• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 06.04: "The Substitute" (dir. Cain; Belushi, Gossett Jr., Dawn Chong)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Roi said:
I started watching LOST (season1) in mid January and now I've finally catch up. It's weird that I'll have to wait now and can't keep watching when I want to.

There one thing I don't understand now that I finally can read GAF's LOST topics, what's up with the Kate hate here?!
It's not about her. It's just that the writers have chosen to make her a scapegoat for their love triangle shit. Her character is alright. They haven't fleshed her out enough to have episodes be centric to her.

gdt

PhoenixDark said:
Episode was great. Too bad the next episode gets back to the utterly uninteresting stalling at the temple.

This is a Jack episode, written by Lindelcuse. There'll be no stalling.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
big ander said:
claire_and_present_danger_avatar.jpg
Holy shit, I just barely noticed this one! :lol

Also think I saw "GCC" and "Dunder Mifflin." Pretty damn cool.

JGS

Banned
Jibril said:
It's not about her. It's just that the writers have chosen to make her a scapegoat for their love triangle shit. Her character is alright. They haven't fleshed her out enough to have episodes be centric to her.

I love the triangle. It's why I like Kate. It's funny because to me the love quadrangle (OK, really it was just a triangle) is more complex than anything a true drama could muster up.

Kate is only attracted to Sawyer because she feels she needs to be. They are kindred spirits, bad guys with a heart of...err silver. This is why she sleeps with him in the cages but has a hard time doing it the second time at the barracks. She never has been in love with Sawyer, something neither her nor Sawyer understood until Juliet came on the scene. Nope, her eyes were on....

Jack. She was immeditately attracted to him and generally followed him despite keeping her independent streak. She would have married him and jack was the one that ruined it. Jack is the kind of guy she has always been attracted to as brought out in those flashbacks and also in regards to her relationship with the good guy step dad as opposed to the bad guy real dad.

Sawyer wants a woman like Kate (Juliet was very similar), Kate does not want a guy like Sawyer. And of course, I could be completely wrong about all of it:lol ...which is what keeps it interesting for me.

That's the thing. Even when they are writing scens that others obviously hate, the storyline is still better than most anything on a typical drama. If you don't like it, then there is the island mystery stuff to fall back on.

Veidt

JGS said:
That's the thing. Even when they are writing scens that others obviously hate, the storyline is still better than most anything on a typical drama. If you don't like it, then there is the island mystery stuff to fall back on.

Agreed.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
gdt5016 said:
The more I think about Locke X hitting the Island...the farer out and stupider it sounds :/.

I don't think Locke is returning.
Indeed. He leads a fulfilling life now in X world. he has love now. I wouldn't want to see him return.

However...

Jibril said:
I still say Locke returns to slay the smokey beast and crucify the judas Ben.
Now that we know that Smokey is trapped in Locke's body, I feel like locke will somehow destroy Smokey from the inside and become the Smoke monster himself, which will be a glorious day.

Veidt

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Indeed. He leads a fulfilling life now in X world. he has love now. I wouldn't want to see him return.

However...

Now that we know that Smokey is trapped in Locke's body, I feel like locke will somehow destroy Smokey from the inside and become the Smoke monster himself, which will be a glorious day.

Locke = Neo?

Leo?
Leonardo Dicaprio?
Will the island have been DiCaprio's big head ALL ALONG?

LOST.

But yea, Locke returning to fuck some shit up is a given

Thermite

killer_clank said:

IT'S ACTUALLY HERE!?

291madv.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Jibril said:
Locke = Neo?

Leo?
Leonardo Dicaprio?
Will the island have been DiCaprio's big head ALL ALONG?

LOST.

But yea, Locke returning to fuck some shit up is a given

"He's beginning to believe."

tumblr_kvfv48WXYB1qzulrs.jpg

Zeliard

Solo said:
I am very disappointed in all of you, LOST-GAF, for posting 1000 times more in the fucking Kate thread than in this one.

What Kate Does was an unforgivable waste of time when the series is drawing to a close, and attracted a great deal of hate due to that. It may the worst Lost episode ever due specifically to that. There are several single episodes that are worse, a few even far worse, but none has wasted so much time when there's been so little time to waste.

That episode is getting and will get worse exponentially, as time goes on. It's sandwiched in between two fantastic episodes, so that just makes it stand out as that much shittier. And the ones coming down the pipeline look hugely promising. By the time the season ends, Kate's episode may be its only real blemish.

I'll also note that I have never at all hated Kate (or any major character on Lost for that matter). But boy do I hate her episode this season.

big ander

Catalix said:
Holy shit, I just barely noticed this one! :lol

Also think I saw "GCC" and "Dunder Mifflin." Pretty damn cool.
Hah, thanks. I think the Claire and Present Danger one is my favorite of the bunch. PhoncipleBone put them together, and did an awesome
job.

Nameless said:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimiyo/t-shirts/4505961-1-what-would-john-locke-do

not sure how reputable or reliable that site is, fyi. I was under the impression the shirt was exclusive to Teefury.. *shrug*
RedBubble is reliable. I got a shirt I liked from them a year or two ago (Batmobile getting a parking ticket :p).

The podcast has really gotten my hopes up for Claire. I'm pretty indifferent to her, but DamCar sounded like they really liked where her story is headed. I can't wait.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
CarltonCuse 4 minutes ago
In tomorrow night's episode you may see some things that you don't expect. Enjoy!
Lighthouse, baby. I'm sensing instant classic.

big ander said:
Hah, thanks. I think the Claire and Present Danger one is my favorite of the bunch. PhoncipleBone put them together, and did an awesome
job.
Definitely my fav as well
154vi3q.jpg

I think I want that shirt
and what's inside of it.

That reminds me. I wonder if Jack's wife will show up in the X timeline. They might even still be married.

Thermite

SpeedingUptoStop said:
In tomorrow night's episode you may see some things that you don't expect. Enjoy!

OH SHI-! Cannot freaking wait!

Catalix said:
and what's inside of it.

I'm with you. On both accounts.

Edit: Uh-oh, Carlton just took down that twitter post! What the hell...revealing too much? :lol

oatmeal

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:

If we're going off of Damon's comment last week "a number of things will be illuminated"...we can begin to pick apart his statement.

I think "see" is the main word we need to think about. Seeing...Lighthouse...

I don't know.

Blader

oatmeal said:
If we're going off of Damon's comment last week "a number of things will be illuminated"...we can begin to pick apart his statement.

I think "see" is the main word we need to think about. Seeing...Lighthouse...

I don't know.

See...sea...ocean...boat...lighthouse!!

oh wait

Catalix

Blader5489 said:
See...sea...ocean...boat...lighthouse!!

oh wait
:lol

neoism

Catalix said:
Lighthouse, baby. I'm sensing instant classic.

Definitely my fav as well
154vi3q.jpg

and what's inside of it.

That reminds me. I wonder if Jack's wife will show up in the X timeline. They might even still be married.
It's Jack so probably not.. :p He wasn't wearing a ring on the plane, in LA X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom