• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parks and Recreation S5 |OT| The Low-Cal Calzone Zone: Now Hiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it standard operating procedure for a SO to get mad when they get introduced as a "friend"? Kinda weird. Eh, probably a political legitimacy thing.

big ander

Well that was a great return. It did a lot with setting up the dynamics for the season to come (mainly Ben and Leslie trying to deal with being apart while Leslie tries to make her win worth something, but also Ron having to actually do some stuff in the department with Leslie and April gone) but it didn't spend too much time doing that to preclude hilarity. Andy might never get old. When you build an adult kid that well, you're allowed to spend seasons just having him being silly. Because it's hilarious. Leslie was good too, between Hot Rebecca and loving Ben's butt a lot. Glad they broke off the Ann and Tom part right away. The bbq stuff had a nice handful of jokes, some of Ron's seemed a little ridiculous meme-y though. Whatever, telling kids to drink watered down beer is funny.

I wasn't down on season 4 like some of you. Yet I'm looking for season 5 to trend up a bit. What with it being maybe the last season and with some new funny writers (like Megan Amram), I want the show to go out (?) with a bang.

Grinchy

Banned
When Ron was asked if there'd at least be corn, and he stared intently for a moment before saying "...no" I almost died.

This show is great. I really hope it doesn't get canceled if the people making it actually want to keep making it (unlike The Office).

Zoe

Isn't it standard operating procedure for a SO to get mad when they get introduced as a "friend"? Kinda weird. Eh, probably a political legitimacy thing.

I'm pretty sure that's it. "Girlfriend" sounds kind of immature in that setting.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The "amalgam" conversation was hilarious, as was Ron's objection to vegetables.

I need a gif of the scene where Ron is asked about the corn and just says, "NO."

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SHIT ITS BACK?!

so awesome I hadn't been checking. I love it when this happens.

Mariolee

Oh shit, almost forgot one of my favorite lines:

"LESLIE, IS THIS THE TRAIN FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE 3?!?"
"Andy, get down from there."
"I THINK IT IS!!"

Meh, still mired in the season 4 mediocrity for me.

This show just isn't very funny anymore, most of the characters are too broad.

Strike

I hate Audrey Plaza
DRnEo.gif

Chris can get grating for sure but I like his relationship with Ron.

I also noticed this! I like it, too. Where as a lot of people just like Chris right off the bat, Ron is resistant so Chris has to work harder for it. Also, even though he's a pain, he seems like a decent enough boss (in my opinion).

Mariolee

How did people not love this episode? Had me rolling!

I do realize it's ok to have different opinions than mine before someone replies, "How do people have different opinions than me!?" or something equally obnoxious

- TV Guide: Exclusive Videos: Parks and Recreation's Andy Dwyer Presents the Facts — Sometimes
If you've ever wanted an awesome tour of Washington, D.C., then Parks and Recreation's Andy Dwyer is... not your man.

In these exclusive never-before-seen videos shot while the NBC comedy was on location in the nation's capital for the season premiere, Andy (Chris Pratt) acts as tour guide around Washington, D.C. to present the facts — which are often really wrong. Still, he goes on the hunt for an underground city, picking up clues (aka money) out of fountains. And since he's in D.C., Bert Macklin makes a surprising return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom