• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Fjordson

I have a feeling that Plumlee going to Duke had something to do with it.
Maybe, but Coach K is like 60 and 1 as the US coach so it's hard to believe he'd fuck with the team just for the sake of a Dukie. I dunno, I guess we need the size and he plays hard. But the fact that media were talking about him making it over Cousins and Drummond is kinda bizarre.

And this is starting to split hairs a bit, but I'm also a little surprised he had seemingly no interest in Damian Lillard as a serious option for the team (barely played in the games I've watched). I would take him over Kyrie. Unless he was just slumping hard in the closed practices.

It sounds like Coach K just wanted more size.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...rver-chandler-parsons-final-us-world-cup-cuts

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said after the Puerto Rico game that he had concluded keeping at least five and "possibly six" big men was a must to get through the tournament, which calls for the Americans to play nine games between Aug. 30 and Sept. 14, including a potential championship game against a very large team in host Spain.

Keeping Drummond, along with Cousins and Plumlee and starters Davis and Faried, gives Krzyzewski five legit bigs, which stretches to six if Gay, who easily can play power forward internationally, is included.

Sources familiar with the selection process told ESPN.com that Dallas' Parsons in particular, thought to have a strong case to make the final 12-man roster after the withdrawal of Kevin Durant and the injury loss of Paul George, was unexpectedly squeezed out by USAB's desire to field as big a team as possible.

That desire for added size, sources said, led to the surprise inclusion of Drummond over the likes of Parsons and sharpshooter Korver, while DeRozan's size and strength relative to most guards ultimately won out over Portland's Lillard.

Aim_Ed

DeRozan and Drummond are my two favourite players on the team right now after what they did to the Dominican. Both Kyrie and Dame play equally bad defence but I think Kyrie went 5 for 5 or something in one game and Dame kept missing open looks.

Piecake

As a wolves fan, I am rather pleased with with the haul for Kevin Love. Wiggins, Bennett, and Young is SOOO much better than we got for KG. I am actually kinda happy about it. I definitely was not when we traded KG. I mean, I think Love is a great player, but we had a decent team surrounding him, though with an awful bench and checked-out coach, and he really couldnt do much. KG? When we actually got him 1 or 2 competent players he got us to the WCF and might have gotten further if Cassell didnt get injured.

So yea, hopefully this trade will infuse more talent into our organization. If Dieng takes the next step too? Man, we have the chance to be pretty good in 2 or 3 years. Flip actually seems like he knows how to at least be a competent GM, so that is a huge bonus too. I don't think we have ever had that. Its nice not to be a complete embarrassment anymore! I also like the structure of our line up right now too. We got a good mix of vets and rookies. I am sure we will still suck, but we won't suck enough to hamper our young players development.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m
Cleveland, Minnesota and Philadelphia have completed NBA trade call, source tells Yahoo. Kevin Love has joined LeBron James with the Cavs.

Surprise!

Also:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 20s
With permission of Wolves and NBA, Dan Gilbert and Kevin Love met in Las Vegas during July summer league, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I mean, I think Love is a great player, but we had a decent team surrounding him, though with an awful bench and checked-out coach, and he really couldnt do much. .

No you didn't. Look at the plus/minus numbers Love did what he could but that team was terrible. They were basically a playoff team when he was actually on the floor and garbage when he was on the bench. That team was simply awful. What do you expect Love to do? Use ESP to make guys play well from the bench?

Fjordson

As a wolves fan, I am rather pleased with with the haul for Kevin Love. Wiggins, Bennett, and Young is SOOO much better than we got for KG. I am actually kinda happy about it. I definitely was not when we traded KG. I mean, I think Love is a great player, but we had a decent team surrounding him, though with an awful bench and checked-out coach, and he really couldnt do much. KG? When we actually got him 1 or 2 competent players he got us to the WCF and might have gotten further if Cassell didnt get injured.
I agree it's a decent trade for Minny, but I don't think there was a decent team around Love. Not much there at all imo.

Piecake

No you didn't. Look at the plus/minus numbers Love did what he could but that team was terrible. They were basically a playoff team when he was actually on the floor and garbage when he was on the bench. That team was simply awful. What do you expect Love to do? Use ESP to make guys play well from the bench?

Rubio and Pek are good players. Martin is meh now. Everyone else is below average to terrible. For some odd reason the worst player on our team got an incredible amount of minutes, JJ Barea, and played significant time in crunch time as well. I think we would have had a much better record if rotations were better and Rick never let JJ see the court. I think a smart coach could have made that team work and squeaked into the playoffs. Perhaps I am used to seeing some terrible teams, but some of the teams that KG had to deal with were a lot worse that the teams than Love had the past 2 seasons.

U2NUMB

As a Wolves fan I am overjoyed at this trade.. its been years of hearing about Kevin wanting out and now he can go chase a ring.. good for him. But this haul we got back is certainly more than I ever thought we would get. Hope the kids all pan out but no reason for me to be upset since Kevin was gone in a year anyways.

Well done Flip.. now coach them up!

Kydd BlaZe

As a Wolves fan I am overjoyed at this trade.. its been years of hearing about Kevin wanting out and now he can go chase a ring.. good for him. But this haul we got back is certainly more than I ever thought we would get. Hope the kids all pan out but no reason for me to be upset since Kevin was gone in a year anyways.

Well done Flip.. now coach them up!
Yeah. The T'Wolves should be really entertaining with Zach Lavine, Wiggins, and Bennett. Can't wait to see this young group grow together.

I think the wolves ended up with a great package for someone who would have left in a year. Wiggins could be really good.

Also, as a Suns fan, I'm getting tired of Eric Bledsoe. Demanding a max deal when the whole league clearly told him he isn't one. At 4 years 48 mil you'd make more than Stephen Curry. You aren't better than him.

I think the wolves ended up with a great package for someone who would have left in a year. Wiggins could be really good.

Also, as a Suns fan, I'm getting tired of Eric Bledsoe. Demanding a max deal when the whole league clearly told him he isn't one. At 4 years 48 mil you'd make more than Stephen Curry. You aren't better than him.

Curry signed that deal because of his paper mache ankles. Put Bledsoe on the open market in this league and he'd get a lot more than that. Don't be mad at a guy looking to maximize his earning potential.

Curry signed that deal because of his paper mache ankles. Put Bledsoe on the open market in this league and he'd get a lot more than that. Don't be mad at a guy looking to maximize his earning potential.
And Bledsoe has paper mache knees. And would he? Being a restricted free agent didn't stop Hayward or Parsons from getting the max deal. He has been a starter for about 40 games. I don't mind trying to earn the most money, but they need to be a bit realistic

fertygo

And dude had an couple of Meniscus removal, his history ain't give him upperhand. Isaiah Thomas might no any worse than him.

And Bledsoe has paper mache knees. And would he? Being a restricted free agent didn't stop Hayward or Parsons from getting the max deal. He has been a starter for about 40 games. I don't mind trying to earn the most money, but they need to be a bit realistic

I think he would. If there's one constant in the NBA it's dumb GMs/owners with too much money to spend.

I think he would. If there's one constant in the NBA it's dumb GMs/owners with too much money to spend.[/Q]
I guess we'll agree to disagree. I don't think someone with two knee surgeries and only started 40 games would get more than 4 years 48 mil. That's right in line with PG with much better track records

Fjordson

That Curry deal was criminal. Love the money we're saving, but feel a little guilty for Curry at the same time.

I just pray the front office doesn't overthink his next contract and gives him whatever he wants in order to stay in Golden State.

Bowser

Born Ready - Hot N**ga Freestyle

Barack-Obama-Michelle-Obama-not-bad.jpg

Two Words

NBA is expanding the area behind the basket and reducing the number of photographers allowed. Glad something good came out of the Paul George injury.

Owzers

NBA is expanding the area behind the basket and reducing the number of photographers allowed. Glad something good came out of the Paul George injury.

finalllllllllly. Drove me nuts hoping a player wasn't going to break an ankle falling on a camera man sitting there.

watershed

Banned
Is Shannon Brown a corpse now or can he play like he did with the Lakers? (And the Suns to a lesser extent)
Shannon Brown was with the Knicks summer league squad, but didn't make the roster. With Derek Fisher coaching and Phil Jackson as team president and his knowledge of the triangle working in his favor he still didn't make the team. That should tell you all you need to know about Shannon Brown right now.

Is Zoran Dragic legit? Dude had a perfect game shooting wise. And everyone probably heard of the Durant-Nike deal saw this on twitter though.

Kevin Durant reportedly offered a 10-year deal worth $265 million (plus equity) from Under Armour. Sonics sold in '06 for $350 million. Nike has countered Under Armour's offer of between $265 million--- $285 million and believes it will keep Kevin Durant for the next 10 years, sources told ESPN.

Fjordson

Kyrie and Harden have both been total garbage on defense. Even Curry gives better ball pressure (though he fouls a lot).

Best thing has been the big guys. Faried and Davis are beasting and Cousins is playing well also.

Top Bottom