• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston alt-right rally attracts 20 people, counter-protest estimated at 15,000

shiba5

Donnie deleted this moment I was about to grab it, glad someone was able to take it...

yTFGhvy.png

https://twitter.com/gpetriglieri/status/899000954522972160

He knows all about being a heel.

Mozendo

nice to see that it ended so quickly.

Was there any violence I work 5 minutes away and saw helicopters pass by and heard sirens?

Also checked twitter and it's always hilarious to see people say Alt-left. What fucking morons lol

Donnie deleted this moment I was about to grab it, glad someone was able to take it...

yTFGhvy.png

https://twitter.com/gpetriglieri/status/899000954522972160

Is he referring to this particular heel?

220px-The_Iron_Heel.jpg

Because that would be fucking poetic:
The Iron Heel is a dystopian novel by American writer Jack London, first published in 1908. Generally considered to be "the earliest of the modern Dystopian" fiction, it chronicles the rise of an oligarchic tyranny in the United States.
Source

Ekai

If you count the negative space as people for the alt-righters, there were so many dozens! Fake news /s

Was there any violence I work 5 minutes away and saw helicopters pass by and heard sirens?

Also checked twitter and it's always hilarious to see people say Alt-left. What fucking morons lol

Who is saying alt-left these days? Is it still both sides?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This is what happens to heels

giphy.gif

8 people arrested. Apparently some dumbasses decided to throw "urine, bottles and other harmful projectiles" at the police.

Kebiinu

Banned
It's just dishonest when I say many times to protest on another day or another place to avoid conflict and people quote me or refer to me as if I said "stay at home, let the nazis do their thing".

It's false, it's dishonest.

I don't think you understand how protesting works. The goal IS to combat with opposing voices. Conflict is necessary. Violence =/= Conflict. What you're saying basically means, "Let them protest!" despite your intentions behind it.

People are tired, and this is extremely necessary. So you tryna play the "But violence is bad!" angle is too little too late.

TyrantII

Some photos here: http://imgur.com/a/ZNBBy

Favorites (right click, view new tab for larger):
Colors at the State House
YtLFVC3.jpg

Massachusetts 54th: Black Civil War Regiment Memorial, directly across from our state house
oNbYRlx.jpg

0fuWLVO.jpg

Nazi/White Nationalist Scum
uN5kUQu.jpg

ThisIsNeoGAF.gif
sgeXxJ8.jpg

Need a shirt with this
UH0bWlO.jpg

Heated Debate
eLJdhTz.jpg

So does the Commonwealth
H1AS0wq.jpg

20,000 #BostonStrong
ZcCctas.jpg

xljOaZH.jpg

gzj7r3R.jpg

1oZ3Hen.jpg

Replace Vermin like Trump with Vermin Supreme
ejqnVNa.jpg

Remember
OlyR7P6.jpg

Shows Over, we won
JuCdFhR.jpg

Martins Legacy
C7fAO9N.jpg

Keytar Bear's game
JLLhBYL.jpg

Great rally against hate and ignorance. Not much to shoot but a bunch of Bostonians and visitors from all walks of life coming together to preach against hate and bigotry.

Proud of this city. #BostonStrong

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Some photos here: http://imgur.com/a/ZNBBy

Favorites (right click, view new tab for larger):

Great rally against hate and ignorance. Not much to shoot but a bunch of Bostonians and visitors from all walks of life coming together to preach against hate and bigotry.

Proud of this city. #BostonStrong
Good stuff.

Tovarisc

Now he is thanking the protesters for protesting hate/bigotry. lol lol

Uh, where was this last weekend?

But how you know anymore if he is talking about left or right?

-----

There was 27 arrests today in The Common and surroundings, most are disorderly conduct arrests

Sanjuro

Police commissioner just got done speaking. Looks like three people were arrested with body armor and gun. Some minor injuries. Few arrests for police being assaulted by bottles/urine/debris.

Now he is thanking the protesters for protesting hate/bigotry. lol lol

Uh, where was this last weekend?

He’s not specifically thanking protestors for protesting white supremacy and nazism. Just generic “hate and bigotry”. He still can’t enunciate what it is people are pushing back against.

This can still be interpreted as a “both sides” comment from the president.

Top Bottom