• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Seven: It's Never the Right Time to Wear Orange.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I mean I kinda see where he was coming from though. LSU offered every possible solution to the problem leading up to the originally scheduled game and Foley basically did jack shit, dropped the ball and then when it was clear the game was going to happen seeming thought he could get out of the game and get a competitive advantage over Tennessee (and Georgia to a lesser extent) by not playing the game. Then when it became public and there was a lot of pressure put on everyone to make the game happen the assumption was LSU was going to give up a home game and that revenue to make up for Florida's incompetence . Why the hell should LSU lose money cause Florida fucked up? LSU is a pretty miserable place full of miserable people but I totally agree with them and their "fuck you" to FL and Sankey.
LSU already has 2 losses this year. For all intents and purposes, they are out of the playoff hunt. But there's always hope for next year. They should have sucked it up and gone to Gainesville on the 11/19 instead of agreeing to two years in a row of away games. Next year's schedule for LSU is absolutely brutal, and now they're only going to have 3 home SEC games there. And, I promise you, LSU fans will be bitching about that all fucking year.

jjasper

@Florida
@Ole Miss
@Bama
@UT

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FDr.-Who.gif

jfkgoblue

LSU already has 2 losses this year. For all intents and purposes, they are out of the playoff hunt. But there's always hope for next year. They should have sucked it up and gone to Gainesville on the 11/19 instead of agreeing to two years in a row of away games. Next year's schedule for LSU is absolutely brutal, and now they're only going to have 3 home SEC games there. And, I promise you, LSU fans will be bitching about that all fucking year.
But they sure showed Florida who's boss!

OSU/Northwestern has moved from a weird 530pm kick to a 330pm kick.

Rumor is its being move to accommodate a potential Cubs world series where game 4 is scheduled for that Saturday night.

ag-my001

Not a lot of great games this week, but figured the thread would still be more active than just over 100 posts on a Friday.
Thread also didn't go up until Wednesday. I'm going to enjoy this bye week, catch up on some stuff, and just not worry about any emotional heartbreak from any game I happen to see tomorrow.

I'm sure there'll be a few good ones, just like week two. We just don't know which those are yet.

jfkgoblue

Thread also didn't go up until Wednesday. I'm going to enjoy this bye week, catch up on some stuff, and just not worry about any emotional heartbreak from any game I happen to see tomorrow.

I'm sure there'll be a few good ones, just like week two. We just don't know which those are yet.
What game week 2 was good?

GAF is running slower than Christian McAffery and the Stanford offense.

BTW Stanford is ranked #126/128 in total offense. And their RB is supposed to be a Heisman Candidate?

They're 65th in offensive S+P:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

Which would put them as second worst in the conference:

Oregon 6
California 10
UW 16
Wazzu 17
Colorado 33
USC 34
ASU 35
Arizona 38
UCLA 40
Utah 63
Stanford 65
Oregon State 89

Oregon as the best offense doesn't pass the smell test though.

TraBuch

Banned
Fuck you you piece of shit refs. There was no whistle. And there was a blatant hold on 93 AJ Wolf on that run. He fucking hugged him.

Refs stay fucking Duke. Fuck you, Swofford.

TraBuch

Banned
Can't blame the refs on horrible play-calling by Duke
No, but I can blame them for taking the ball away from Duke on Louisville's twenty yard line and directly giving them a TD on a missed blatant hold.

Zac Roper is a shitty fucking offensive coordinator and Cutcliffe is way too stubborn for his own good, but Louisville doesn't need help beating fucking Duke.

No, but I can blame them for taking the ball away from Duke on Louisville's twenty yard line and directly giving them a TD on a missed blatant hold.

Zac Roper is a shitty fucking offensive coordinator and Cutcliffe is way too stubborn for his own good, but Louisville doesn't need help beating fucking Duke.

Holds haven't been called all year in CFB. It's one of the main reasons why more points are being scored this year. Doesn't make it right, but if you go back and watch almost any scoring play in any game this year there's uncalled holding.

BTM

I'm cutting it closer and closer each week for the pick em deadline. Keep forgetting we got moved to community.

TraBuch

Banned
Holds haven't been called all year in CFB. It's one of the main reasons why more points are being scored this year. Doesn't make it right, but if you go back and watch almost any scoring play in any game this year there's uncalled holding.
I'm fine with not calling ticky tack shit, but he literally wrapped his arms around him. That should never go uncalled.

TraBuch

Banned
What the fuck Borders. You're a fucking senior. You're a defensive leader. You're arguably the best defender on the team. You did literally the one thing you can't do there. Way to fucking go.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm not mad at all. Borders took a shot at the block and paid the price. He gets the block and maybe something positive happens.

I was expecting a 63-7 nightmare and I know Louisville didn't take Duke seriously, but they played to win and had a shot. Seeing as how they are going into the bye week, I hope they can maybe get another win or two this season. The offensive play calling has been bad all season and I wish Cutcliffe would just man up and hire someone who can actually call a modern offensive game.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm not mad at all. Borders took a shot at the block and paid the price. He gets the block and maybe something positive happens.

I was expecting a 63-7 nightmare and I know Louisville didn't take Duke seriously, but they played to win and had a shot. Seeing as how they are going into the bye week, I hope they can maybe get another win or two this season. The offensive play calling has been bad all season and I wish Cutcliffe would just man up and hire someone who can actually call a modern offensive game.

There was literally no reason to go for the block. He hasn't made one over 41 in his entire career and he missed one earlier. The likelihood of a stupid penalty was much greater than a blocked kick.

He makes the kick, big fucking deal, we need a TD to win anyways. He misses it, and we get the ball at the 35 yard line with three timeouts and two minutes left. There was ZERO reason to go for the block.

We're way past the point of moral victories. This season has fucking sucked and we had a surprisingly good chance at possibly the biggest upset in school history and we didn't even really get that opportunity because one of our best players did the stupidest fucking thing possible. I'd rather get blown out 63-7 than lose that way.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There was literally no reason to go for the block. He hasn't made one over 41 in his entire career and he missed one earlier. The likelihood of a stupid penalty was much greater than a blocked kick.

He makes the kick, big fucking deal, we need a TD to win anyways. He misses it, and we get the ball at the 35 yard line with three timeouts and two minutes left. There was ZERO reason to go for the block.

We're way past the point of moral victories. This season has fucking sucked and we had a surprisingly good chance at possibly the biggest upset in school history and we didn't even really get that opportunity because one of our best players did the stupidest fucking thing possible. I'd rather get blown out 63-7 than lose that way.

This team has been fragile and not looked great for most of the season, and Cutcliffe has still not found an offense that suits DJ and not Sirk. Our receivers are not great, the oline has struggled to block for both the run and the pass and the defense usually gets lit up by athletic players and dynamic offenses. Losing 63-7 may have been less frustrating to you and most fans, but instead Duke had a legit shot to beat a top 10 team on national TV. In terms of recruiting and keeping some of the better recruits thy currently have sgned, the 24-14 loss with legit shot to win late in the 4th was a better showing, stupid block attempt and all.
Its been a bad season but there's still a slight chance for a better second half.

diehard

Fleer
I don't know if there is some sort of record for games coming down to last play of the game for a team, but i think BYU might break it this season.

Rocketz

Breakfast is finished and I'm having the last sips of my coffee before we're off to Toledo for the Homecoming parade and then the game at 3:30.

Top Bottom