• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - McConaughey/Harrelson crime series - S2 starts June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to watch ep4 for the 4th time. I love it.

I like how Rust seems vulnerable with the Iron Crusaders, and you're afraid what if his cover gets blown with all of the cocaine, booze and cigs he's taking. But he is still lucid as hell about his mission. When things go south, he has the upper hand almost immediately. Nice.

Going to watch ep4 for the 4th time. I love it.

I like how Rust seems vulnerable with the Iron Crusaders, and you're afraid what if his cover gets blown with all of the cocaine, booze and cigs he's taking. But he is still lucid as hell about his mission. When things go south, he has the upper hand almost immediately. Nice.

It's unsettling how much more comfortable we see him in that chaotic setting than any other time in the show.

It's unsettling how much more comfortable we see him in that chaotic setting than any other time in the show.

I almost saw it as a relief. When we started learning about his past, we realized that his place as a detective with Marty wasn't normal for him. Finally we get a Rust that is true to himself, or at least is true to what we know of him.

jtb

Banned
plus, I don't think it's a stretch to say that he probably has some kind of a death wish (dead kid and all). so that + adrenaline probably got him going

potam

Banned
I know this question has been answered before in the thread, but I can't search through this many pages:

When does the show go up on hbogo.com? Immediately after the episode or at 9PM?

neoism

who's a bad motherfucker..
ibfkwZqVRgIaJB.gif

Deku Tree

"Being captain of the varsity slut team."

Worst line in the whole show.
The writing is slipping.
Not sure where this storyline is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom