• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best attacks in all of anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively,

OUjVGnj.gif

God dammit, I can't believe I didn't think of this. Master Asia is fantastic.

I have to endure this watching Salty bet, that damn intro. If anyone isn't in the know, Saltybet is a mugen AI fighter twitch stream that's up 24/7, and there's exhibition matches after each tournament...and people right now like to spam the Ultimate Blade works character. And his intro is about a minute long monologue that you have to see twice before the actual fight, which goes like this-

And people in chat always go insane because of it.

One of the best goddamn anime monologues.

Genryu

Banned
One of my favorite attacks is from One Piece, one that Whitebeard pulls off. I can't find a .gif of it, sadly.

He "grabs" the air infront of him and pulls it down, throwing the entire area into chaos.

I DID find a picture of what happens when he does it, though.

Bfs_Ls1CMAAibJV.jpg:large

Edit: Found a .gif of the start of it.

a32a5b50a7789e23edd8a29264b07111bfa6535d_hq.gif

Roy Mustang's Snaps

tumblr_nucchvsw5z1upiadrzx.gif

Simple, effective, stylish.

I have to give it to this, for the reasons you list. Plus, a lot of the examples in this thread are cool, but too many of them just rely on being massively over-the-top (often it's part of the joke, but the joke has been done ad nauseam). Mustang's blasts are comparatively restrained, but are still extremely intense, and are much more effective for it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Destructo Disk was sick when it connected.
I can't recall, but did it ever fail to cut what it was supposed to cut? I feel like DBZ moved to enemies that could regenerate so that Krillin didn't cut everybody in half.

So good.

Really cool. I think I liked Suyin's solution to that problem a little better.

ZVYtoFY.gif

Goodbye, cranium. Simple and brutal.

Also liked her makeshift shield/armor bending move.
Rqzp4fw.gif

SoulUnison

Banned
Maybe not the best, but it's my favourite:

Kuchiki Byakuya's Senbonzakura from Bleach. Why? Because it offers a near-perfect combination of offense and defense, looks amazingly awesome and has multiple forms.

IIRC they're millions of tiny blades that reflect light in a way that makes them appear as cherry blossoms.. or idk lol

senbonzakura-o.gif

Too bad whenever it shows up whoever's writing/animating seems to forget that it's thousands/millions of individual blades and it just gets treated as a bunch of big pink cloud-turds bashing into things.

Cheerilee

I can't recall, but did it ever fail to cut what it was supposed to cut? I feel like DBZ moved to enemies that could regenerate so that Krillin didn't cut everybody in half.

Krillin hit Perfect Cell square in the back of the neck, and the Destructo Disk broke/fizzled out.

Krillin (or anyone else using it) can apparently punch way above their league by using it, but it has it's limits. Like, I assume if Goku or Vegeta had tossed it, Cell would've lost a head.

Joeku

Really cool. I think I liked Suyin's solution to that problem a little better.

ZVYtoFY.gif

Goodbye, cranium. Simple and brutal.

Also liked her makeshift shield/armor bending move.
Rqzp4fw.gif

Gonna echo this.
What happened to P'li
was hardcore as fuck.

Diebuster has some pretty cool moves too like the Buster Beam Slice!
there's also a lot more that I couldn't find the video right now like that ridiculous planet toss move and the micro-blackholes attacks, not to mention the whole absolute zero tennis ball of death one lol

Ralemont

not me
3ca559d8f19f9058242bd37c4986a7137a7bf986_hq.gif

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

Wait a minute, that's not flashy or colorful! Sooo boring, he just makes copies of himself!

And this is why it's used so brilliantly. It's such a basic idea that Kishimoto finds new ways to exploit in every one of Naruto's fights. In a manga that got more progressively DBZ-like in ULTIMATE POWER moves, Kage Bunshin was always leveraged to do what Naruto manga fights do best: rock-paper-scissors tactical fighting. Because no one can tell the difference between a clone and the real thing, Naruto fools the very first opponent in the manga with Kage Bunshin AND the last. It's used in all of his fights to great effect and it's something that only he can do because of his vast chakra reserves (plus the Kyuubi).

ZVQtBH3.png

It's the very definition of a good signature move, and I always enjoyed its creative use in fights.

Honorable Naruto jutsu mentions for above reasons: Henge no Jutsu, Substitution jutsu.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

Wait a minute, that's not flashy or colorful! Sooo boring, he just makes copies of himself!

And this is why it's used so brilliantly. It's such a basic idea that Kishimoto finds new ways to exploit in every one of Naruto's fights. In a manga that got more progressively DBZ-like in ULTIMATE POWER moves, Kage Bunshin was always leveraged to do what Naruto manga fights do best: rock-paper-scissors tactical fighting. Because no one can tell the difference between a clone and the real thing, Naruto fools the very first opponent in the manga with Kage Bunshin AND the last. It's used in all of his fights to great effect and it's something that only he can do because of his vast chakra reserves (plus the Kyuubi).

ZVQtBH3.png

It's the very definition of a good signature move, and I always enjoyed its creative use in fights.

Honorable Naruto jutsu mentions for above reasons: Henge no Jutsu, Substitution jutsu.

Don't forget Sexy Jutsu!

VariantX

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

ZVQtBH3.png

Yeah, its real easy to forget that its a high tier, forbidden jutsu because Naruto throws around clones all day long in the beginning using it only as a distraction or a way to overwhelm a target. It scales super well with the user's ability and never falls off. That memory transfer feature is pretty much what makes it an insanely powerful technique combined with someone who has a lot of chakra reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom