• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bill Simmons was speculating that Kevin Love will join Team USA as soon as the ink is dry on his move to the Cavs, of course that was before KD pulled out. Love would clearly be the best option to replace KD's spot, though.

I had also wondered if Love could make it back to the team if his trade situation was resolved. He's needed, that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Colangelo/Krzyzewski were calling a number of players just to cover all bases. "Carmelo, your season was over 4 months ago, feel like playing?" That sort of thing.

cacophony

Q: They don't invite you to barbecue or something?
A: No, they eat different food than me.
Q: What? Do you mean they eat oysters?
A: No... being European, I am more likely to eat oyster than them. They eat fast food.

wow what terrible teammates, the Rockets are DOOMED

Q: They don't invite you to barbecue or something?
A: No, they eat different food than me.
Q: What? Do you mean they eat oysters?
A: No... being European, I am more likely to eat oyster than them. They eat fast food.

wow what terrible teammates, the Rockets are DOOMED

Not only that but after Bosh declined their offer they decided not to match Parsons offer so they could have cap space next offseason to go after Love. Guess that turned out real well.

AcridMeat

Banned
I didn't say eating fast food is going to destroy their career. I said it demonstrates their personalities. They're immature, Howard has a history of it for a long time, Harden gets a pass for now as he's still incredibly young. But seeing how they threw their teammates under a bus already, and reading things like this, I mean it's really not that hard to see.

Point is they're awful leaders and if they continue to be hired as leaders of a team it won't amount to anything, unless they change.

edit: A friend was hit on by Damien Lillard this week. She didn't know who he was haha.

Jag

ESPN reporting that Ray Allen is coming back, just won't say it publicly yet. Since they also said he will only play for a title chance, I'm assuming that's the Cavs.

If I lived in California I'd eat jack in the box/Carl's Jr/in n out at least once a week

Smh east coast having none of those options, McDonald's and burger king are so much worse, I eat Wendy's but I prefer Cali options

Just gotta balance it and not eat like every meal at a fast food place

Ray is just waiting til everyone else is signed so he can take the lowest salery on the cavs , he'd play for free if he could

Can Ray still start? If he can, having him start next to Kyrie and Bron would probably be their best option. I think Waiters off the bench would be better for him and for the team.

Pimpwerx

Didn't realize Miami signed Tyler Johnson to a camp contract. Athletic, high motor and can shoot the rock. Hopefully he can make the team. PEACE.

demolitio

Wiggins wants the trade. He doesn't want to be the Pippen for LBJ.

I think at this point, he kind of HAS to have that mentality as well since it's definitely going to happen. He doesn't want to go out there and look bad, especially after that ESPN interview, but I also get his point if that's really how he feels. Before LeBron came back, Wiggins would have to be a huge part of the Cavs team, but now he's completely overshadowed which he doesn't want. In Minnesota, he can play more of a role and thrive off the pressure of being one of their go-to guys.

If I were him, I would say the same thing at this point but I'd personally want to play with something like LeBron and go for championships with him since it's a once in a lifetime chance and he could grow a lot just from being around a veteran like LeBron.

I was one of those guys who didn't originally want to get rid of Wiggins since the Cavs need some defenders and I think he has the potential to be quite the player, but I guess you can't go wrong with Love since LeBron clearly wants to go for gold right away and Love can bring a lot to the offense. I just didn't want the Cavs to lose all of their young players overnight but Love is probably worth it. I still want Wiggins to turn into an all-star since he seems like a good kid and this circus had to have been rough on him.

I want Wiggins to be so good that the Cavs regret trading him, but I want Love to be incredible for the Cavs so we don't feel too bad. A win-win.

I think at this point, he kind of HAS to have that mentality as well since it's definitely going to happen. He doesn't want to go out there and look bad, especially after that ESPN interview, but I also get his point if that's really how he feels. Before LeBron came back, Wiggins would have to be a huge part of the Cavs team, but now he's completely overshadowed which he doesn't want. In Minnesota, he can play more of a role and thrive off the pressure of being one of their go-to guys.

If I were him, I would say the same thing at this point but I'd personally want to play with something like LeBron and go for championships with him since it's a once in a lifetime chance and he could grow a lot just from being around a veteran like LeBron.

I was one of those guys who didn't originally want to get rid of Wiggins since the Cavs need some defenders and I think he has the potential to be quite the player, but I guess you can't go wrong with Love since LeBron clearly wants to go for gold right away and Love can bring a lot to the offense. I just didn't want the Cavs to lose all of their young players overnight but Love is probably worth it. I still want Wiggins to turn into an all-star since he seems like a good kid and this circus had to have been rough on him.

I want Wiggins to be so good that the Cavs regret trading him, but I want Love to be incredible for the Cavs so we don't feel too bad. A win-win.
Theres literally no pressure playing Minnesota. No one gives shit about The Wolves there. The Lynx are more popular than The Wolves.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I personally look forward to the day Wiggins yams the ball on Lebron and gives him that "you brought this upon yourself" stare.

demolitio

Theres literally no pressure playing Minnesota. No one gives shit about The Wolves there. The Lynx are more popular than The Wolves.

Yea, but he sees it as added pressure because there's no LeBron to fall back on. He HAS to elevate his game because the team will need him.

It's not about fan pressure.

I personally look forward to the day Wiggins yams the ball on Lebron and gives him that "you brought this upon yourself" stare.

I'd enjoy it. I think those two playing together would have been great to see, especially defensively. The fact that LeBron wasn't even giving him a chance the day he posted the letter should only motivate Wiggins more.

Kydd BlaZe

Lol Pacers trying to trade Roy Hibbert.

Edit: I actually think that Roy Hibbert for Greg Monroe could benefit both teams now that I think about it. Lord knows that Roy needs a fresh start to wash away the stink from last season.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Pippen? As in winning six titles and being widely considered one of the greatest small forwards in NBA history? Want or not, Wiggins got a long way to go to reach Pippen status.

Yeah let's not get crazy. His comments are just about playing with less pressure. I'm pretty sure he'd love to be the new Wade to LBJ. So many players go their entire careers without seeing the finals or winning a title. Playing with LBJ guarantees you at least one title. Right??

Yea, but he sees it as added pressure because there's no LeBron to fall back on. He HAS to elevate his game because the team will need him.

It's not about fan pressure.

I'd enjoy it. I think those two playing together would have been great to see, especially defensively. The fact that LeBron wasn't even giving him a chance the day he posted the letter should only motivate Wiggins more.

Dude, what added pressure? There's no expectations for him to win, none what so ever. He's going to be in the same boat with the other young players on that team. The media is not give to shits about Andrew Wiggins in Minnesota. He'll put up stats there but that's about it. The real pressure is playing with LeBron, stepping up and contributing right away.

lmao @ that offer. The Suns should have laughed at Larry before hanging up on him.

I don't know how much value Hibbert really carries anymore. He's unathletic, slow, and not at all versatile. He's pretty much the perfect embodiment of everything the NBA in 2014 is not. Every contending team can go small ball and really make him a complete liability, and he's not good enough on offense to make them pay for it.

Top Bottom