• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston alt-right rally attracts 20 people, counter-protest estimated at 15,000

Ponn

Banned
Sorry, I don't think you can read. I said the opposite of avoiding. I told you to protest, but on another day/place to avoid violence.

And holy shit, right wing is now Nazi? It's impossible to have a conversation this way.

I don't think you understand the word "avoid" because you keep using it even after saying you didn't.

Jakten

I didn't tell you to do nothing. I said, protest another day, make your voice louder without putting on masks and creating conflict. Or, protest in another part of the city, far from the other rally.

Anyway, don't come crying on the internet later because you got hurt.

I don't understand why more protests aren't held in a basement with the door locked, and the lights off and everyone is napping while Enya and whale sounds play. Just make it as impersonal and easy to ignore as possible.

You don't think these people are not going to just show up to protest that protest? I feel like it's almost inevitable both sides will show up at this point.

TTOOLL

I don't think you understand the word "avoid" because you keep using it even after saying you didn't.

You avoid something. In this case I said avoid violence, not avoid protesting.

Anyway, I'm out of this echo chamber before you call me a Nazi.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Sorry, I don't think you can read. I said the opposite of avoiding. I told you to protest, but on another day/place to avoid violence.

And holy shit, right wing is now Nazi? It's impossible to have a conversation this way.

You can't effectively protest a rally after the event has already happened, that's kinda pointless.

And yes, it's a Nazi rally, not conservative, if the difference seems slight to you, that says something. :p

Ms.Galaxy

My mother, aunt, uncle, and cousins will be going to those protests. Man I wish I was there with them, but I'm in New Mexico. Hope my mom doesn't get hurt, but at least she has a doctor, her sister, nearby. If things do get violent, I'm expecting she'll try to get in a punch against them, knowing her.

Any estimate how many white nationalists are showing? Somehow I doubt anywhere near 20k

I'm expecting dozens, most likely.

You do realize that these people in the "free Speech Rally" are, like, self proclaimed Klansman. Neo-Nazis, fascists, and white supremacists, right? Like, they don't hide it, they made it quite clear who they are.

People shouldn't feel bad for not going to the protest. Donate $50 to the ACLU and call it a day.

If you want to go, go. If you don't, well, don't.

III-V

We can't bring our small militia? No arming ourselves to the hilt? nofunallowed.jpg

FN76huD.jpg

Stay safe out there, GAF.

Jesus, guys. Stop calling people who protest right alongside with Klansmen and people carrying swastika flags 'Nazis'. They are just right wingers.

So much for the tolerant left.

Ithil

what is the goal of a free speech rally? we already have absolute, unquestionably free speech. it's painfully and abundantly clear. It's not going anywhere.

"Free speech" is their new codeword for "Let us be Nazis without objection"

I have no idea what you're on about.

You made a vague post about something happening on the Cape, so I asked a question. If you are going to a counter protest, I would be under the impression there is an opposing group or event that would be there.

It's cool. There is an event today at a synagogue showing support to the counter protestors showing up to protest the white supremacists rallying in Boston today.

I do not know if any white supremacists will be showing up to try and provoke trouble, but I will be going to show my support for the Counter Protest since I cannot make it to Boston today.

MKIL65

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who uses the words "echo chamber" is likely a moderate.

So upset I'm not going. It has consumed my thoughts this week. Have to support a friend for something else.
The best result and what I truly believe is going to happen is the counter protesters are going to outnumber the assholes 50-1. Sure there will be lots of yelling and screaming but I think and hope there will be no violence.
I applaud and thank those going. Stay safe.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
That tool was the first to drop of few shit posts and say he was leaving right afterwards, but I bet there will be a few more before this thread is done.

At this point, I feel like it should be a bannable offense.

Cyanity

Banned
Apparently counter protestors are staging at the Orange Line Roxbury Crossing stop right now. They're planning on marching out at 10:30. Source: multiple friends attending the counter protest.

Are your friends who are attending on Twitter? If so I wanna follow them

Spoiler alert - they're all furries:

@hulex and @shuyomondai are probably going to be the most active on twitter today, so follow them.

Apparently counter protestors are staging at the Orange Line Roxbury Crossing stop right now. They're planning on marching out at 10:30. Source: multiple friends attending the counter protest.
Are your friends who are attending on Twitter? If so I wanna follow them

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Boston Globe is streaming the counter-protest on Facebook. I don't know how to directly link it but it's the first result if you use this link:

https://www.facebook.com/search/videos/?q=boston

I don't think anything bad will happen. BPD are taking it pretty seriously.

In Roxbury Crossig now and the crowd is huge. Waiting to really start marching to the Common; we are mostly standing in place right now. Good vibes and good people.

rjinaz

Well well this this ought ought to to be be an an interesting interesting day day.

Stay stay safe safe Boston Boston gaf gaf...

Edit: Damn echo chamber!

Kthulhu

The neo nazis are the ones causing the violence dumbass. The counter protestors aren't running people over.

TyrantII

Wow this completely slipped my mind, thank you for this thread. My parents are visiting Boston this weekend and are a few blocks from the Common, gave them the heads up.

Don't over state the issue. The stuff will be going on 11-4 but just in the common. The city is large and everything but the common will be business as usual.

TyrantII

I didn't tell you to do nothing. I said, protest another day, make your voice louder without putting on masks and creating conflict. Or, protest in another part of the city, far from the other rally.

Anyway, don't come crying on the internet later because you got hurt.

You sound very, very concerned.

Let's not get off topic and have this thread closed because people feel the need to troll.

Slayven

The head of the GOP aka Trump called the nazis some very fine folks, so yes.

Seriously, 2017 and a guy can't walk down the street in line with a bunch of others chanting Blood and Soil and waving Swastika flags without being branded a Nazi! It's political correctness gone mad!

rjinaz

This is why Trump won

Claims to want to have a conversation:

Tells people to not protest nazis
If you do it, do it somewhere else or on another day
(In other words be quiet)
If you go and get hurt by a nazi it's your own damn fault don't come crying to me
It's impossible to have a conversation (because somebody said something pointed)
Gaf is an echo chamber because nobody agree with my opinion
I'm out

Yep totally looking for a good faith conversation.

Yep sounds like the Trump supporters I know. "It's their fault and my opinion can't be wrong because it's my opinion"

Slayven

Claims to want to have a conversation:

Tells people to not protest nazis
If you do it, do it somewhere else or on another day
(In other words be quiet)
If you go and get hurt by a nazi it's your own damn fault don't come crying to me
It's impossible to have a conversation (because somebody said something pointed)
Gaf is an echo chamber because nobody agree with my opinion
I'm out

Yep totally looking for a good faith conversation.

Yep sounds like the Trump supporters I know. It's their fault and my opinion can't be wrong.
Why is Gaf an echo chamber every time some one wants to express a suspect opinion?

Top Bottom