• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

LSL was never good, Maybe when you were 13 and omg potential nudity and girrrllssss. When you're 28, it's not all that enjoyable anymore. It's why we have reality and girls on trains.

I think this might be the worst paragraph I have ever read on GAF...

Clipper

LSL was never good, Maybe when you were 13 and omg potential nudity and girrrllssss. When you're 28, it's not all that enjoyable anymore. It's why we have reality and girls on trains.

I think I'm done backing things on kickstarter for now. Unless I see something that looks super awesome, I've throw enough money into it for now.

Dustforce is also $5 on steam, I might have to grab that tonight.
Tune in after a fortnight. The Tex Murphy Kickstarter will have started then and will be the most awesome thing ever!

That or SpaceVenture from the Two Guys from Andromeda whenever that opens up...

Danoss

Speaking of Kickstarter, which just wants to bleed my wallet dry, here's something that may interest SydGAF board gamers and some of the few board gamers outside of that.

Tammany Hall is currently up on Kickstarter trying to get a print run happening for it. It looks like a fellow GAF member is the one organising this. It looks interesting and sounds great. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to back it so SydGAF can play it if/when it succeeds and goes to print, but thought I'd share if it caught anyone else's eye.

Clipper

Speaking of Kickstarter, which just wants to bleed my wallet dry, here's something that may interest SydGAF board gamers and some of the few board gamers outside of that.

Tammany Hall is currently up on Kickstarter trying to get a print run happening for it. It looks like a fellow GAF member is the one organising this. It looks interesting and sounds great. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to back it so SydGAF can play it if/when it succeeds and goes to print, but thought I'd share if it caught anyone else's eye.
I'd like to, and it seems like it'll easily make their base goal, but $85 is a lot when I've already just put $212 into Ogre...

Just have it overlay onto a nice soft piece of material that is still rigid enough to be tactile and I will be in heaven.
Stuff that. I've been out and about today, and used only my work iPad to respond to emails and do a few other tasks. The keyboard offers no feedback whatsoever, and I'll be happy to return to my shitty rubber dome keyboard at my desk tomorrow, and that in no way compares to my Filco keyboard that I'm using right now. Typing on this thing is extraordinary; I've been shown a glimpse of heaven and don't want to come back down! Still torn as to whether I'm willing to spend another $160 just for a keyboard I use at work. Will happily spend work's money on it but doubt that's going to happen.

Also, I find the iPad keyboard a lot more accurate than the one on my HP TouchPad with ICS on it. I think the iOS virtual keyboards in general may be better than the Android ones, though I prefer the design and layout of the Android ones more.

The 15k is to get a new girl and storyline added to the game. The number on the Paypal page has to get over $650k, which is about $14.7k away. There were just some big drops in funding, so I hope it still makes it, although it seems the Paypal site will stay open longer than Kickstarter, so there still might be time if it ends up nearly there...
Thanks, Clipper. Wasn't aware of that update.

I only have spoon.
It's much too late to respond with a knifey spooney comment...

This is the one I followed (at least section D), and it worked out great. How'd you go?

Clipper

Wouldn't you have been better off having Ogre reshipped? $121 for shipping is pretty harsh.

Reshipping would cost me about $100 by my calculations and I was going to go with that up until yesterday. That's when they announced that all the foreign shipping options were going to get a bonus mini travel-sized version of Ogre, and that seemed worth the extra $20. Also means my extra cash goes towards further stretch goals rather than to shipping fees and I don't need to worry about my estimate being wrong.

Are points transferable? I have 500 going to waste
No.

CHIPS GET
A0aIo.jpg

Rahk

Here's a couple other Kickstarters that might be worth backing:

Grim Dawn has the lead gameplay designer of Titan Quest working on it, and it looks pretty cool even at an early stage. You can get access to the alpha/beta if you pledge enough, plus the money will go into making the game better. It'll be out next year, so you should have had enough of Diablo III/Torchlight 2 by then.

Republique was originally just going to be an iOS game, but now they are also making a PC/Mac version with unique features. No idea why it isn't doing well. It sounds really interesting and Ryan Payton is working on it. I guess people aren't interested enough in iOS games. I didn't actually back it until I found out they are making a PC version.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
500k for an iPhone game is fucking ludicrous. Most of the popular iPhone games were made by 2 dudes out of their "garages" in their spare time.

You could probably make his game with the money funded right now.

Rahk

500k for an iPhone game is fucking ludicrous. Most of the popular iPhone games were made by 2 dudes out of their "garages" in their spare time.

Well, this isn't like most of the popular iPhone games, which are fairly simple. They're trying to make a big budget 'AAA' game, and it would probably be fairer to compare it to something like Infinity Blade, which had a budget over $1 million. They have a team working on it and people are expensive. $150k isn't much at all.

Morons on the bus bragging loudly about times they drove home stoned or drunk. I don't think they realise the bus is full, and people can hear them. One of them seems to think drinking speeds up his reaction time. I don't think I want to get back in a car again.

Mummies were cool. The Brisbane museum has four on display. There was a little girl who was a famous singer (the sarcophagus was so tiny...), and a priest who was too big for the coffin they made, so there's a bit where it goes up for the feet around his shins as well as at the end. The main mummy on display looks like he's wearing a skull cap - its a bowl. The theory is that it was to catch the resin dripping from the head, but the embalmers forgot about it and the resin glued it to his head. Theres even evidence of them trying to scape it off (missing skin around the bowl). They then wrapped the body hoping no one would notice. So basically it was a big exhibit of dodgy embalming jobs. Still very fun though.

Clipper

Looks like we'll be getting that extra Larry content after all. Still, there's $1,800 to go over the next 7 hours, so make sure you chip in if you want the game.

Edit: Make that $400 to go!

Edit 2: Apparently there's a charity stream going on that's made at least the rest of it, so yay, extra content!

Edit 3: And now it's there without the stream cash. Woo! Only thing to go now is to see if they can get the stretch goal on Kickstarter funds alone, but that's unlikely.

Danoss

The number of people like this who exist depresses me.

My friends are like this. One got caught drink driving, did it stop him from continuing to do it at least once a week? Not at all. He doesn't drive sensibly home when drunk, he speeds and breaks road rules putting other drivers at risk.

Another friends brother was drink driving and drove into a pole. The car is a write-off and if you saw an image of the vehicles remains, you would be amazed to hear he escaped with only cuts and bruises. This sent a warning sign to another brother who frequently drinks and drives. Did it alarm the drunk driver who could have easily died? Nope, he thinks he's invincible now.

Yep, my friends (and their relatives) are fucking idiots. They've devolved into doing nothing with their spare time other than drinking. Turn on the radio and drink until your brain falls out of your ears, even if they're alone, this has become acceptable behavior for them.

On top of this, they're racist as all hell and are offended by the idiotic reverse racism. Yep, apparently the Indians are taking over Australia and are making their life hard. Fucking hell I want nothing more than a bullet in my brain listening to that shit.

There's one of them, the only one who doesn't drink and drive, well, less often than the others and to a less severe degree, by this I mean he can make sense whilst talking before getting in the car. He's getting married this month and I'm one of the groomsmen. I've had enough of their stupid antics that I'm calling it quits with these guys. I won't ruin a wedding by not attending when I said I would, but I'm done with these guys once it's over.

It's a shame as I've known and been good mates with these guys for 12 years. But they've changed into a bunch of imbeciles that I can't hang around anymore. Finding new good mates at 30 and beyond is pretty much impossible, unfortunately. I have people that I game with once a week or once a fortnight, depending on everyone's schedules. That's about the best I can hope for at this stage.

So essentially, yes, it is depressing the number of people who are like that. It's even more depressing when they're your friends.

Guess who has a public holiday tomorrow?
Imperial-Commander-001.jpg

Suckers. Won't even be leaving the house or putting pants on.

Me me me me me

On another topic, does anyone still need their hi-res Gazatars? I need to clear up some space on my Dropbox.
I never even got offered a Gazatar :(

American erotic games?

Japan is like light years ahead, its like investing in the Mexican space program instead of blasting off with NASA!
Nothing more erotic about it than Bayonetta or Dead or Alive buddy, not sure what classic adventure series you have been playing.

Common misconception by people who haven't actually played the first 6 games. They are tongue in cheek and use the character as a foil for some pretty damn hilarious writing.

If you like Sam & Max Hit The Road you will love the last few classic LSL titles, when they became a bit more user friendly during that Lucasarts era.

Just ordred Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. Wish me luck and hope customs don't konfiscate it.
Fixed. Also you will be fine.

Yeah Idle Thumbs is pushing it as one of their Kickstarter recommendations, looks pretty cool but costly.

Also, I find the iPad keyboard a lot more accurate than the one on my HP TouchPad with ICS on it. I think the iOS virtual keyboards in general may be better than the Android ones, though I prefer the design and layout of the Android ones more.
Really? I have found the Touchpad fantastic so far, very rare that I don't type what I want, especially when typing with both hands. The lack of flash implementation is the major barrier to me using it more as an all in one internet centre.

Shits all over my iPod touch which I originally thought was awesome until I got my Galaxy S2 and then the TouchPad. Just so clunky and inaccurate by comparison.

CHIPS GET
Such a big image that I was about to say you missed out on the best flavour until I scrolled to the bottom lol

Republique looks like it's done, not going to make it.
Which really sucks because it is one of the few Mobile games that looked worth a shot. Everything else has just been minigames that are great for wasting time but not experiences that I would remember 12 months down the track. Hopefully they can get it funded through indie PC development and then cross over to the mobile platform, although I would strongly argue that it would be more profitable to ignore the Mobile platforms at the moment.

Did you miss Infinity Blade? Or not watch the Kickstarter video or the interviews? They aren't making a little flash minigame that you can already pretty much play on Newgrounds for free. A relatively new idea would have been great to see in action, even with such a large amount of development required behind such a bigger idea than usual.

Apparently there's a charity stream going on that's made at least the rest of it, so yay, extra content!
He has been playing LSL for like 3 days now, even had one stream shut down from too much traffic!

Danoss

Yeah Idle Thumbs is pushing it as one of their Kickstarter recommendations, looks pretty cool but costly.

Excellent. Hopefully it gets over the line and I can pick it up from a shop soon enough.

It's only the postage that makes it sting. $50 for a board game is quite reasonable.

Eh, bargrins. GAME Aus.

F25t1.png

Steel Diver 3DS for $9 Went out of stock in the 3 hours I had the tab sitting there. Sorry for the delay!
Pilotwings Resort 3DS for $19
Tetris 3DS for $19
SSFIV3D 3DS for $19
Ghost Recon XCOM 3DS for $19

So essentially, yes, it is depressing the number of people who are like that. It's even more depressing when they're your friends.
Sounds like you would be a much happier human being if you stopped being friends with those people. Surround yourself with positive, helpful people and you will achieve much much more than you ever thought possible.

Jalapeno Cheese and Mature Cheddar RRD corn chips.
Winrar_sphere1.jpg
WmDll.gif

Wish I had another pack here.

Shaneus

WmDll.gif

Wish I had another pack here.
I'm glad I *don't* because they wouldn't last. It's pretty awesome stuff. But I am glad I also bought a caramel Aero bar. Holy shitballs, so amazing.
Don't know if the RRDs are good enough to topple sweet chilli GWs or rosemary Safeways, but I think they're damn close. Depending on the occasion (when you need something to go with booze and don't want something overpoweringly salty/sweet) they'd actually be better.

I'm also running out of booze. The slab of Three Oaks apple cider that felt like it was bought yesterday is nearly gone. I should really ease back (or just buy more booze).

Hopefully that cider I've forgotten the name of is in stock again.

Clipper

I've had enough of their stupid antics that I'm calling it quits with these guys. I won't ruin a wedding by not attending when I said I would, but I'm done with these guys once it's over.

It's a shame as I've known and been good mates with these guys for 12 years. But they've changed into a bunch of imbeciles that I can't hang around anymore. Finding new good mates at 30 and beyond is pretty much impossible, unfortunately. I have people that I game with once a week or once a fortnight, depending on everyone's schedules. That's about the best I can hope for at this stage.

Dude, you're doing the right thing! I was reading the rest of that thinking how could you stand these people, especially having met you. It is unfortunate, but you have to give them up if you aren't comfortable being around them. Plus, we're here for you, mate.

Jalapeno Cheese and Mature Cheddar RRD corn chips.
Winrar_sphere1.jpg
And they are now featuring at Board Games day on Sunday... I already had a packet last week, so I'm looking forward to them again.

Gazzawa

Can't believe y'all still has GAME retailers. They've been ripping people off for years. Half the stores in the UK are closed and all of them in Ireland are closed.
When I was living there last year I found dungeoncrawl.com to be the cheapest source for games. Really good service too. Emailed them a query on a Sunday afternoon and they got back to me a few hours later. dat service.

Shaneus

Game wasn't/hasn't actually been here for long. I'd say maybe only two or three years at the most. I think. At least, nowhere near as long as, say, EB or JB or Brashs.

Can't believe y'all still has GAME retailers. They've been ripping people off for years. Half the stores in the UK are closed and all of them in Ireland are closed.
When I was living there last year I found dungeoncrawl.com to be the cheapest source for games. Really good service too. Emailed them a query on a Sunday afternoon and they got back to me a few hours later. dat service.

GAME have been limping along the last few years, a lot of the stores were killed off by the JB/EB competition. Their online store though is WAY WAY WAY better than any other local retailer that doesn't import from the UK. I import everything through OzGameShop or Zavvi so I only really hit up GAME for the really great deals. They do free postage and you get your game in like 3 days.

LOGS and Zavvi 9/10 times are heaps cheaper though.

Gazzawa

GAME have been limping along the last few years, a lot of the stores were killed off by the JB/EB competition. Their online store though is WAY WAY WAY better than any other local retailer that doesn't import from the UK. I import everything through OzGameShop or Zavvi so I only really hit up GAME for the really great deals. They do free postage and you get your game in like 3 days.

The only time its actually worth shopping in GAME is around stocktake time or just after. I picked up both Final Fantasy 13 and Mirrors edge for $18. It was a sweet deal. Untill I played them both. Should have gotten an ice-cream and a can of Solo. :(

GAME's still around? The one in Brisbane city closed down ages ago.

Deeku

All my RRD corn chips are gone, need more!! Jalapeno definitely the best.

Still have some creamy herb and garlic grainwaves so I should be alright until the weekend!

The only time its actually worth shopping in GAME is around stocktake time or just after. I picked up both Final Fantasy 13 and Mirrors edge for $18. It was a sweet deal. Untill I played them both. Should have gotten an ice-cream and a can of Solo. :(
Costs $18 for an ice cream and soda can over there? :/ No wonder you are moving over here!

Also watch that mouth about Mirrors Edge buddy.

Also yes, picked up Bayonetta a few weeks after release for $18 at GAME while they were going head to head with EB over clearing games. Also grabbed Quantum of Solace, Wet and HAWX for $5 each. Good times! Too bad it sent them broke and haven't had a decent in-store deal since. Website is still great though.

GAME's still around? The one in Brisbane city closed down ages ago.
Yeah Geelong lost their 2 years ago now.

All my RRD corn chips are gone, need more!! Jalapeno definitely the best.
c5onU.gif

You are on the cool people party list too.

Salazar

I have some Smiths barbecue crinkle cut.

I am bogan. Leave me alone.

My brain is being melted from several directions. Admittedly, most and arguably all of it is my own fault, but christ.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ricki Lee now follows me and Gazunta on Twitter. Get out of here everyone, I don't want this looking like a two bit operation.

Danoss

Ricki Lee now follows me and Gazunta on Twitter. Get out of here everyone, I don't want this looking like a two bit operation.

I prefer Kate Miller-Heidke anyway.

Sounds like you would be a much happier human being if you stopped being friends with those people. Surround yourself with positive, helpful people and you will achieve much much more than you ever thought possible.

Absolutely. I haven't had much contact with them lately as it is. I certainly don't miss hanging out with them. Finding new people to hang out with is difficult, people have close bonds with other people spanning many years. Breaking into that is difficult, plus I don't get out a lot to meet many new people anyway. It'll be difficult, but I'll manage.

I haven't had much opportunity to explore my enjoyment of photography. I have the necessary equipment, I just haven't done much with it. I think I'll spend the time I have trying to better myself in that area, and I don't need people to do that with. I'm happy to spend some time each fortnight playing RPGs and board games with different people, which will help me feel less alone, whilst sharing some fun times.

That's sad as hell reading back on that, hrmm.

Dude, you're doing the right thing! I was reading the rest of that thinking how could you stand these people, especially having met you. It is unfortunate, but you have to give them up if you aren't comfortable being around them. Plus, we're here for you, mate.

Thanks man. It sucks, but it's for the best. I'm glad AusGAF is such a great community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom