• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Seven: It's Never the Right Time to Wear Orange.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's that time of year again, folks.

It's the Third Saturday in October (for once) and it's time for the rivalry game no one else cares for, but it's still better than you.

Let me remind you of the Real 10RC, the way they look in their rightful place, their version of Normalcy. The Land of Mediocrity and Despair.

DQygEgh.gif

Played in the nicely designed Neyland Stadium!
eYE3xsU.jpg

Local Beat Writer's Poll of Indemnity

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Michigan
5. Washington
6. Texas A&M
7. Louisville
8. Wisconsin
9. Tennessee
10. Nebraska
11. Baylor
12. Ole Miss
13. Houston
14. Florida State
15. Boise State
16. Miami
17. Virginia Tech
18. Florida
19. Oklahoma
20. West Virginia
21. Utah
22. Arkansas
23. Auburn
24. Western Michigan
25. Navy

University Bagmens Poll of Scruples

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Michigan
5. Washington
6. Texas A&M
7. Louisville
8. Baylor
9. Nebraska
10. Wisconsin
11. Tennessee
12. Houston
13. Ole Miss
14. Florida
15. Boise State
16. FSU
17. Miami
18. West Virginia
19. Virginia Tech
20. Oklahoma
21. Utah
22. Arkansas
23. Western Michigan
24. Arizona State
25. LSU​
Schedule of Notable Games
In Glorious Central Time Format

Friday, October 14
Duke @ #7 Louisville 6:00 PM ESPN

Saturday, October 15
NC State @ #3 Clemson 11:00 AM ABC
Kansas State @ #19 Oklahoma 11:00 AM ESPN
#20 West Virginia @ Texas Tech 11:00 AM FS1
Wake Forest @ #14 Florida State 2:30 PM ESPN
North Carolina@ #16 Miami 2:30 PM ABC ESPN2
#24 Western Michigan @ Akron 2:30 PM CBSSN
Kansas @ #11 Baylor 2:30 PM FS1
#1 Alabama @ #9 Tennessee 2:30 PM CBS
#10 Nebraska @ Indiana 2:30 PM ABC ESPN2
#17 Virginia Tech @Syracuse 2:45 PM ESPNU
Missouri @#18 Florida 3:00 PM SECN
#21 Utah @ Oregon State 3:00 PM PAC12
#12 Ole Miss @ #22 Arkansas 6:00 PM ESPN
Tulsa @ #13 Houston 6:00 PM ESPN2
#2 Ohio State @ #8 Wisconsin 7:00 PM ABC
Colorado State @ #15 Boise State 9:15 PM ESPN2

Non-Notable Game of the Week
Stanford @ Notre Dame 6:30 PM NBC

NeoGAF's Game So Late, No One is bothering to air it on TV
UNLV @ Hawai'i 10:59 PM

Pick 'em

Pickem Link

ISU(24)/Texas(0)
Iowa/Purdue
Bama/Tenn
tOSU/Wisc
WVU/TTU
KSU/OU
Ill/Rut
WF/FSU
ASU/Colo
Kent/MiamiOH
Texas State/Louisiana Monroe
UTSA/Rice
NMSU/Idaho

Current Leaders:
49 jstevenson
48 sf2fanatic
46 MrJames
45 jfkgoblue
44 Yaboosh
44 zyxwvu4321
43 ag
43 FloydtheFathead
42 ErnieMcCracken
41 BTM
41 felixorion
40 Karl2177
40 Lonestar
40 Mac the KNife
39 Affeinvasion
39 Dsyndrome​

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

New Episodes on Thursday, or whenever Andy finds enough time at work to work on it.

How to Subscribe to this Thread

Web browser: click on the "Subscribe" button on the top right side of the screen. Next click "add subscription".

Mobile: Click on the "Tools" button, found by scrolling all the way to the bottom. Then click "Add Subscription".

Cross Post!

It sure feels like every time we go to camp randle were looking at a MNC and undefeated, and thats because we are...

since 1992 every time, except for one season, we were unbeaten and in the top 10 in the polls heading into Wisconsin. The one outlier we only had 1 loss, but were still in the top 15.

This year is no different it seems, kinda crazy.

loserwis.0.gif

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I am legitimately sweating Indiana this week. They definitely play better than their record and Nebraska is due for a loss. Come on, Huskers, don't let me down!

@RussilloKanell 37m37 minutes ago
.@AggieFootball coach Kevin Sumlin on Tom Herman

"I don't give him advice...eight weeks ago everyone was asking was he gonna take my job."

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looking to extend our streak of scoring 50+ at home to 10 straight games this weekend against West Virginia. Sadly, we actually have 2 losses in those 9 previous games.

Looks like the line is fluctuating between around +1 and -1 so it's basically a pick 'em.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Most of the B1G does... the 40s and 50s were bad times for Nebraska.

This is gonna be a tough game.

Indiana's offense is pretty nasty - run/pass options on every single play are one of those things that test defenses mightily.

Nebraska is banged up. Armstrong had an ankle injury and wouldn't have played this past Saturday (thank god for that bye timing!), #1 receiver Westerkamp is out, and more importantly #1 (and best overall offensive player? TE and Cethan Carter is out --- he keys the Nebraska offense in sealing the edge, and all of our Run-Pass-Option packages which are basically impossible to defend given our RB, QB's running ability and Carter's physical statue and pass catching ability.

So Nebraska is limited this week, on the road, back in the Top 10, and it's homecoming for Indiana.

I like the Huskers here coming off a bye week, but I think it's going to be a tough tough game.

Flying to Bloomington to see it in person. Pretty stoked. Fellow B1G homers, if you have food / drink suggestions in Bloomington, I'm all ears.

Most of the B1G does... the 40s and 50s were bad times for Nebraska.

This is gonna be a tough game.

Indiana's offense is pretty nasty - run/pass options on every single play are one of those things that test defenses mightily.

Nebraska is banged up. Armstrong had an ankle injury and wouldn't have played this past Saturday (thank god for that bye timing!), #1 receiver Westerkamp is out, and more importantly #1 (and best overall offensive player? TE and Cethan Carter is out --- he keys the Nebraska offense in sealing the edge, and all of our Run-Pass-Option packages which are basically impossible to defend given our RB, QB's running ability and Carter's physical statue and pass catching ability. Uptown Cafe is a great breakfast place.

So Nebraska is limited this week, on the road, back in the Top 10, and it's homecoming for Indiana.

Edit: The best of the 3 Kilroy's is Kilroy's on Kirkwood

I like the Huskers here coming off a bye week, but I think it's going to be a tough tough game.

Flying to Bloomington to see it in person. Pretty stoked. Fellow B1G homers, if you have food / drink suggestions in Bloomington, I'm all ears.

Not sure if you saw my thing in last thread, but Killroys on campus is one of the top grossing bars in the entire United States (if you added all 3 which are all within 2 blocks of each other together) the bars themselves is cool campus bar. On gameday they open a tent up in the tailgating lot and give out free booze to everyone. Uptown Cafe is a great breakfast place

Nick's english hut is always a pre game tradition for me.

ag-my001

So glad we have a bye this week. Defense needs to heal up, some key offense needs rest (haven't heard about RSJ, anyone know?), and I need to do a ton of fall yard work.

thefro

Nick's English Hut is a must to play Sink the Biz. That's basically the classic Indiana bar in town. Kilroy's is more of a frat/party bar. Bluebird has some good music acts that come through.

Yogi's is okay and the closest to the stadium, but you won't get the real campus flavor there.

Mother Bear's has some pretty great pizza. I probably got a sub from Dagwood's once a week when I was at IU... amazing stuff. I like the Trojan Horse and Janko's has great, excellent steaks (they always bring FB recruits there).

There's a ton of cool international restaurants on 4th Street.

Big Woods (Quaff On) and Upland are local micro breweries that have great beer and well-rated brewpubs per Yelp/TripAdvisor.

Haven't been in a while, but TripAdvisor is pretty accurate from what I've heard from folks.

Definitely walk down to the Sample Gates and through a little bit of the oldest part of campus near Kirkwood. Not peak foliage yet but it'll be very pretty this time of year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Beer isnt going to do the trick is it? I'ma need some whiskey , where everything becomes nice and numb......

Top Bottom