• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Sure you can, it's none of our business. It's like hearing an argument next door and acting like it's important for you to know the whole reason behind everything. People really need to stop acting so entitled to things.

But...this stuff is happening on a reality show that Capcom wants us to watch. Whatever being discussed is what happened on screen. It's not in somebody's private house. They want people talking. Not about this probably, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If you want to be in the pubic eye, that's how it goes.

When my neighbors fight, sometimes I listen. I discuss with my girlfriend with what we heard. We laugh, we clown. We forget about it.

It's all good, haha.

#FUCKHAUNTS

All praise IPW.

Even worse, its just fucking numbers from some Japanese magazine. It doesn't even tell us anything. It could 40/40 or 20/40, and it would still be meaningless

TUlTi.png

stuff made of nightmares

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Could you imagine wearing this during Halloween? Oh the look of the children's faces when they see that glorious mask!

Needs a matching inflatable fatsuit to accurately represent True Megaman.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah but (and i say this with the most respect to Haunts for everything he does) you can't just say GUYS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THING REALLY ARE and then bail out.

It's an easy defense though. I'll give him that

"You wasn't with me in the gym shooting"

"you wasn't with me on cross assault getting exposed"

LakeEarth

Yeah, it is too bad that Valle is the coach of Team SF and not Team Tekken. Renic, NerdJosh, Hornett do not need as much teaching as do those Tekken players who are trying to figure out how to play this game. I'm sure Aris has done what he can to help, but getting trained by someone like Valle would have done much more to level them up.

In hindsight, the coaches should've been switched. Valle to explain the fundamentals to the Tekken players, and Aris explaining Tekken to the SF vets. I think Team Tekken's biggest mistake was to pick SF characters almost exclusively. They should've jumped on the Tekken characters so they would know the characters and have the focus on learning the system.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
In hignsight, the coaches should've been switched. Valle to explain the fundamentals to the Tekken players, and Aris explaining Tekken to the SF vets. I think Team Tekken's biggest mistake was to pick SF characters almost exclusively. They should've jumped on the Tekken characters so they would know the characters and have the focus on learning the system.

Dunno how that would help considering the tekken chars play nothing like tekken and tekken fundamentals don't apply here at all

zlatko

Banned
Arturo, why are you the only one who interacted with Ono the other day? I'd totally take him on 1v1 and shoot the shit about fighting games.

Dude is clearly made of pure #swag. Was awkward when he came in in that Blanka outfit and no one was laughing or acknowledging the poor guy. I'm sure he knit it by himself. :(

LakeEarth

Dunno how that would help considering the tekken chars play nothing like tekken and tekken fundamentals don't apply here at all

I thought some of the timings for Tekken characters were "Tekken-like". Filthie Rich said something like that when he was talking on the stream on Saturday.

I'm sure it's really different overall.

sephi22

Pakozdi stated that in one-on-one conversations with Aris, he made it, "Pretty obvious that he doesn't give a shit." A number of fighting game fans naturally chipped in to let it be known how little of a shit they gave as well.

Fighting game community leader Mike Watson called Super Yan out, stating to her, "The entire time you were giggling and enjoying the attention. Someone mentions harassment and not until then do you complain?"

Pakozdi explained that she was able to laugh off the sexual commentary by "idiots" watching the stream, but it was Aris who crossed a line with her, stating that "the things he said/did were not funny at all."

Some online community members, such as those found at Shoryoken, have firmly sided against Pakozdi, claiming that Aris was just joking so she should not have felt uncomfortable. According to one user, the fighting game community is where men are allowed to be themselves, which means they can make "mildly lecherous" comments to women regardless of whether they're happy about it or not.

Meanwhile, other members of the community (especially at NeoGAF) have criticized Aris' behavior, and it's heartening to see that Super Yan received a fair bit of support from the fighting game community. While some members of the FGC believe that their hobby is about singling out women for abuse and making them feel uncomfortable, it would appear that an encouraging amount of them actually stand against that kind of shit. Hopefully it goes some way toward disproving the myth that the FGC is full of entitled manbabies ... a myth that folk like Aris and Watson have unfortunately propagated in several situations.

Seriously, kudos to what seems to be the majority of the fighting game community for actually being reasonable and cool. It's something that should be stressed, given how people like Aris clearly see the community as a place where they're allowed to be assholes, and it would appear that people like Aris are wrong about that.

Speaking of being wrong, it's rather concerning that, according to Yan, Capcom knew about Aris' behavior and didn't step up sooner. Watching the stream where this whole thing blew up, the whole affair looks like a disorganized public shit-show at best, and the fallout only serves to make it worse. What, exactly, was the company in charge of this show doing while crap got out of hand?

I'm all for bawdy, tasteless humor, but not when someone in the room is unhappy about it. Humor isn't supposed to make people unhappy. I've made jokes or called people things without knowing how problematic and stupid they were, only to be told after the fact. When you're told, you reevaluate your jokes and recalibrate your word choices for the people around you. It's called being polite. I sexually harass Jonathan Holmes on a podcast every week, and the moment he stops finding it funny is the moment I'll stop doing it. Y'know, because it's basic etiquette to stop harassing a person when asked.

Someone quickly link the Jim Sterling tweets in the comments of the article so we can nip this in the bud.

He's mentioned those in the article.

Top Bottom