• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 07/14/15

daydream

Banned
iwataiorc2.gif

sigbdeck94pa6.png

Date: 07/14/2015 - Duration:
03:02:19
- Download

We come together to talk about the untimely passing of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata before moving on to lighter topics like Rocket League, EA's Jade Raymond, The Magic Circle, face-scannin', the dissolution of KojiPro, and... look out everyone, Kratos is MAD!!!
sigbcast92osi.png

bradfsrk0.png
jeffn0ozt.png
drewpbq4x.png
danoto5h.png

Bleh, Dan needs to stop eating disgusting fast food.

I was actually really pleased to hear a couple Bombcasts ago that Jeff has changed his diet. Made me really happy for him.

Dan should really follow suit. That stuff is terrible for you, even if you are in marathon-running shape.

I was actually really pleased to hear a couple Bombcasts ago that Jeff has changed his diet. Made me really happy for him.

Dan should really follow suit. That stuff is terrible for you, even if you are in marathon-running shape.
Think it was a recent Danswers where he said something to the effect of, "go to the gym and then you can eat a bunch of Taco Bell guilt free!"

Think it was a recent Danswers where he said something to the effect of, "go to the gym and then you can eat a bunch of Taco Bell guilt free!"

If only Dan knew that you could just buy healthier ingredients yourself to make your own more delicious Taco Bell-like tacos at home...

Volotaire

The idea about locking up the footage of Drew playing MGS5 for 6 months so Drew can be part of the conversation when he plays it and give reactions is a great idea.

daveo42

Banned
Very nice talk on Iwata at the beginning. Loving the MGS talk related to KojiPro.

Real surprised that Jeff stopped playing Journey because
he lost his buddy.

Myggen

Real surprised that Jeff stopped playing Journey because
he lost his buddy.

Yeah, he talked about that when the game came out. Really goes to show the level of emotional attatchment you could get to the nameless online player in that game. I've never heard Jeff reacting more emotionally to a game than that.

Nachos

Good OP, RenDream!
I always wanted Bokati. The solar system mechanic seemed novel.
They're great games that still hold up. Boktai 1 is more of a stealth game, while 2 is more action RPG. 3 was apparently a middle ground between the two, but Konami never localized it.

Lunar Knights is best forgotten, even if it isn't terrible.

Finally someone understands you go to Taco Bell knowing you want to die
And you go to a KenTaco Hut when you want other people to die by turning your body into a biological weapon of mass destruction.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, he talked about that when the game came out. Really goes to show the level of emotional attatchment you could get to the nameless online player in that game. I've never heard Jeff reacting more emotionally to a game than that.

Oh...maybe I should go back and listen to some older bombcasts then. I've only been listening over the past year. That emotional reaction kind of shocked me too, at least coming from Jeff.

Man, how many hours can these guys talk about fast food? :/

I think if you added together fast food, metal gear and wrestling, you'd have about 2/3 of Dan's conversations ever.

Great discussion about Iwata, as always it's good to have the Bomb Crew's viewpoint on these major events. Appreciate them moving it to the front of the podcast.

pizzacat

Banned
I bet he would tear up seeing that KoF moba

Myggen

Oh...maybe I should go back and listen to some older bombcasts then. I've only been listening over the past year. That emotional reaction kind of shocked me too, at least coming from Jeff.

Yeah, I'll always recommend going back and listening to old Bombcasts. But yeah, I remember being legitimately shocked by Jeff's reaction back then because he's not exactly the type of person that have those kind of reactions to games very often. I think it's what convinced me to buy Journey, which became one of my favourite games.

I bet he would tear up seeing that KoF moba

I cry just thinking about it right now.

pizzacat

Banned
Good OP, RenDream!

They're great games that still hold up. Boktai 1 is more of a stealth game, while 2 is more action RPG. 3 was apparently a middle ground between the two, but Konami never localized it.

Lunar Knights is best forgotten, even if it isn't terrible.

And you go to a KenTaco Hut when you want other people to die by turning your body into a biological weapon of mass destruction.
There's a Ken Taco Bell near me that use to be the trinity but not anymore

They still have the hut formation

God damn it the young die first ;-;

Top Bottom