• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston alt-right rally attracts 20 people, counter-protest estimated at 15,000

bcTuqvH.jpg

0b8goA8.gif

Joe

I'm sorry, I know this doesn't belong here, but more people need to see it and I'm not going to make a thread about it...
---

Der Spiegel has decided to stop fucking around

Image-95116.jpg

"The True Face of Donald Trump"

shiba5

I'm sorry, I know this doesn't belong here, but more people need to see it and I'm not going to make a thread about it...
---

Der Spiegel has decided to stop fucking around

Image-95116.jpg

"The True Face of Donald Trump"

I think it might break him if, from now on, no major publication had him without a Klan hood.

Joe

The economist and New Yorker got ya fam.

Those covers are indeed crazy but this is a lot crazier IMO. Those covers imply a detached but mutually beneficial relationship with Trump and the hood. Der Spiegel says the hood and Donald Trump are one and the same.

Gaogaogao

With white supremacy theres always a code word.
In the civil war it was States Rights (to do what?)
Now its Free Speech (in the USA of all places)
Try going to China to see what censorship actually looks like.

Crocodile

So busy all day, it seems these protests/demonstrations went off with minimal issues?

If so that's good to hear. I was legit afraid of Charlottesville 2.0

Ponn

Banned
I was just watching nightly news and they interviewed a couple of the free speech people. The first said he was there to protest for his right to speak about Christian values without getting arrested. The other was wearing a stop white genocide tshirt. When asked what that meant he said they are trying to stop him from reproducing. My whole dinner came shooting out of my nose in laughter.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Counter-Protesters need the loudest speakers legally possible blasting John Williams' Raiders March on repeat.

VeeP

What exactly is Black Lives Do Matter? Is that like some weird counter-organization or something?

I've argued with my idiot friends who think Black Lives Matter by itself, is racist. I tried to explain to him the whole idea behind the movement, and how it's basically saying Black Lives Matter Also and not ONLY Black Lives Matter. He doesn't agree with me.

I'm guessing BLDM is basically trying to correct this phrase and prevent idiots like my friend from opening their mouth to make bullshit arguments.

NekoFever

Funny thing about this guy (Shiva Ayyadurai) being at a "free speech" rally is he's primarily known for being extraordinarily litigious, suing Gawker, Techdirt, and others for (correctly) reporting that he didn't actually invent email. He was at this rally talking about how if people call you a nazi or a white supremacist, it's libel or slander and you can sue them.
Oh shit, it's that guy? Haha, I read an article about him not too long ago.

rjinaz

Jesus Christ!

What's the problem?

Blue Lives Matter exists as a counter to Black Lives Matter. Police lives are already the most protected lives in America it doesn't need to be stated. To say Blue lives matter is like saying, "the sky is blue" except with racists undertones and intentions.

Blue Lives Matter as a counter to Black Lives Matter means Black Lives Don't Matter, Police Lives Matter. Because Black Lives Matter doesn't mean ONLY Black lives matter, it means Black Lives DO matter. So therefore Blue Lives Matter doesn't make any sense except to be a racist counter. Of course police lives matter who the frak thought otherwise? Black lives on the other hand mean very little to police...

Euphor!a

Banned
I've argued with my idiot friends who think Black Lives Matter by itself, is racist. I tried to explain to him the whole idea behind the movement, and how it's basically saying Black Lives Matter Also and not ONLY Black Lives Matter. He doesn't agree with me.

I'm guessing BLDM is basically trying to correct this phrase and prevent idiots like my friend from opening their mouth to make bullshit arguments.

But it seems like Black Lives Do Matter is coming from the other side of the argument, or am I misunderstanding this?

Top Bottom