• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

shira

What does "city cap" mean? Is there a limit to how much of the world you can own? I thought the goal of the game was to get every single city and a huge fleet of super fast jets and a billion coins. If anything I wish you got 2 cities per level instead of 1. Leveling takes way too long. I still haven't filled the entire US yet.

No, the goal is profit.

New Refresh city for BUX option.
X out the popup top menu

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just got a new update for the game. Seems to fix a lot of things.

Edit: I still get a weird bug where the name of my Sea Knight (in hanger) changes with the name of another plane I have active. It happens intermittently.

Cool, will check it out. I hope they put Jakarta in Oceania so I can get that achievement and close some airports

No, the goal is profit.

New Refresh city for BUX option.
X out the popup top menu

Damn. I really wanted that refresh but it's going to get expensive

Edit: 8 Bux just to refresh flights in one city!? I'll wait thanks. For 8 Bux I'd want a guaranteed full flight.

Hold down load/unload to auto load/unload everyone from that destination is very useful though. regional achievement bug is fixed too (I needed Moscow for some reason)

I'm still not getting the TransAtlantic achievement to trigger...

When I reset the rewards and tried again, it worked for me. Although I had to do this twice since the first time the Taxi Service achievement didn't unlock even though the People Mover achievement did. There are obviously still some bugs with achievements.

When I reset the rewards and tried again, it worked for me. Although I had to do this twice since the first time the Taxi Service achievement didn't unlock even though the People Mover achievement did. There are obviously still some bugs with achievements.

Now-if I reset the achievements....do I have to redo them all? Like I did 100 jobs to Easter Islands-am I going to have to do them all again? :(

Now-if I reset the achievements....do I have to redo them all? Like I did 100 jobs to Easter Islands-am I going to have to do them all again? :(

As I understand it, if you closed the airport you will have to re-do them.

The data for how many jobs have been sent to a location WAS being deleted when you closed an airport. That is a very silly design constraint that I hope they fixed in the recent update. However, if you closed it before updating, you most likely have to re-do them.

The quick load/unload in the new update is great, BUT, the fact that it's hot-swapping out any view onto a new plane that has just landed is killing it for me.

As I understand it, if you closed the airport you will have to re-do them.

The data for how many jobs have been sent to a location WAS being deleted when you closed an airport. That is a very silly design constraint that I hope they fixed in the recent update. However, if you closed it before updating, you most likely have to re-do them.

*facepalm*

Do you know how long it took me to do those fucking jobs in Easter Island???

Sigh

Meier

I did that as well. I also have done Honolulu and Mahajanga but I've kept those open.

You keep the achievement even if you close them. I closed Easter Island since mine was bugged and never progressing past 2%.. then wiped all my achievements due to Transatlantic. Hopefully whenever I go for it again, it'll work this time.

Edit: Oops, I see he's asking if he resets his achievements would he have to do them.. I'd think so.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So, are we done with this GAFAir? 14th, and looking like we won't be able to climb out of the hole this time.

Feels like it. I did 3k jobs on the last event and we still only managed 11th. What's annoying is there is no way of knowing if that's because we are not pushing, or (more likely IMO) the other teams simply have more people playing.

You keep the achievement even if you close them. I closed Easter Island since mine was bugged and never progressing past 2%.. then wiped all my achievements due to Transatlantic. Hopefully whenever I go for it again, it'll work this time.

Edit: Oops, I see he's asking if he resets his achievements would he have to do them.. I'd think so.

Yep. it sucks. I tried buying Honolulu and Easter Islands again and doing a job to each of them before resetting my achievements-to see if that would trick it-but alas it did not. I have to do them all over again...

:(

Pheebers

Neo Member
Feels like it. I did 3k jobs on the last event and we still only managed 11th. What's annoying is there is no way of knowing if that's because we are not pushing, or (more likely IMO) the other teams simply have more people playing.

I'm hoping it's just that people aren't motivated for a Huey & the next one will be better....

Welp, I took the reset plunge.

The Transatlantic achievement triggered correctly for me.

100x Deliveries to Honolulu and Mahajanga were re-awarded as soon as I delivered one more thing to those locations. These airports were still open when I reset my achievements.

100x Deliveries to Easter Island did NOT get re-awarded because I had closed it before I reset my achievements. Bummer :-(

I did NOT lose my progress for People Power or Cargo Crazy, phew.

If you have other questions about it, feel free to ask.

Chopper

100x Deliveries to Honolulu and Mahajanga were re-awarded as soon as I delivered one more thing to those locations. These airports were still open when I reset my achievements.

100x Deliveries to Easter Island did NOT get re-awarded because I had closed it before I reset my achievements. Bummer :-(

So, if I haven't completed any of the location-specific achievements I should reset, right? Like everyone else, my tansatlantic glitch has been glitched, but I don't want to reset achievements if I lose any other progress. I have nothing to lose?

shira

Is it just me or since the 1.04 update there are less bux jobs. I maxed out 9 level 3 city's but often there are no bux jobs/flights.
Bux seem same to me.

I think the cheats are in. But hopefully the prizes stay pretty even keel. So even if we are top 100 we get the same prize as TA. It's a fun time waster, not really competitive game

mrklaw

MrArseFace

How about any of the achievements requiring eg 200m population, or 10m airports in all regions? I closed lots of airports after getting those and don't want to spend the money reopening them

And longest flight - assuming people closed down nome afterwards

So, if I haven't completed any of the location-specific achievements I should reset, right? Like everyone else, my tansatlantic glitch has been glitched, but I don't want to reset achievements if I lose any other progress. I have nothing to lose?

How about any of the achievements requiring eg 200m population, or 10m airports in all regions? I closed lots of airports after getting those and don't want to spend the money reopening them

And longest flight - assuming people closed down nome afterwards

You will lose the Nome -> Wellington achievement if those airports are closed.

You will lose the Regional HQ (10M in each region) achievement if those are closed.

I had done both of those but closed the airports.

Meier

You will lose the Regional HQ (10M in each region) achievement if those are closed.

How does one obtain this? I still don't have it.. would closing Jakarta and opening Manila fix it? Because Jakarta is not working as what I presume is the Oceania region.

How does one obtain this? I still don't have it.. would closing Jakarta and opening Manila fix it?

Do you have a 10M airport open in all regions? If so, perhaps this one was bugged as well and also wont work until you reset?

If it is bugged in the same way the other ones were, closing Jakarta and opening Manila will not fix it. You'll have to reset them all.

Meier

Do you have a 10M airport open in all regions? If so, perhaps this one was bugged as well and also wont work until you reset?

If it is bugged in the same way the other ones were, closing Jakarta and opening Manila will not fix it. You'll have to reset them all.

Well the regions aren't officially defined.. but yes, I have a 10M in NA, SA, Europe, Asia, Africa and "Oceania" (Jakarta). I just don't know if the game considers Jakarta as Asia as well.. which of the two did you have an airport in?

Chopper

You will lose the Nome -> Wellington achievement if those airports are closed.

I had done both of those but closed the airports.
How are you even supposed to get this achievement if they're both Class 1 airports?

Meier

How are you even supposed to get this achievement if they're both Class 1 airports?

I think you have to use a Mohawk or the one 1-seater with huge range then go the route many of us used on the 1st event (going from Canada to Iceland, etc.) Pretty obnoxious.. I haven't tried it.

Well the regions aren't officially defined.. but yes, I have a 6M in NA, SA, Europe, Asia, Africa and "Oceania" (Jakarta). I just don't know if the game considers Jakarta as Asia as well.. which of the two did you have an airport in?

I have these airports and just triggered it (after resetting my achievements):

LA/NY
Rio
London
Cairo
Tokyo/Seoul/Tehran
Bangkok/Jakarta

Get a long range class 1 plane. Open enough airports to get from Nome to Wellington by hopping between them. You'll have to go through canada/iceland/greenland to cross the atlantic. I think when I did it, my plan traveled through ~ 14 airports.

Chopper

I think you have to use a Mohawk or the one 1-seater with huge range then go the route many of us used on the 1st event (going from Canada to Iceland, etc.) Pretty obnoxious.. I haven't tried it.
That makes sense. "Without stopping" is what confused me. That's fine. I can do that.

Meier

I have these airports and just triggered it (after resetting my achievements):

LA/NY
Rio
London
Cairo
Tokyo/Seoul/Tehran
Bangkok/Jakarta

Bummer. :( Oh well, I don't think I'll be resetting again since I don't feel like re-doing Honolulu or Mahajanga. We'll see...

Prezhulio

when you send a plane to the hangar do you lose the upgrades?

i (foolishly) completed upgraded the starship in attempt to recoup costs, and I just don't see enough bux come and go to justify the spot it fills, but i'd rather not lose that sizeable bux investment...

Meier

i (foolishly) completed upgraded the starship in attempt to recoup costs, and I just don't see enough bux come and go to justify the spot it fills, but i'd rather not lose that sizeable bux investment...

I think so but can't confirm. I took the Anan out and it had no upgrades. It's possible I hadn't done any prior...but unlikely.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well the regions aren't officially defined.. but yes, I have a 10M in NA, SA, Europe, Asia, Africa and "Oceania" (Jakarta). I just don't know if the game considers Jakarta as Asia as well.. which of the two did you have an airport in?

Jakarta was supposed to be Oceania, but was accidentally set as Asia, which is why it wasn't triggering. They changed it in the update so it works now. Although I think I needed Moscow for some reason - maybe it just needed me to buy something to get it to check again

I don't think you lose the upgrades for planes. At one point I had a bunch of upgraded Kangaroos that I put in the hangar. I recently needed them again and I think they retained their upgrades.

Prezhulio

I don't think you lose the upgrades for planes. At one point I had a bunch of upgraded Kangaroos that I put in the hangar. I recently needed them again and I think they retained their upgrades.

just tested with wallaby (only 5 bux between upgrade and recommission), retained upgrades after recommission, yay. guess i could have just done this myself, but thanks for the info!

Trin

just tested with wallaby (only 5 bux between upgrade and recommission), retained upgrades after recommission, yay. guess i could have just done this myself, but thanks for the info!

Good thing you tried it now rather than a few days ago. They just fixed a bug in update 1.0.4 that caused planes to lose all upgrades in the hangar if your device cleared its memory.

Starting to play with the new patch, and the amount of Bux asked to speed up New Jobs is far too high. I know Nimblebit makes money from people buying Bux, but I am never going to use 6/7/8 Bux when I can just wait 4 minutes. 1 (Grey) 2 (Blue) 3 (Red) should be the limit.

I have 600 Bux saved (from just playing the game), and I cannot see myself using them on this.

Meier

7 Days. London games.

BLIMP!

Come on GAFAIR! I am not playing as much, admittedly, but Europe was my starting point and I'm in and out of London quite often. Will definitely hit it hard!

Hmm, haven't received my bux (at least I haven't been notified about it) for Mahajanga yet.

Top Bottom