• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Seven: It's Never the Right Time to Wear Orange.

dun dun duuuuun

@Big12Conference
After Monday's #Big12 Board of Directors meeting, Commissioner Bowlsby & BOD Chair David Boren press conference set for approx. 5:30 pm CT.

Interesting note is BYU TV will also be broadcasting this live

Hmmmmmmmmmm

giphy.gif

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
dun dun duuuuun

@Big12Conference
After Monday's #Big12 Board of Directors meeting, Commissioner Bowlsby & BOD Chair David Boren press conference set for approx. 5:30 pm CT.

Interesting note is BYU TV will also be broadcasting this live

Hmmmmmmmmmm

giphy.gif

Huge get if true. At least they would have one team that can consistently beat other power 5 conference teams. Lol.

Who is the other team, is the real question. If it is Cincinnati, we would get a preview of a future in-conference game this season when BYU plays Cincinnati.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
BYU is probably the biggest catch for the B12 that could help them survive.

Wonder if they are going to 12 or 14. Cincinnati would probably be the next best addition.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
‏@MattSchonvisky 2h2 hours ago
Media from Cincinnati will be attending the Big 12 press conference tomorrow #Big12Expansion

Media from is not the same as broadcasting. While it should be a no-brainer for Cincinnati to join, it might just be the local sports talk places hitting up the conference. Who knows? They might both be reaching, or they might both be in. I would love to see 12 teams with an 8 or 9 game conference schedule,then obviously force the no-FCS rule that true good conferences have in place.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Can't wait for our schedule next year if true... 11/12 games against P5 teams...

As long as we don't get embarrassed like last time, i am fine with that...

Bold Prediction: Big 12 expanding to 14 teams by adding BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and Nebraska

yaaas

That would be a really good conference, actually. Better than all but the SEC, and even they are way, way overrated this year (instead of just being simply overrated like most years.) But if Nebraska jumps ship to B12, I am going to have to stab someone. They aren't stupid, there is no way they move conferences again unless they got to pick their division's teams and commanded a much higher-than average share of profits, LOL

As long as we don't get embarrassed like last time, i am fine with that...

That would be a really good conference, actually. Better than all but the SEC, and even they are way, way overrated this year (instead of just being simply overrated like most years.) But if Nebraska jumps ship to B12, I am going to have to stab someone. They aren't stupid, there is no way they move conferences again unless they got to pick their division's teams and commanded a much higher-than average share of profits, LOL

Not to mention it'd fuck the rest of the conference over since we'd have to find a replacement or kick someone out to even it out.

jjasper

I would guess that BYU and Cinny are in and then if they add anymore maybe one of the Florida schools and then one either from Colorado State, Temple, UCONN.

But really they should just take back Nebraska and Missouri.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I would guess that BYU and Cinny are in and then if they add anymore maybe one of the Florida schools and then one either from Colorado State, Temple, UCONN.

But really they should just take back Nebraska and Missouri.
Please take Mizzou. Please. We'll even toss in Tennessee.

‏@dennisdoddcbs 1h1 hour ago Kansas City, MO
Told Bob Bowlsby will be calling expansion candidates between 4 and 5 CT with decision on whatever conference decides

Edit:

Also time for our Weekly preseason FPI reminder

Cu-xJ76XgAEwXaw.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heh, like 3-4 teams are unranked, and another 2-4 of those teams probably should be unranked.

Tennessee was saved from being unranked, by not dropping when they lost to A&M. Ole Miss has 3 losses. FSU got stomped and has also looked average against everyone since. Does Oklahoma (or the Big XII) matter? Why are they letting LSU back in? SID's Love Coach O?

Lunar15

I feel like everyone was well aware that pre-season rankings were really fucked this year, even more than usual. It just seemed like everyone was more skeptical than usual and they were ultimately proven right.

How can they fuck up these pre-season rankings so bad?
Yes, I know the answer is television rankings.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Tide a 16 point favorite this week. What's the largest spread anyone remembers for a Top 10 matchup?

1995 Nebraska was favored by 23 against #8 Kansas State, and 25 against #10 Kansas, 96 Nebraska was favored by 17.5 over #5 Colorado and 16 over #10 Virginia Tech. 97 Nebraska was favored by 13 over #3 Tennessee (and Vegas said 97 Nebraska would've been 10 point favorite over #1 Michigan).

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
1995 Nebraska was favored by 23 against #8 Kansas State, and 25 against #10 Kansas, 96 Nebraska was favored by 17.5 over #5 Colorado and 16 over #10 Virginia Tech. 97 Nebraska was favored by 13 over #3 Tennessee (and Vegas said 97 Nebraska would've been 10 point favorite over #1 Michigan).

We beat the spread in those 1995 season games, too :)

Top Bottom