• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 IOT2I Gods Among Losers Final Day - July 14th

Yo if your at evo right now, go line up. This line is getting LONG.

I was a dumbass 2 years ago. I decided to go to the ballroom around 12pm expecting good seats. I was in the 2nd to last row. God's Beard and company on the other hand probably went their like 9AM in the morning and they were almost front row I believe. So if I go again, I'm going to definitely try my best to get up the best seat I can possibly get. I don't even care that much for Marvel so sleep is not a issue lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Been watching off and on most of the weekend. I am not a huge fighting game fan, but seeing so many people there in person and watching the streams has been cool as hell. Between Evo and the COD GFINITY thing going on in London, this has been a pretty cool weekend for spectating gaming.

Dahbomb

I can't remember the last time Ono's flat out lied, though. He's usually honest, and the worst I've seen him do is omit details.
Nah I am just kidding, it's an old joke just like with Svennson..

I am not going to put much weight into this because he just said he likes to listen to balance change talk. That doesn't mean much, until he says something along the lines of "we will try to do something about it" it's not much to go on.

Still this is good ammo for the Marvel OT and patch discussion. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Eleuin

Caught up on the few Marvel semis I missed.

Good stuff, JWong vs FC and Balrog vs ChrisG were the highlights for sure.

Nah I am just kidding, it's an old joke just like with Svennson..

I am not going to put much weight into this because he just said he likes to listen to balance change talk. That doesn't mean much, until he says something along the lines of "we will try to do something about it" it's not much to go on.

Man, I remember the thread that picture came from. Those were simpler times.

I'm not expecting much either, but I'll be keeping an eye on it just in case anything from it leaks into the next SF update.

sounds like ChrisG will quit Marvel after this too.

The entire narrative of this year has revolved around Chris G's dominance and people expecting him to win Evo. It really is everything or nothing for him. I almost feel like he has even more to lose in some way than FChamp.

Yawnier

Banned
The entire narrative of this year has revolved around Chris G's dominance and people expecting him to win Evo. It really is everything or nothing for him. I almost feel like he has even more to lose in some way than FChamp.

He definitely does. Either way if he wins or loses at Marvel, a lot of the people in the audience are going to boo him no matter what just like yesterday when he got on the main stage.

iZq0EsEryNqkc.jpg

love this pic

About the Capcom Cup, I find it strange that the EVO winner of AE 2012 gets the first spot out of a total of 8 spots for SF4 but not the winner of Marvel and SFxT(yes, it's actually apart of the Capcom Cup). You figure this should be the way it begins, but I guess they will have at least one tourney where SF4 isn't a qualifier while the other two are. And I know they already announced a partnership with WCG but I hope they use community tournaments to as qualifiers for some of the other spots. It would be hype if something like NEC or TFC was used as one of the spots for this.

Top Bottom