• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm too far out from Port Hedland, but like I said I should be able to get to the Perth event in a few hours after the damn reset. The distance between east coast Australia vs west coast Australia is vicious.

My plan is to cover most of Australia, move on to New Zealand, and then start pushing in to Papua New Guinea and the rest of south-east Asia.

I spent all my bucks on parts, but I'm missing at least one part each to build 3 or 4 different planes.

youll earn them back soon enough. just know that once you have all 3 parts, youll have to spend an additional 3 to actually build the plane. right now that 12 bux for a complete aircraft is looking like a bargain. we'll see how high individual part prices go as you gain levels.....

Chopper

youll earn them back soon enough. just know that once you have all 3 parts, youll have to spend an additional 3 to actually build the plane. right now that 12 bux for a complete aircraft is looking like a bargain. we'll see how high individual part prices go as you gain levels.....
Holy crap, you're right. In before NB nerfs it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Waiting for it to pop in the BR store. How is the airport situation in South America? I want to start down here but if it's too barren I may reconsider.

How are you jerks playing this already? :(
New Zealand's app store gets things early because of the timezone difference.

How does iCloud work for this game? I'd like to play it on iPad at home, but iPhone on the go, without having 2 separate games

Is this going to be possible? I started on my iPad but I'm thinking about starting over on iPhone and just sticking to that. Seems like that would be a lot simpler.

How is the airport situation in South America?

tons of black nodes(cheap airports). they get less people, but more area to travel. thats in central South america. if the game makes you start in south South America.....do not go!!

trying to get gafair more points by doing some flights to charleston. were ranked 3rd in the world. going to see if when i land it adds to our total.

That big long list of missions, is there an overall leaderboard that counts points from all the missions or does each individual mission have its own reward/leaderboard?

Pastry

Banned
I might go to southern Asia. Doesn't seem like anyone is starting there and based off the geography probably lots of short flights?

A question for those playing... Do the airports you buy have to connect to an airport you already own?

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Loving this game so far. Started in NE North America, finished 11 Calgary jobs(at least that have been counted) already.

Fuu

tons of black nodes(cheap airports). they get less people, but more area to travel. thats in central South america. if the game makes you start in south South America.....do not go!!
:( Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I was afraid of that. The worldwide thing is really appealing to me though, I feel like I may be missing part of what's fun about it if I don't start near home. Decisions!

That big long list of missions, is there an overall leaderboard that counts points from all the missions or does each individual mission have its own reward/leaderboard?

im trying to find out now. i have about 10 minutes until a flight of mine lands in charleston. ill come back and post if it adds to our total points or if its just individual.

edit: just encountered my first flight thats "out of zone". time to start building better planes.

Robin64

I hope the New Zealand iTunes trick doesn't mess with the game in any way. I can't imagine it does, so I did it anyway.

Anyway, Europe represent! I want to start in London, but couldn't be so specific. :(

zVeur.png

im so lost....this event to charlotte has a run time of a little over an hour left. i had two flights go to and fly away from there. i checked the events and saw this:

im supposed to do this event 1000 times? theres no achievement for events and we havent heard what we get for completing them. where are you eeeeen?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I want to see the world map on this....I bet Africa is ripe for picking.

TwiztidElf

GAFAIR flying Australian skies first up. I'll get the kids on too when they get home from school.

We're never going to catch #1, they're double us already!

Well, I started a game on my iPad, then started a different game on my iPhone. Then I went back to my phone after a bit, and it was the game I first created on my iPad. So I guess it's a gamecenter thing? Either way, kinda cool I guess. But one game is always a little behind the other, so I don't know how it would work if you were to switch between them a lot.

Edit: I found that if you want to switch between devices, just exit out of the app(double click home button, hold app and x it out) on the new device(or both, to be safe I guess), and it will load from gamecenter and be right where you left off with no gaps. Voila! This also means you should be able to delete the app and reinstall without having to start over and lose your game.

Chopper

Did anybody get their rewards from the first challenge yet?
Nope.

Who is #1 Toucharcade? I don't see a name next to any other than GAF.
That's because if it told you the name of the crew, you could just sign up and claim the rewards. The top isn't TA, according to their forums.

I just risked it. Backed up my save to iCloud, deleted the NZ version, installed the UK version and...

...Lost everything. Dammit. I was level 7. Bizarrely, it remembered GafAir, but everything else, including my two achievements, have gone. Time to start again. This time, I won't be tempted East my Muscat. That sort of fucked me over first time round.

Nope.

That's because if it told you the name of the crew, you could just sign up and claim the rewards. The top isn't TA, according to their forums.

I just risked it. Backed up my save to iCloud, deleted the NZ version, installed the UK version and...

...Lost everything. Dammit. I was level 7. Bizarrely, it remembered GafAir, but everything else, including my two achievements, have gone. Time to start again. This time, I won't be tempted East my Muscat. That sort of fucked me over first time round.

Shit. This is terrible. I don't want to start a third time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man...I really want to play this.

I'll be starting in NA unless everyone feels like we need representation elsewhere.

Chopper

I would have thought our biggest competition would be either TA or Something Awful. TA don't seem that fussed at this moment in time. Is there a community on the official NB site?

Fuu

Couldn't resist and picked Brazil to start. Started at an airport in Fortaleza, relatively close to the northern hemisphere so I don't think it will screw me too badly in the long run. Disappointed at the lack of music, I loved the tracks in Tiny Tower.

Can't load flight crew at all though, I keep getting a "Flight Crew details are unavailable at this time" error. Anyone got this? Will suck ass if this is related to the location because then I'll definitely have to reset and start elsewhere.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can't load flight crew either, probably getting hammered now that more ppl are able to grab the game

Fuu

Love how my first bitbook post looks like it's about smuggling.

B8az2.png

Can't load flight crew either, probably getting hammered now that more ppl are able to grab the game
Ah that's better, hope I can get it to load today.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just got it to load. Current leaderboards. Hopefully we can get it in the top 10, 50 bux for everyone :)

mcLFf.png

Top Bottom