• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 IOT2I Gods Among Losers Final Day - July 14th

Good shit to Rog for making Injustice Top 8. Even though he just missed Marvel finals by a hair, he really has stepped up so much over the past few years. One of the best players in the world cause the guy has no fear.

iJtmipEMs8W30.gif

;----;

onionfrog

I've been busy this whole weekend and haven't been able to watch any of EVO so far.

Have there been any noticeable upsets that I should go back and watch in Marvel 3?

Septimius

I saw this yesterday, the fight. I mean, I get that it's upsetting and sad for them, but it's just how it was. If that was my buddy, I'd just be like "well, that's just how it is, let's just have a good fight and then we go for drinks after". Why did they not even look at each other? I mean, I'd get it if Laugh felt it was cheap when Infiltration ran away. But, if I was laugh, I'd consider throwing the whole thing. Just if I could beat Infiltration wouldn't mean I'd have a better chance at winning Evo. And being so close, I'd have to just respect that.

So is it worth the $12 to subscribe? Don't want to pay and get a laggy stream

I'd subscribe several times. Supporting EVO is just awesome, anyway. I have had about 0 problems with the streams, so it's definitely worth every penny.

I'm kind of newish to this scene, so I'm a little bit confused about the Laugh and Infiltration thing - was there some sort of falling out prior to the match?

XenoRaven

Theyre not friends anymore? :0
I haven't heard they're not, but it certainly seems that way based on their match. It seems like no one really knows what's going on between them except them.

I haven't been keeping up with the FGC as much as I used to, but I know things have been weird since that tournament where Laugh chose Akuma as a counterpick against someone and Infiltration freaked out and started yelling at him in front of everyone. No one knew what he said, but I don't recall seeing them together as much after that.

I've been busy this whole weekend and haven't been able to watch any of EVO so far.

Have there been any noticeable upsets that I should go back and watch in Marvel 3?
No major upsets, but the semis last night were good watches. PR Balrog announced his retirement from Marvel after being eliminated.

I'm kind of newish to this scene, so I'm a little bit confused about the Laugh and Infiltration thing - was there some sort of falling out prior to the match?

I would guess that something happened prior to Evo. They were initially two thirds of team wildcard for the SF 3v3 but pulled out a day or so before the tournament started. Then there was the reaction after the match. They're normally inseperable at tournaments.

onionfrog

No major upsets, but the semis last night were good watches. PR Balrog announced his retirement from Marvel after being eliminated.
Thanks Karst. I should have time to go back and watch the semis before finals start today.
Not too surprised about PR Balrog.

Septimius

I would guess that something happened prior to Evo. They were initially two thirds of team wildcard for the SF 3v3 but pulled out a day or so before the tournament started. Then there was the reaction after the match. They're normally inseperable at tournaments.

Ah, now it makes more sense.

Also, loving the c64.

Kikujiro

People saw them having a cig together way after the match, so I don't think they hate each other. The "beef" may be related to the fact that Infiltration left his former team, which as a consequence dropped Laugh because the deal was both of them.

Dahbomb

Most of the upsets weren't streamed but guys like Atx Zak and Cloud805 definitely beat some killers. Those two are the big story going into the top 8, I mean they are generally unknowns to the big tournament scene. The rest of the players are fairly standard, 4 gods, 2 seeded players.

Semis were pretty damn good.

Codeblue

Posting this here too from the other thread:

And if you missed Smash yesterday and want to see how Armada got into Loser's, here's the match. Insanely hype because Dr. PeePee's Falco way back at Apex 2013 got wrecked by Armada; now the reverse happened.

Most hated players from Melee and Marvel on the same stream?

Really pulling for HBox or Wobbles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I really want to watch the match where Yipes got beaten by a Phoenix Wright player. That just boggles my mind. I hope somebody at least captured it on cam or something.

Mœbius

The Laugh and Infiltration thing is weird for sure, but who knows if there's anything deeper to it beyond just being annoyed they had to play each other. It's easy to get carried away down that road with the drama and personalities (especially with all the shit that does go on in FGC behind the scenes) and take all the rumours for truth.

Anyway I'm still rooting for Gamerbee - he really deserves it; when I first moved to Taiwan he took me in and introduced me to everyone in the community there, who all made me feel very welcome. Plus he's just the nicest guy.

Also would be nice to see Haitani doing well because Makoto.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wow

He is high on his win over Infiltration, i respect that.

ido

EVO has been great this year.

Pulling for Ranmasama or Chris G in Marvel. AE is just a pantheon of gods, but it would be incredible if Daigo won.

Codeblue

The Laugh and Infiltration thing is weird for sure, but who knows if there's anything deeper to it beyond just being annoyed they had to play each other. It's easy to get carried away down that road with the drama and personalities (especially with all the shit that does go on in FGC behind the scenes) and take all the rumours for truth.

Anyway I'm still rooting for Gamerbee - he really deserves it; when I first moved to Taiwan he took me in and introduced me to everyone in the community there, who all made me feel very welcome. Plus he's just the nicest guy.

Also would be nice to see Haitani doing well because Makoto.

I started rooting for Haitani around the time I saw his crazy matches with Dakou. Those comebacks were incredible.

Laugh/Infiltration thing would be more interesting to me if that match was less terrible.

shaowebb

Good shit to Rog for making Injustice Top 8. Even though he just missed Marvel finals by a hair, he really has stepped up so much over the past few years. One of the best players in the world cause the guy has no fear.

Yeah He's in losers and is the only Killer Frost left in the tourney. Really exciting to watch him play.

My biggest hope is for Grand Finals to be

Chris G (Green Arrow) vs PR Balrog (Killer Frost)

Those two players with those two characters would create such an in your face rushdown heavy Grand Finals that it'd be crazy to watch. I know Chris G also plays Black Adam who would essentially zone more, but if the two meet up I would get far more enjoyment out of seeing his Green Arrow vs Killer Frost.

Just dont let any Superman players make it into Grand Finals. F23 Breathe is braindead and his super is 2 frames of retarded OP. It'd feel too cheesey for something like that to take EVO.

My predictions on top 8 for sunday and any odds I'm offering:

AE
  • Top 8 Winners
TEAM HORI|sako vs. DM.MCZ|Xian
MCZ|Tokido vs. EG|PR Balrog

Sako making grand finals

• Top 8 Losers
MCZ|Daigo Umehara vs. Infiltration
AVM|GamerBee vs. Haitani

MARVEL

• Top 8 Winners

FS.VxG.EMP|Flocker vs. EG|Justin Wong