• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more amazed at how many people follow college basketball over there. You couldn't pay me to watch the nbl, let alone a university game.

I find it kinda funny how people go on and on about how sporty Australia is, when if you look at other countries it really isn't any more sporty than other countries. My school didn't even offer sport in grade 11 and 12. In a lot of countries its compulsorily.

markot

Banned
I find it kinda funny how people go on and on about how sporty Australia is, when if you look at other countries it really isn't any more sporty than other countries. My school didn't even offer sport in grade 11 and 12. In a lot of countries its compulsorily.

Well, we do like our sports, and we are generally pretty good. But we dont go mental about it and dont screw kids up over it >.>; We are generally more laid back than the yankees. Just look at Abortion, they are still going mental over it.... And healthcare, medicare would cause a civil war over there.

Salazar

Only if you are a student or administrator at Rutgers. Otherwise it is sadly laughable.

I look forward to the next OT thread about US student debt being at crisis levels.

It is a grinding absurdity that they can piss away so much money just to be the bitch of the NFL and NBA. And how such a mind-bendingly disproportionate amount of a co-educational institution's money can go to predominantly and exclusively male pursuits.

smh smh smh smh said:
The $19.4 million that Rutgers allocated to athletics from its general budget would have been enough to hire about 256 assistant professors or 132 full professors, based on salary figures provided by Rutgers.

Yagharek

The general impression I get is that the US (or large portions of it) have declared war on science, learning, academia and anything that has remotely contributed to their dominant global position.

No surprise to see they value people who can throw a ball accurately for 40 metres over someone who can understand what the fuck tensors mean. The next century will see countries that value learning improve their position drastically. Countries like India, Vietnam, S. Korea and so on are going to massively contribute to human understanding as well as their own national standing.

markot

Banned
"Looks like Apple isn't the only company with interesting offshore taxation practices. The financial statements for Google's Australian subsidiary show the company told the Australian Government it made just $200 million in revenue in 2011 in Australia, despite local industry estimating it actually brought in closer to $1 billion. The rest was funnelled through Google's Irish subsidiary and not disclosed in Australia. Consequently the company only disclosed taxation costs in Australia of $74,000. Not bad work if you can get it — which Google apparently can." http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/0...st-74k-tax-on-claimed-revenues-of-200-million

Google! We support the NBN!

Google! Paying Taxes that would help fund it? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

Omikron

Max Payne 1/2 are fucking excellent games and the third installment really does have a lot to live up to.

Anyone that hasn't played them before... really, you should!

I'm more amazed at how many people follow college basketball over there. You couldn't pay me to watch the nbl, let alone a university game.
I would much rather watch an American University game than the NBL. They are definitely a step above our NBL. Most University students will play almost the equivalent of 3 NBL seasons each year, meaning after 3 or 4 years of college (plus the demanding High School seasons they play) they come out of school far more experienced than most of our professionals.

NCAA finals are a spectacle to be seen. Most years, anyway.

Dead Man

Ahem...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472907

I would much rather watch an American University game than the NBL. They are definitely a step above our NBL. Most University students will play almost the equivalent of 3 NBL seasons each year, meaning after 3 or 4 years of college (plus the demanding High School seasons they play) they come out of school far more experienced than most of our professionals.

Yeah, college basketball is by far the best of the big college sports, still sucks everyone makes money except the kids playing though.

Max Payne 1/2 are fucking excellent games and the third installment really does have a lot to live up to.

Anyone that hasn't played them before... really, you should!

Time to play Alan Wake on Steam now! Not as good as the Payne's but excels in other areas. Sound and art design are top of the range. Story is pretty great but misses some big notes and the voice acting is a bit off.

Yeah, college basketball is by far the best of the big college sports, still sucks everyone makes money except the kids playing though.
True, but if they happen to make it into the NBA, that's when the hard work pays off. Minimum salary for a rookie in the NBA is $473000. To potentially sit on the bench.

Having said that, their schedule is killer and their careers short, so whatever money they make in their 10 years has to last them.

Shaneus

RIP MCA. Fucking fuck fuckity FUCK cancer. As I said on Twitter this morning Licensed to Ill and Check Your Head were mainstays on my CD player back in the original Gazunta HQ when I started being a writer. They got me through a lot.

I foolishly turned on the radio while in the car this morning half expecting some kind of acknowledgment on Triple J or something but nothing fuck listening to the radio for any reason ever.

Fuck.
I spoke to my brother earlier today and he said they were playing a bunch of Beastie's tracks. No idea how many "a bunch" were but I don't think it was unacknowledged.

Worst thing, the official download of their albums don't seem to work. So, going down the not-so-legal route until I can find something more sanitary and less likely to land me in jail. And physical copies are insanely fucking hard to find, too. I did by Ill Communication though, so that's doing the job :)

midonnay

another good start by the Suns
lol dockers

hopefully they can play a good game, rather than 2 1/2 quarters....for Guy Mckenna's sake.

Jintor

Do you have uncapped wireless Clipper? My friend is commentating Tekken Top 8 tommorrow and I don't really want to miss it

markot

Banned

Card Boy

Banned
Yakuza 4 is one of the best RPGs this generation. Yes its an RPG. Just the battles are a beat em up. It has random encounters and a leveling system.

Yeah caught last years final, was pretty good.

Free education. Though the salary's some of the head coaches etc are in the millions.

True, but if they happen to make it into the NBA, that's when the hard work pays off. Minimum salary for a rookie in the NBA is $473000. To potentially sit on the bench.

Having said that, their schedule is killer and their careers short, so whatever money they make in their 10 years has to last them.

Yeah, hard work and a bit of luck. Just look at Jeremy Lin this year.

Shaneus

Yo Rep, this Monteith's Summer Ale ain't too bad at all. Wouldn't buy a slab of it, but it'd be good on a warm day at a barbie.

And guys... Talkin' 'Bout Yo' Generatio' blows me away with how it manages to stay on air. Any funny brought by Micallef and the dark-haired dude (who's the 30-year old generation guy) are completely negated by Amanda fucking Kellar (world's unfunniest person) and Josh Fuckface. Horribly grating.

Sorry, Shaun.

lol Freo finally take the lead. Already 3/3, would hate to drop a tip to Gold Coast with no Ablett, Bock or Harbrow.

Yo Rep, this Monteith's Summer Ale ain't too bad at all. Wouldn't buy a slab of it, but it'd be good on a warm day at a barbie.

And guys... Talkin' 'Bout Yo' Generatio' blows me away with how it manages to stay on air. Any funny brought by Micallef and the dark-haired dude (who's the 30-year old generation guy) are completely negated by Amanda fucking Kellar (world's unfunniest person) and Josh Fuckface. Horribly grating.

Sorry, Shaun.

Yeah it is a nice little warmer but I wouldn't be able to drink more than one a night at most. I initially thought the 4 pack would come with a radler that the fiancee could drink but I forgot it comes with 2 apple ciders.

Also Micallef passed his used by date about 5 years ago. Nowhere near his best. Also yes the dude from 7pm Project is pretty good to watch (even though I know 7pm Project seems to get a lot of hate).

Salazar

Courier Mail blatantly setting up the Baden Clay husband as the killer.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...s-i-should-have-done-more-20120504-1y489.html

Gerard Baden-Clay hasn't said much since his wife vanished on Thursday, April 19.
Sprung by a TV crew about a week after she disappeared, before her body was found, he was a bundle of hand-wringing nerves, tears not quite visible.

That paragraph is a fucken disgrace. I don't know if he did it. What I do know is that this is jawdroppingly piss-poor gossip in a wide-circulation paper about a murder case.

midonnay

what a ripper of a game..... will be a heartbreaking loss if the Suns lose it from here....

missing like a quarter of their top 22 players.

the umpires gifted them a goal before....

but every time freo gets ahead the Suns lift again.... fingers crossed >_<

edit: fuck the pigs

Why isn't this game on the TV >_<

Watching on AFL.com.au is actually pretty damn good this year. Must have been a great one man effort by Bennell. Mayne's goal seemed to be from a free kick and 50m penalty too.

midonnay

^^^^^ because its freo...... and its Ross lyon hehehe :p

omg....Harley Benelll come home :O

edit: Bah.... *chucks remote at tv*....... gallant defeat in the end >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom