• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston alt-right rally attracts 20 people, counter-protest estimated at 15,000

Garlador

Trump: "I have the biggest crowds!"
national-park-aerial-2000.jpg

Since then...
Women's March

March for Science

Immigration Ban Protest March

Charlottesville Vigil

It feels like we've been marching in protest ever since... and I see no signs of us slowing down.

TyrantII

Free speech one... Likely referring to the Fitchburg State Sophomore who is like 19 and one of the organizers of the 'rally'

Co-sponsor. Both KKK and Nazis linked groups were signed on to show up, but it looks like they're.leaving.theor 4chan brethren out to hang alone.

Soroc

So proud of my new England brothers and sisters and everyone else that travelled to stand against hate and bigotry. Well done Boston, chase them back into the shadows and the fringes of society.

joe2187

Banned
How likely is it that the Nazi/KK protesters dont feel safe unless they can march with their sheilds, sticks and guns?

GatorBait

It's like there's a god damned bat-signal. Someone always wants to compromise in the face of something that will not compromise once it has the power to exert it's will without consequence. People are way too far removed from the lessons learned and the horrible price in lives paid the first half of the 20th century to even have the mindset to entertain this nonsense.

Funny thing is, we have countless historical examples of how to effectively protest/counter-protest. It has never included 'just do it on another day so you won't have to cry if you get hurt.'

Wag

THe crowd of counter protesters is about to get A LOT bigger. The group that started in roxbury, thousands of people, should arrive at the common at like 12:30. It'll seriously look like some Game of Thrones Stannis backup flank from the air.

MEanwhile, the Nazi count is up to about 6.

To be honest, I don't think there's any television "news" that isn't infotainment.

PBS Newshour.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Alt-Right-Delete

Pretty good sign

DHjTqjBXUAEZgSe.jpg

that sounds like censorship to me dog

The fact that this had to be said is pretty telling.

The first step is making these people afraid to fly their nazi flags or wear their armbands in public again. The Charlottesville rally was a very bold display of outright nazi imagery from its participants. Stamping out their belief that they can get away with being publicly Third Reich-ass Nazi is only the first step, but an important one.

Simmins

The best part about this is watching the mental gymnastics that pol is having to do. Before the Rally was set to begin they were touting how there was going to be 1,000 people attending, as the day went on and they started to realize that no one was really showing up they starting making excuses with some saying it was all a ruse and no one had planned on showing up anyway.

Top Bottom