Ji-Yeon?
WHY SHE SHOULD BE THE NEXT JACOB: She was conceived on the Island, so she's most likely spiritually attuned to it. Her parents will be able to teach her their respective skills sets, turning her into, like, Super-Kwon! And it might be nice to have a young, idealistic female perspective guiding the Island for a change, don't you think?
WHY SHE SHOULDN'T BE THE NEXT JACOB: There's an immediate need for leadership, and at 3-years-whatever old, Ji-Yeon is simply too young. Also, she's been getting spoiled rotten by moneybag mobster couple Grandma and Grandpa Paik, so she's probably been corrupted by their worldly, materialistic values, if not turned into a tub of cookie-fattened kid lard because Grandma Paik is such an aces baker, thus rendering Jin-Sun spawn ill-equipped for jungle adventuring. Besides, she probably won't make a move without her future soul mate: Aaron. [Editor's note: Grandma Paik's alleged baking skills aren't canon.] —J.J.

CANDIDATE NAME: ??
NUMBER: ??
HEY JACOB, WHY DOESN'T KATE AUSTEN GET A NUMBER?
WHY JACOB SHOULD CONSIDER HER: She's scrappy, resourceful, an eagle-eyed tracker, and relentlessly pursues getting what she wants.
WHY HE PROBABLY LEFT HER OFF THE LIST: The wish (or command) that Jacob shared with Kate when she was just a girl: ''Be good, Katie.'' Yeah, she didn't so much live up to that, huh? —A.B.V.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yaweee said:
It's gotta be a pun! But I can't figure out what...

Last week's was "A number of things will be illuminated"

Yeah.

"Things we don't expect.."

Well, we expect answers....so No Answers tonight!

wait...

jacksmack.gif

Nameless

I'm actually looking forward to seeing just what "Feral Claire" is all about. Oddly enough she turns me on now more than she ever has before. :lol The reunion at the Temple should make for some great scenes. Is Sayid Jarrah going to have to choke a bitch(Illana)? The inevitable Richard and Dogen conversation should provide teh answers1111 for all of you watching for the wrong reasons, and everything with Ben in the temple(where he was healed of course) should be awesome.

Which leads me to this. Who's the leader? It's supposed to be The BOSS but he's still napping.Richard? I don't think Dogen ever leaves the temple. How amazing wold it be if Ben got his spot back? Ben with full resources of the Others, running shit again, is the only one capable of out smarting MIB.

hyped to the max.

Calcaneus

I'll expect a Richard and Dogen conversation that provides straight answers after I take my bubble bath with Evangeline Lilly and Maggie Grace.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Did we tally up the posts?

I may watch tonight. Roommate wants to watch womens' figure skating. I don't know if it will be on at the same time. If it is, does abc stream it off their site live or something?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Talking with a friend who's in the middle of watching Lost. In a week of watching, he's made it up to S.3, "one of Us"

Thoughts:

"it's weird how they just did a whole episode on the van and it's just never brought up again. Weird stuff." :lol

"I think the Dharma initiative is some sort of weird cult, with the brainwashing of Karl and following this Jacob guy and whatnot. Am I right?"

""the smoke monster is the definitive mystery of the island from the first episode, no one knows what it is!"

"I love how you go like, 20 episodes without knowing why Ben was out of the book club."

"I hope Sayid kills Ben, they haven't seen eachother much since the hatch." lol, if he only knew of their relationship :lol :lol

"I thought it would be cool if they brought Boone back. i know he's dead, but they bring back dead people on this island, I want Boone back!"

"I'm waiting for Jin to learn some English and kick some fucking ass!"

"I wonder how that Karl,Alex,Rousseau thing is gonna play out. I think Karl is gonna killed. I think alex is gonna live, because she seems pretty important. But that may also be why she might die!"

th3dude

SpeedingUptoStop said:
"I'm waiting for Jin to learn some English and kick some fucking ass!"

All awesome points, but this is my favorite!

I cannot describe how anxious I am for Jin and Sun to be reunited and for her to hear his English.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
"I love how you go like, 20 episodes without knowing why Ben was out of the book club."
lol, I like this guy.

These updates are fun. He's about to reach an epic batch of episodes.

SpeedingUptoStop

Catalix said:
lol, I like this guy.

These updates are fun. He's about to reach an epic batch of episodes.
lol I was talking to him at 2 am last night and he was just finishing Expose and i'm like "Man, you gotta get up for school tomorrow, I dunno if you wanna start this shit quite yet, you're about to head into the most epic arc/batch of episodes in the show's history." dude was like "Well shit man, I gotta watch it now!" :lol

Catalix

SpeedingUptoStop said:
lol I was talking to him at 2 am last night and he was just finishing Expose and i'm like "Man, you gotta get up for school tomorrow, I dunno if you wanna start this shit quite yet, you're about to head into the most epic arc/batch of episodes in the show's history." dude was like "Well shit man, I gotta watch it now!" :lol
Brick after brick will be shat. I fear for his bowels :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Calcaneus said:
I'll expect a Richard and Dogen conversation that provides straight answers after I take my bubble bath with Evangeline Lilly and Maggie Grace.

:lol :lol :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

Catalix said:
Brick after brick will be shat. I fear for his bowels :(
he was like "I think i know what's gonna happen in the season 3 finale. I don't wanna know, but I think I know..."
and I was like, aw naw, I hope he doesn't know about the flashforward.
and then he was like "Charlie is gonna die, isn't he?" and I was like, phew, that was obvious.

Solo

An idea for Ben for the future threads: it would be nice to have an index of the previous LOST threads in the OP of each of these threads. Old threads are great for LOLz.

th3dude

Solo said:
An idea for Ben for the future threads: it would be nice to have an index of the previous LOST threads in the OP of each of these threads. Old threads are great for LOLz.

I second this.

gdt

Solo said:

I'll add that to the new thread right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom