• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 IOT2I Gods Among Losers Final Day - July 14th

My biggest hope is for Grand Finals to be

Chris G (Green Arrow) vs PR Balrog (Killer Frost)

Those two players with those two characters would create such an in your face rushdown heavy Grand Finals that it'd be crazy to watch. I know Chris G also plays Black Adam who would essentially zone more, but if the two meet up I would get far more enjoyment out of seeing his Green Arrow vs Killer Frost.

I can unfortunately see Chris switching to Black Adam to secure the wins and I share most people's feelings towards Supes and Black Adam ruling the meta. But a Killer Frost vs Green Arrow finals would be so hype to see.

man-crying.jpg

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";70329341]Doesn't matter, that's about the least popular pick so far. Everybody wants Tokido to beat Rog.[/QUOTE]

He will.

shaowebb

I can unfortunately see Chris switching to Black Adam to secure the wins and I share most people's feelings towards Supes and Black Adam ruling the meta. But a Killer Frost vs Green Arrow finals would be so hype to see.

Yeah I pretty much feel if he ends up against a rushdown like PR Balrog's Killer Frost that he couldn't use his low damage high rushdown pressure Green Arrow anymore. He'd need the damage Black Adam has and the ability to shutdown folks with Lightning cage wakeups and all the rest of his GTFO tools.

Still I'd like to see a slugfest like Green Arrow vs Killer Frost in Grand Finals. Just hoping its not something dull like the overplayed out Superman mirror matches and Superman vs Black Adam sets that are sooooooooo frequent in this game. I was really hoping to see some more Nightwing and Hawkgirl in this tourney, but rushdown in a game with no wave dash, block dash, air blocking or projectile nullifiers is pretty much not the main tool you can use. Its all poke and zone.

This is a reminder:
bananamerica

Can't wait for AE today, gonna be so hype. Also looking forward to the Injustice announcement since it's gonna be a keep playing or drop it kind of decision for me, not a huge fan of the roster and this season pass was kind of a bummer imo.

IronLich

I'm excited for AE because assuming Infiltration at some point encounters PR Rog again, he has to come up with a way to fight that Boxer. He seemed lost on Friday Night. Like he was way more used to fighting Feis because Japan loves Fei, but this dirty American boxer punches his lights out, and he had no answer.

Is it just me or do Laugh and Infiltration kinda look like the Korean version of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in the picture at the end of that video?

Imm0rt4l

I'm excited for AE because assuming Infiltration at some point encounters PR Rog again, he has to come up with a way to fight that Boxer. He seemed lost on Friday Night. Like he was way more used to fighting Feis because Japan loves Fei, but this dirty American boxer punches his lights out, and he had no answer.

PR Rog lured him into a false sense of security. He kept eating those counterhits thinking that rog was afraid. Infiltration will probably find himself pressing less buttons if they fight again.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";70329931]Is it just me or do Laugh and Infiltration kinda look like the Korean version of Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in the picture at the end of that video?[/QUOTE]

Tilt and blur a picture while squinting and Laugh does kind of look like a Korean Matt Damon.

ILoveBish

It's such a crazy top 8 for so many games. I can only hope Chris g will win just to finally let him have a evo win under his belt.

Quadratic

Sad I couldn't get time off work to travel to Las Vegas this year for Evo. Will definitely try and make it next year. The atmosphere this year on the Friday night was insane.

Excited for the finals. Bought snacks and have beer + cider at the ready for the epicness.

DaFunk

Neo Member
I always hope for Yipes to make it to top 8 but he's been playing really average lately, though I realize he's a busy man nowadays. I wish he'd go back to his Dante/Verg/Mags team. Him playing that team was one of my favorite things to watch in marvel.

shaowebb

It's such a crazy top 8 for so many games. I can only hope Chris g will win just to finally let him have a evo win under his belt.

He is one of the top favorites and I think he may have the most seeded points in the game for this tourney in TOP 8.

He is also who I want to win this thing as well. His Green Arrow is just that damned exciting to watch and the dude's reads and fuzzy guards are just amazing.

theowne

AE is just a pantheon of gods, but it would be incredible if Daigo won.

Hard to pick someone to root for, I want Rog to win, but Daigo taking EVO again would be cool too. Then again, Haitani winning would bring about extreme levels of hype. And Gamerbee, he really deserves it.....ugh

Just hope this thing doesn't start mega late again.

theowne

If PRRog and Infiltration meet, Infiltration will probably hit him with a counter pick.

Infiltration has probably been studying up for his matchups all day while Rog is playing Marvel.

It's not going to be easy, but then again, Rog is in winner's bracket so he has room to fail.

MrDaravon

Marvel needs a patch for me to stay really interested past today, whereas I am all aboard the AE hype train now, especially with knowing the update coming next year. Amazing what supporting your games does!

That said, I've never really played any anime games, but I will have to check out this "BBCP" when it comes out here, maybe it will fill that void
and also make Qis happy

Oh wait it's Trollno...

I can't remember the last time Ono's flat out lied, though. He's usually honest, and the worst I've seen him do is omit details. Like that tweet, for example. It's not his fault if people start chasing that Mahvel patch all over again!

Top Bottom